Quantcast Abee Normal's Crusie Report -Day 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Natomas, California = 2908 miles from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Abee Normal's Crusie Report -Day 3

Day - 3 Castaway Cay

Cast:
    Me - Abee (AKA Chris
    DH - Jeff
    DS - Jack 7
    DS - Jones 6
    My Mom - Lee
    MIL & FIL

We woke up again just as we were arriving at Castaway Cay - It's such a pretty place, I think everyone should see it at least once. Seeing the ship for Pirate's of the Carribean was so cool and it's so close you can almost touch it and the detail is amazing. I am going to try to post pictures on this thing if I can figure it out.

If you can believe it I was nervous about this day. My DH is not fond of the beach. The whole sand where it shouldn't be thing really creeps him out. His thoughts of the beach are globs of tanning lotion with sand stuck everywhere. Well, there was sand but it was nothing like we'd ever seen. It had the consistancy of baby powder, it was so soft and and practically white. One of the neatest things about the sand besides that was that there were little shells everywhere. The shells were mostly white so it really gave the beach a special appeal. I was told that this sand was brought to the island to really give you a special treat.

For the most part my DH was OK, the only bummer was the water was a bit on the chilly side. Once you got in you were OK but you needed to keep moving, I noticed while I was snorkeling with my mom that when we stopped we would get cold. (Snorkeling - can you believe it) We saw some really beautiful fish and some neat sunken boats and other fun stuff in the water. We didn't last in there long though and when we got out pretty much everyone was done with the water - except of course my FIL - he is an avid diver so he really took advantage of the water.

We then went up and had a really nice lunch - the food was BBQ style and served like a buffet. I didn't find the CM's as nice here as I had hoped they would be. They weren't mean or rude in any way they just seemed a little stand offish.

The ship sets sail at 5pm so we were back on board at about 3pm and it seemed everyone was on board by 4pm - I think a lot of it had to do with the temp of the water.

We went up on deck 9 as we left to get some more pictures of the island. Again it was such a magical place, one thing I didn't mention, they rake the sand everyday so when you get there it looks as if no one has ever stepped foot on this island when you arrive. And it's so nicely arranged with umbrellas and loungers and water tricycles and great big clear inner tubes it just seems like an absolute fantasy especially with that sand I mentioned - it really is a dreamy place.

We had a really nice dinner at Triton's - our servers were so amazing and attentive to our every need. The kid's dined at the club again so it was just adults at dinner and it was really relaxing no rush and it was Pirate Night with a deck party, I completely dressed up for the event. Just after holloween I bought an Elizabeth Swan Costume and wore it to dinner with dreads in my hair, I knife the keys the dog was holding in Pirates (I got them at WDW) and a looking glass to boot in my belt it was really fun, again I'll try to post pictures - The food is really good but don't get the Mahi Mahi with Macadamia crust - The fish was really tough prepaired this way - of course they brought me an entirely new meal when they saw I wasn't eating my fish - it wasn't bad just tough. It was also the first time I've had it and didn't really know what to expect. We couldn't decide on dessert so they just brought them all and we sort of passed them around and had a little bit of everything. As always everything was wonderful. During dinner my MIL expressed that she was upset that we hadn't had breakfast together and wanted us to all meet in the morning at 8:30am. I asked her if there was anyway she would consider a little later for the boys so they would be bright and shiny, she said no later than 8:30. I was bit nervous about the boys being cranky. We went to get the boys and they wanted to go back to the room for room service so we did and had a great night out on the veranda, my mom had her favorite wine Le Crema Chardonnay and we had our coffee and when I called rooms service they said is that picky boy hungry again and I said yes but now I have two picky boys - they said the ussual and I said yes it was there in 20 minutes and they brought Mickey Ice Cream Bars for all of us.

What a dream this cruise turned out to be - How are we ever going to top this!?!

Tomorrow Day 4 - Day at Sea......
    Polynesian & DCL - 1st trip Jan 3rd '08 șOș
    Many Trips to Disneyland Resort șOș

Even if you're on the right track - you'll get run over if you just sit there!!
    - Will Rogers

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    pogo Guest

Castaway Cay is my favorite place in the whole world. I wish DCL would take me there and leave me there for a week.

Thanks for today's report.

Post Thanks / Like

CC is just amazing! We didn't get enough of it in Jan, so we're going back for two!

Breakfast time on the ship is really nice, seeing the morning sun is just wonderful.

When I did the 4 day 6 years ago, the day at sea was between the island days. Interesting.

I can't wait to hear about your day at sea! It is so magical!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Next time you go, let me know so I can climb into your suitcase and come along for the ride!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

What a dream this cruise turned out to be - How are we ever going to top this!?!
    Isn't that the $64,000 question? Castaway Cay sounds beautiful, if a little chilly. Both DH and DS would die to see the PotC ship.

Wow, I'm still stunned by the incredible service levels you've experienced. It seems to be going so QUICKLY, though!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

THANKS for writing these AMAZING trip reports!!! It's the thrill of reading things like this that spur me to stay excited and keep planning (as opposed to just giving up on the wait,caving and going NOW)
    Megan and four-footed Jolene "JoJo"

DL October 2004- Offsite
    WDW October 2006 - Pop Century 70's
    DCL Magic November 2008
    WDW November 2008 - Pop Century 50's
    WDW Birthday trip!!!! Aug 2009 WoooHOO!

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, thanks for the report and for taking us along!

Quote Originally Posted by KylesMom View Post
    It seems to be going so QUICKLY, though!
    Sadly, it does... don't ever book a 3 day cruise! They FLY by!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I really feel from these reports that I am there with you!!!!!

I am so excited!!!
    Polynesian and Wonder 3/14-3/23

Post Thanks / Like

THank you so much for these wonderful reports. I am really enjoying it. I have two boys too so it's fun to hear about yours. I can't wait for the next installment.
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful journey thanks for taking us along for the ride great reports.
    Cassi
    1987 on site and Disney cruise
    1995 off site
    January 2006 Pop
    Feb. 2008 Bonnet Creek
    Sept.28- Oct.4 2008 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    January 2009 Bonnet Creek
    Sept 28 - Oct. 4 2009 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    Jan. 9-Jan. 14 2011 POFQ
    Coming Soon! Feb. 12-19 2012 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to book a cruise for 3 days, because I was very hesitant on the idea of criusing. I also wanted to save as much money to put towards a next DLR vacation and have it happen as soon as possible.

However, after reading these trip reports... I think I am going to book a 7 day! I'm serious. That's how this cruise sounds.
    laughingplace<3
    Juliet S.

Por favor mantengase alejandro de las puertas.

Last Trip: Pop Century August 2007
    Next Trip: Pop Century August 2009 (with best friend!)
    VMK- PrincessJuliet

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Thanks so much for the report.....

I am glad to hear you are having a great time.... One thing I was worried about was the food. Yes I am one of those pickey eaters. I am glad to hear they will bring you want ever you want though......

BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: