Quantcast American Idol: Season 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default American Idol: Season 7

Premieres January 16 for a 2 night, 4 hour premiere event.

Audition cities this year include San Diego, Dallas, Omaha, Atlanta, Charleston, Miami and Philadelphia.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

It's going to be an embarrassment of reality T.V. riches pretty soon ... we'll have AI, Survivor, and Big Brother all running at once.

What will I do??

I'm looking forward to seeing how some of the Philly people make out. This is the first time they've held auditions in our city. I know a guy that works with my wife made it to Hollywood, so I'll be curious to see how he does.

I find it interesting that they're going to let them play instruments this year, too. Should make for some good T.V.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing how some of the Philly people make out. This is the first time they've held auditions in our city. I know a guy that works with my wife made it to Hollywood, so I'll be curious to see how he does.

I find it interesting that they're going to let them play instruments this year, too. Should make for some good T.V.
    Actually, the first season did have auditions in Philly but obviously it was much more of a low key thing. Since it became such a juggernaut they have not returned. Another thing about this year is that they are also allowing "Semi-professionals" and it seems as if a lot of them have gotten through. In most previous years you couldn't have a record deal. If you released something independently that was ok. But this year apparently there is one girl in particular who had a deal and was heavily marketed a few years back, but her album flopped and she was dropped.

By the way anyone buy any albums from last years idols? I got Blakes. It's decent, but not exactly what I'd expected from him.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    By the way anyone buy any albums from last years idols? I got Blakes. It's decent, but not exactly what I'd expected from him.
    How so? I really liked Blake on the show but then kind of forgot about him. I saw his CD the other day but was hesitant to pick it up for some reason. Is it like Maroon 5 at all?

I'm psyched for AI! I've gone into this weird void where I haven't watched TV for like months and I feel completely out of it. I need some good reality TV to draw me back in!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    How so? I really liked Blake on the show but then kind of forgot about him. I saw his CD the other day but was hesitant to pick it up for some reason. Is it like Maroon 5 at all?
    It's hard to put my finger on it. Something just seems missing. But there's definitely some catchy tunes on it. I'd give it a 6.5/10. I got it off of Itunes for the $9.99 price. Don't know I'd pay much more than that but I don't regret the purchase. He himself described it as 2080s and I guess that's accurate. Sometimes there's a Justin Timberlake sort of vibe coming from him, sometimes Maroon 5. I would say It's a mix of R&B, Pop, and Dance. He does do a lot of beatboxing/loop type effects which is cool. His live performances have been something else though. He definitely lets loose a lot more than on AI and the songs sound better with a live band in my opinion. You should check some out I'm sure there on youtube. His first single is "Break Anotha" and he's been on practically every show that features musical guests.
    Also if you want to "test drive" the CD Barnesandnoble.com has like 30 second clips of each song which should give you a good taste.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Ian, you won't have to wait too long!
    FOX has announced that the two-night four-hour season premiere of Idol will feature the auditions from Philadelphia (Tuesday 1/15 8pm/7 Central) and Dallas (Wednesday 1/16 8pm/7 Central)
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

I'm excited for AI but I hate the audition shows where they show the bad singers. Why do they even let these people in?? So I probably won't be tuning in until late January/early February.

I want Blake's cd but it's not top on my list of things to get. I'm sure I'll get it eventually. I liked him last year and I said that when his cd came out I'll buy it. I have a feeling I will like it.
    ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bleukarma View Post
    I'm excited for AI but I hate the audition shows where they show the bad singers. Why do they even let these people in?? So I probably won't be tuning in until late January/early February.
    The audition shows are the best part about American Idol now. I haven't watched an entire season of A.I. since Fantasia won. Now we only watch the auditions. I'm sure they let the bad singers in for ratings.
    Next Trip: 2008 (hoping and praying)
    POR-August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

My 10yo DD and I like to watch AI together. It's kinda a way for us to get some one on one time without her baby sis. We love the audition shows....Keith from a few seasons ago is by far our favorite. Anyone else remember him? Looking forward to another interesting season...."Live from American Idol!"
    CTennant

~For you see, in the end it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Tonight's the night.

I just saw Blake on "The View". Not sure what song he 'sang', but it was just eh to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    Tonight's the night.

I just saw Blake on "The View". Not sure what song he 'sang', but it was just eh to me.
    Uh, yeah. Unfortunately Blake's new single is totally snorsville. He was boring and kind of full of himself on The View ... too bad, because he seemed very talented on Idol.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    It's going to be an embarrassment of reality T.V. riches pretty soon ... we'll have AI, Survivor, and Big Brother all running at once.
    Though I love some of the reality shows, I'm not looking forward to having both Idol and Big Brother on at one time. I always enjoyed they were once a year, and and different times. Sounds like it could be a much tougher competion this year when they get to the final 10.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

OK! I guess I'll be the first to comment. Well I thought that this was a pretty entertaining kick off. Then again I had the option of fast forwarding through commercials and a few contestants. I thought for the most part that the judges were actually pretty nice to most of the bad contestants, especially with the girl who had the sick mother.

I recognized one contestant, Alyse Wojciechowski. She was a skinny blond with a short red dress. They showed her dancing before her audition, then they showed her screaching out a rendition of "Feeling Good." Let me tell you, I think this was an act. I went to high school with this girl. She was accepted to New York's Tisch school for performance and has been in many area musical productions. She is an accomplished singer. I've heard her sing many times and she has a wonderful voice. I don't know what the heck that was on the screen. I actually felt bad because I woke my mom up to come watch as soon as I saw her, without watching the performance first. If that was a serious attempt than something crazy has gotten into that girl. Oh well.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    Uh, yeah. Unfortunately Blake's new single is totally snorsville. He was boring and kind of full of himself on The View ... too bad, because he seemed very talented on Idol.
    Hmmm. I just watched the interview and I didn't really get the full of himself vibe. Are you referring to when he said he didn't think he'd watch the auditions? I actually know many people that can't stand to watch bad singers get embarrassed and won't tune in till Hollywood week at the earliest.
    I do agree on the song. It sounded much better when he originally started performing it but he's been adding all of these noises and things that just don't need to be there, it's distracting and seems to drag it out. There are better songs on his album but I kinda fear for him because he's seriously been on every talk show and the single hasn't gone above 50. That doesn't bode well for future promotion from the record label.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    I recognized one contestant, Alyse Wojciechowski.
    If that was a serious attempt than something crazy has gotten into that girl. Oh well.
    I have wondered before if some of the auditions are "staged." Surely these people have sang somewhere other than in the shower before.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Default My thoughts...

Well I ususally hate this part of the show and the process but I enjoyed last night. They were a little less mean I think and although there were a few of the VERY weird folks there on purpose (the old guy with the mustache) I thought the whole thing was pretty good. Thank goodness for the DVR though, I never would have made it without skipping the commercials.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Default P.s.

Oh and P.S. I had tears rolling down my face when the guy started singing the rhyming song about Paula, if she was a shower he would caulk her-rotflol!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Post Thanks / Like

I won't watch until auditions are over. I hate auditions.....
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Auditions...

You know ususally I feel the same way, but this seems like a kindler gentler audition process, at least last night. Maybe they are trying not to alienate new viewers?
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I had mixed feelings about last night ... I think I started off with a bad taste in my mouth after that poor black guy (who obviously had something wrong with him) got laughed at by Randy and Paula.

Look ... I have absolutely no problem at all with them putting people on who intend to make fools of themselves and letting them do it (a la the guy with the cape), but putting through someone who is mentally challenged and then basically humiliating him on national television ... honestly, watching that made me feel dirty. It felt worse than watching Jerry Springer ...

And the stalker guy I did not think was funny AT ALL. In fact, I'm completely shocked that Fox would let that segment air, considering how seriously stalking is taken these days (it's a crime in just about every state that I'm aware of). That guy was creepy and more than a little scary ... I was very disappointed they let that one on.

On the brighter side, I did think they were a little gentler with some of the well-meaning folks. They treated some of them with something approaching dignity and respect and even the nutty Janis Joplin chick who freaked out on them afterwards was treated decently, IMO.

btw ... did anyone besides me think this woman was wasting her time at singing and "actressing" as opposed to focusing on her art?? She appeared to me to be very talented. In fact, I almost wondered if she wasn't on the show specifically just to promote herself as an artist.

I also saw some talent that I think has a chance to go pretty deep ... maybe even final 10. The very first guy and the very last girl were excellent, as was the cage fighting woman. There was another guy (the black guy with the longish hair) that I thought had real talent and would probably go far.

Anyway ... looking forward to the season ... when's it on next?
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: