Quantcast One-way car rentals

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default One-way car rentals

I have been debating how to get from MCO to the port. I am super excited that I was able to just book a one-way, unlimited miles, intermediate-size rental to and from Port Canaveral for $25.93 there and $36.42 back! Seems like a good deal to me. (I can cancel at anytime, so I just feel like I've accomplised something without feeling stuck!) I called the Cape Canaveral office and they told me that as soon as you drop off your rental they take you right to the port. :-)

Maybe I don't think things through well....how do I get back to Enterprise after the cruise?? I'll have to call back!

Have any of you done this? What were your thoughts?
    Last edited by Turk82; 01-10-2008 at 03:23 PM. Reason: grammer (blush)
    Megan and four-footed Jolene "JoJo"

DL October 2004- Offsite
    WDW October 2006 - Pop Century 70's
    DCL Magic November 2008
    WDW November 2008 - Pop Century 50's
    WDW Birthday trip!!!! Aug 2009 WoooHOO!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I do believe that they have a shuttle to take you back, especially if you have a reservation with them. They aren't going to leave you hanging!!

Let us know what they say!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Just out of curiosity, why are you doing the two one-way rentals? Is it due to the cost savings, or are you arriving a day early?

In regards to the shuttle, some car companies will have the bus waiting at the terminal, while others require that you call when you arrive. I'd just double check with Enterprise to see what their policy is. For overall convenience, you may want to book the DCL transfer back to the airport, especially if you have a flight to catch. It can be time consuming for the shuttle to Enterprise, then the return trip back to pick up your passengers, not to mention their having to wait around with the luggage. The cost savings might not outweigh the inconvenience factor.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I am arriving a day early (thus the one-way on the way there). There are also 4 adults, which allows this to be a significant savings. On my reservation it says that they will pick us up after the cruise (I had my paperwork emailed to me). I will call them again when closer to November to get the exact details on that (i.e. do I call them when I want to be picked up). I plan to have a late departing flight as I am hoping to shop at DTD for whatever else I want/need after my cruise (Assuming I didn't get enough stuff to burst my suitcases by that point!).
    Megan and four-footed Jolene "JoJo"

DL October 2004- Offsite
    WDW October 2006 - Pop Century 70's
    DCL Magic November 2008
    WDW November 2008 - Pop Century 50's
    WDW Birthday trip!!!! Aug 2009 WoooHOO!

Post Thanks / Like

We are taking our second cruise in Feb, and we are renting a car from Orlando, to the port. We also are arriving the day before. We found last year, that we had the flexibility to do things cheaply.

Since you can take your own alcoholic beverages on board, we purchased them at the Cape. We also bought some sand toys for the kids, and some other things, that we did not have to take down with us, and we threw away when we were done with them.

Also there are some good restaurants in the Port area, and it is a nice area to drive around see.

I was able to get an SUV from Enterprise for $32.00 total. You cant beat that. Good Luck.
    It's a great big beautiful tommorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

It definitely makes sense then for you to rent a car. We typically arrive the day before and I love having the flexibility with our schedule and the ability to do some last minute shopping for cruise items. I like the idea of the late flight and some time spent in DtD. There's no such thing as too many souveniers
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: