Quantcast ADR's in January

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default ADR's in January

I have become obsessed about returning to WDW next January for my daughters 8th bday. We went 2 years ago and planned to the minute with ADR's, parks, shows, etc. It ws a nightmare. Kids will be kids, and things changed daily from the plan. Unfortunately since I had such a structured thing planned it felt like we were missing out or kind of over stressful to fullfill "the dream". Anyway, this time since it's a much quiter time of the year I was thinking of just taking it as it comes. My question is will we be unable to get in anywhere. I was sort of hoping to just decide on a morning, "let's hit this park and try dinner..." and then call for a spot. Any chance that will work end of Jan next year or am I kidding myself. I would think we'd try for CM at contemporary for a dinner, maybe ohana if the kids are really cooperative, possibly a dinner at MGM somewhere before fantasmic and then Rainforest at DTD for a lunch. What do you all think?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you will be taking a huge chance. I'd book some dinners and then cancel them if they do not fit into your schedule. At least you'd have something. I'd be VERY surprized to see you get into CM or 'Ohana without an ADR. We went in September and I couldn't even move our reservation up a little earlier and that was months in advance!!!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I think that if there are a couple of places you really want to eat at, to go ahead and make ADR's. Like Kat1811 said, you can always cancel them.

Having said that, we were able to get day-of ADR's at the end of September, Marrakesh, I think they were before 5pm. So...I would think that there would be somewhere for you to eat, somewhere on property...whether it's someplace you and your family would enjoy, and at a time that would work for all of you, is a different story.

(We were all absolutely delighted with our meal at Marrakesh, by the way!)
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

If you really have places that you want to go, make those ADR's and then just wing the rest of the time. 'Ohana and CM are difficult to get an ADR for well in advance any time of the year nevermind last minute. If you decide to wing it, I'd come prepared with a list of places you'd like to try so you aren't desperately trying to come up with a place you will all like.

Post Thanks / Like

We decided in early December 2007 to go to WDW at the end of January 2008. As soon as I had a confirmation number, I called for ADRs and got every single one I wanted including:

50s Prime Time Cafe
    Hoop De Doo (category 1)
    Teppan Edo
    Chef Mickey's
    Ohana
    Boma
    12 trips to the World... next one: 10/29/12 for our Fairy Tale Wedding!

Post Thanks / Like

i think youll be fine..might just have selected times on when you can go eat..but if my parents were able to do it in Nov and they had no trouble what so ever...you should be totally fine for january!! i know i would do it!!!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: