Quantcast Just Questions: Be It Hereby Resolved...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just Questions: Be It Hereby Resolved...

...Resolutionland, even scarier than HM or TOT.

So what are your resolutions for 2008?

I know I've got to lose some weight, so my first is to try and lose 20 pounds by this time next year.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I resolve not to make resolutions unless I know they are going to be accomplished. So there is only one this year and its I'm going to be moving into a house!!!

I'd do the weight loss thingy but we don't own a scale and I refuse to become a slave to a scale..been there, done that, got the tshirt and resold it!!! Every time I go on a diet and lose the weight, after I go off the diet my weight bounces right back where its at so I have figured out 2 things--1.) the big guy upstairs wants me this way or 2.) I put a lot of good money and food into my body to make it look this way!!!!

Are we ready to have a better 2008 then 2007?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

I resolved years ago not to make any more resolutions, and I'm sticking to it!

I was about to post a reply to the last thread when we moved along, but I saved it, so here:

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    Did you miss me?
    I did. Although, I missed you primarily because I've been missing in action too as I've been sick for the last week and I haven't felt much like posting. I'm finally starting to come out of it now though.

And, congrats on 2000 posts!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    Hello? Anyone out there? Am I the only one at work? And am I the only one that will probably be at work ALL day?
    Nope, you weren't the only one as I worked all day (earlier and later than usual too).

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Anybody going to watch the ball drop tonight?
    I watched it. Now, I'm waiting to see what they'll do in Dallas. They haven't had much in the way of New Year's Eve celebrations here, and it hasn't been televised, but they're trying it out this year.

Anybody else out there having as dull a New Years as the Drummerboys?
    Yes. Hubby's been in bed for hours, and I'm just trying to catch up on everything.

Happy New Year!

Anyone have anything to snack on?
    Rhonda

pogo Guest

I don't make resolutions....... I can't keep them so why make them ???

Did everyone else make some ??

Here's to 2008 being the best year of our lives yet !

Post Thanks / Like

The only resolution I make is to try to be a better person. I make this every year, and would like to say that I keep this every year!

Still have over an hour to go for me before the New Year.

Hey Blythe - any New Years babies yet?????

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

...Resolutionland, even scarier than HM or TOT.

So what are your resolutions for 2008?
    Yikes.... you're right... I hope we aren't staying here too long!!

Resolutions? Yes, I plan on making some, but not until I feel a little better and have been off work for a day or two. Otherwise, what I might come up with could be pretty scary, too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    Anyone have anything to snack on?
    Do you really want to know?? Let's see... we've got Christmas cookies, Baklava, chili dip, cheese & crackers, 2 kinds of fudge, sweet potatoe pie, crackers & artichoke dip, chips and french onion dip, Christmas tree Peeps, 2 kinds of coffee and a Jubilee roll. What would you like???

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    I'm toasting you, Pogo... can you tell??

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Hey Blythe - any New Years babies yet?????
    Yup!! At 12:36 am, a little boy was born, although I don't know if he's the 1st for the area. (We have 3 hospitals here that deliver babies.) I don't know his name yet, but you'll be happy to know that although I didn't actually deliver him, one of our Intercotees did!! Kisobel, who is really Kate and a very dear friend of mine who I introduced to this site, was the lucky nurse who delivered him!!

So - anyone still awake out there, or are you all crashed out after your celebrations?? I'll have coffee waiting for you before I head off to Rochester...

everybody!! I hope 2008 brings you all the happiness you dream of!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Years Blythe! (yes, its actually New Years here now!)

POTC3 just got over 5 minutes ago - talk about timing....

Can I go to bed now?? I haven't stayed up until midnight on New Years, for years! (sad, isn't it?).
    I will definitely need coffee in the morning - so save some for me!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't make resolutions....... I can't keep them so why make them ???

That's why I only make ones I can keep...like I'm going to move into a house this year!!!

So, besides Blythe going to Rochesterm what's everyone else up to today?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Coffee's on, but I don't want to wake DW yet by making breakfast. Anybody got some bacon and eggs to spare?

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Yup!! At 12:36 am, a little boy was born, although I don't know if he's the 1st for the area. (We have 3 hospitals here that deliver babies.) I don't know his name yet, but you'll be happy to know that although I didn't actually deliver him, one of our Intercotees did!! Kisobel, who is really Kate and a very dear friend of mine who I introduced to this site, was the lucky nurse who delivered him!!
    So, does the New Years baby have a screen name and avatar yet?

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't make it until midnight last night. How embarrassing is that?

I had to take the rental car back up to the airport in White Plains. Then, DH and I had to take the bus to the train and then the train and then the bus from the train to my apartment. It was getting kind of wild on the train. EVERYBODY was drinking and some of them were already buzzed. A lot of them didn't even look 21. And you should have seen how short some of those skirts were!

I was on VMK but I fell asleep at 11...but I set the timer to wake up just before 12 so I could watch the ball and then Jon & Kate + 8 at WDW. However, I couldn't STAY up. I missed that show AGAIN! Can you believe it?

Anyways, I was woken up at 2:30 by the neighbors screaming and music and people coming home from who knows where and I couldn't fall back asleep until 3:30 and I tried to get on VMK but it was having connection problems, so I missed the west coast New Years also...even though I was up for it! (Was that all one sentence?)

I have NO IDEA how I will wake up for work tomorrow...

Oh....resolutions. Yeah... to spend less money, among other things.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that was a quick thread. Happy New Year everybody! Did everyone stay safe last night?

I resolve to get back to a more regular workout schedule, back to the 3 days a week. Been lax for too long.

Here's to a happy, healthy 2008 for all the JQ gang!
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

pogo Guest

Good morning all........ We survived the New Years celebration. Of course, we were home in our jammies snuggeled on the couch watching the ball drop.

Dick Clark made it and in spite of all he's been through, I thought he looked pretty good. But I must be getting really . I thought the entertainment on New Years Rockin' Eve was the worst I've ever seen.

What's on tap for today ?? I think we are laying low and having dinner here.

I hope nobody from "JQ" has a hangover today !

Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year, friends! When's the next train out of Resolutionland and where can I buy a ticket? I have mixed feelings about making resolutions. To me, a resolution is just a goal you can make any time of the year, why wait for January 1st? But despite that I do have a couple things I want to work on:

Being more patient
    Saving money (might be hard with a WDW trip this year)
    Living well- not just losing weight but being more hollistically healthy and environmentally conscious
    Slowing down to appreciate the little things in life and to be thankful for what I have.

I hope you're all enjoying the last day off before it's back to the daily routine at work! My favorite New Year's Day tradition is watching the Rose Parade and then making a big lunch and watching whatever marathon is on tv. Who's with me?
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    My favorite New Year's Day tradition is watching the Rose Parade and then making a big lunch and watching whatever marathon is on tv. Who's with me?
    We are watching it now. What's for lunch ?

Post Thanks / Like

Coffee's on, but I don't want to wake DW yet by making breakfast. Anybody got some bacon and eggs to spare?
    How about oatmeal, toast and apple juice ??? You know how health conscious I am !!!

And don't reveal their resolutions. It's against the Q code.

Many missions on tap for the new year. One starts today. Anybody seen the weather forecast for Zimbabwe ???

Before I depart today I will have watched enough college football to last at least until January 7th (Who knows what happens on that date ???).

Trying to divide time between the Twilight Zone Marathon and football is quite a task.
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

Every day there is sad news, but each day itself is glad news.----Found in fortune cookie at Nine Dragons Restaurant in Epcot while having lunch during INTERCOT's 10th Anniversary Meet

But If Not

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning all and Happy New Year!

I hereby resolve to try take better care of my health ... so I had tenderloin and biscuit for breakfast

I resolve to NOT start

I will walk 5X a week, gradually building my time.

I will write to those whom I we a note

Should I post a question here?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

We are watching it now. What's for lunch ?
    Well I still have tons of soup so I'll probably make a big salad to go with it. I also got an ice cream attachment for my Kitchen Aid at Christmas so I want to experiment with that today as well. Which flavor should I make first?
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Now for some resolutions I can keep:

1. I resolve to breathe in 2008.
    2. I resolve to read... something in 2008.
    3. I resolve to get my hair cut some time or other.
    4. I resolve to play my drums.
    5. I resolve to spend time on Intercot.

Don't think I have the fortitude to stick to these resolutions? Hah! Just you wait.

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Well I still have tons of soup so I'll probably make a big salad to go with it. I also got an ice cream attachment for my Kitchen Aid at Christmas so I want to experiment with that today as well. Which flavor should I make first?
    Strawberry..... what else ?
    Now for some resolutions I can keep:

1. I resolve to breathe in 2008.
    2. I resolve to read... something in 2008.
    3. I resolve to get my hair cut some time or other.
    4. I resolve to play my drums.
    5. I resolve to spend time on Intercot.

Don't think I have the fortitude to stick to these resolutions? Hah! Just you wait.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Friends -

I know that I normally don't post in the Just Questions thread....however, I also know that this is where most of the folks who supported me during my dark dark days hang out. So, I thought I would post a quick note to wish you all a very Happy New Year!!! and a BIG THANK YOU to each and every one of you who have been praying for me and my family. The good news is that healthwise I am doing much better and seem to be on the mend. I still am not at 100% as I don't have the energy that I once had, but I am not complaining. Every day that I can wake up, give my wife and girls a hug and kiss and tell them that I love them is a good day!!

I wish you all a very happy & prosperous new year! I hope to have the chance in the near future to meet you all. Until then, however, know what an important part of my healing you all have been!!

God Bless -

John (aka HndrdPrcnt)
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: