Quantcast Wall-E (Now on DVD) - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

DH and I saw WALL-E last night, and we LOVED it! We did a 9:40 showing, and the place was pretty packed, with only about 5 or 6 kids in the entire theater. It was so nice not to hear whining, screaming kids! The theater erupted in laughter many times, and got completely silent when, well, the inevitable sad things happened (won't spoil anything). Heard plenty of AAAAWWWWWWW's at all of the cute parts, too. The short was also hilarious. The theater went nuts during that.

I thought Pixar did an amazing job. Animation was the best I've ever seen, and they did a wonderful job giving the bots emotions with just the slightest eye movements and gestures. They were more human than most humans I know! WALL-E is a truly lovable character, and EVE is just too cool! I love the fact that such a wonderful story line could be told without an abundance of dialogue for much of the movie.

The fat people were obviously an exaggeration of true humans, but there was a statement there, and I thought it wasn't all too far from the truth. I won't get into anything here, but go to WDW (or anywhere for that matter), and just look around.....I can see where Pixar was going here. And, as far as the environmental statement....just watch TV. You are constantly bombarded with stories about the environment. Plenty of people on this board tout how they are so green, so why shouldn't Pixar/Disney bring up the point of how many others are not, and because of that, the earth was left unlivable? Again, it's an exaggeration, but for a valid point.

I can't wait to see it again before it leaves the theaters. This movie has heart, endearing characters, and a better plot than most movies being puked out by the movie companies these days. I actually teared up a couple times, but then again, I'm a real sap.

I have to say, I think Pixar gave me another favorite here. It ranks right at the top for me.

Thank you, Pixar, for a truly beautiful movie.

And, how can you not love M-O? He was awesome!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We saw it tonight and liked it alot

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't start here until next weekend. We'll be busy on Saturday, but first showing Sunday, we are so there!

What is the short about? Title? I love Pixar shorts!

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    What is the short about? Title? I love Pixar shorts!
    The short is titled Presto and is done in a fun Tex Avery/Tom & Jerry style.

Dignity. Poise. Mystery. We expect nothing less from the great, turn-of-the-century magician, Presto DiGiotagione. But, when Presto forgets to feed his rabbit one too many times, well, there’s really no telling what to expect!

This latest comical short film from Pixar Animation Studios follows the escalating high jinx of the amazing Presto, his rabbit Alec, and what happens onstage when a star magician’s ego provokes some clever revenge from his neglected costar.

Post Thanks / Like

loved Loved LOVED WallE!! DH asked DD17 & I if there was a movie we wanted to see last night and we both said "WallE!!" Such a sweet movie with many funny as well as touching moments. I also really liked the message in the movie. Max consumerism, self absorbtion, a "throw away" mentality and instant gratification are portrayed to show their downfalls. A very neat "green" message. I also found it hard not to cry during the sad moments (okay I did cry once ). The movie really has you pulling for WallE, Eve and even the humans
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

WALL-E was fantabulous. DS10 even got the message "It just takes one person to get it going, right Mom?". It sure does. It was beautiful both visually and emotionally. (How many gasped for air when Eve shut up???) Go see it!!!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed Wall-E. Don't think it is my favorite Pixar but it is so hard to pick a favorite and compare them. But I really have to hand it for Disney/Pixar for creating Wall-E. It is such a sweet love story with a message and not much dialogue. Kind of a risky move for an animated movie when you compare it to all of the previews and other typical kids movies that are out there.

And the short was absolutely great! Another great job by Pixar!
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by disneycutie165 View Post
    Wall-e has not seemed to have gotten the audience it expected! I went last night (opening night) and I was expecting for it to be sold out. But it wasn't! No offense to anyone who enjoyed it, but it was a little slow moving and not what I expected!
    You appear to be in the minority on this (not that that's a problem or anything ... tastes vary!), because Wall-E is on track to have the 3rd best opening for a Pixar film to date (it had a $23 million Friday opening and is likely to pull in about $60 million over the weekend) and it's garnering like a 96 on Rotten Tomatoes.

We're actually headed out to see it in 5 minutes or so, so I'll let you all know what I think.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I just got home ... I really, really enjoyed it. I thought it was an incredibly charming and entertaining film and very typical of Pixar's normal offerings.

A couple things that sort of jumped out at me, though. 700 years at a minimum since humans left Earth and there's still power? And the fluid in a Zippo is still good?

Those were a couple plot holes big enough to drive a truck through!

Forgot to mention ... the music they played (I think it's from Hello, Dolly?) kept making me pine for Main Street, because it's part of the BGM they play.

Also, was that Peter Gabriel singing over the closing credits?
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We just got home to- DS18 and I went to see it this afternoon and we both loved it!

Yes, that was Peter Gabriel singing during the end credits.

And, I agree about those small issues (Zippo, power, etc.) but I can happily overlook them and go with the flow.

Loved the messages- and I did not think they were preachy at all- just observant.
    Makes me want to get on the treadmill.... right now!!

Loved hearing John Ratzenberger's voice! Plus Kathy Najimy, Sigourney Weaver and Fred Willard.

The theater where we saw it was full of kids- and they were having a great time. Lots of laughter and lots of "aawwws," although I did hear some parents trying to explain it to their 4 years olds on the way out.

The Presto short at the beginning was very funny- we enjoyed that as well.

Lots of fun- I hope it does very, very well.
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    And the fluid in a Zippo is still good?
    You know what, the zippo bothered me for other reasons that I had forgot to mention... They used it a lot and it became one of their "love" symbols. Now I'm usually part of the "lighten up" crowd, but it's a proven fact that children are attracted to matches/lighters as it is. Did that really have to be featured so prominently in a children's movie?

Oh, and the song is "Put On Your Sunday Clothes" from "Hello,Dolly!" and is indeed in the Main St. loop
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    You know what, the zippo bothered me for other reasons that I had forgot to mention... They used it a lot and it became one of their "love" symbols. Now I'm usually part of the "lighten up" crowd, but it's a proven fact that children are attracted to matches/lighters as it is. Did that really have to be featured so prominently in a children's movie?
    I haven't ever read the study linking children and matches/lighters -- but the Zippo didn't bother me at all and it didn't occur to me that the lighter fluid would probably wouldn't still be usable.

I doubt there will be a bigger trend towards kids playing with lighters from this movie. Surely Disney considered that ... I am sure that everything in their movies is nitpicked by the legal department, but as always Disney can't please everyone.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    I haven't ever read the study linking children and matches/lighters -- but the Zippo didn't bother me at all and it didn't occur to me that the lighter fluid would probably wouldn't still be usable.

I doubt there will be a bigger trend towards kids playing with lighters from this movie. Surely Disney considered that ...
    I worked as a camp counselor for 8 years at a summer day camp in the inner city. Every year we had to do fire prevention plays and fire safety camps. The number of fires started and accidents caused by children who play with matches and lighters is surprising. Why do you think most lighters nowadays have child safety mechanisms? You don't think it might cross a few little minds next time they see Uncle Joe lighting a cigarette that "Hey, thats what Wall-E used!" and then gain an interest in playing with it themselves once he puts it down if they don't know any better? There was no indication in the movie that fire is bad, in fact it was portrayed as a beautiful, moving moment. Like I said, I'm usually pretty chill about these things, and at first I even forgot about it.
    I'm certainly not saying the movie is going to cause a huge increase in children playing with lighters, but children are very impressionable and attracted to things they shouldn't be (swallowing toys, bleach, etc), and I don't think it was as thoroughly thought through as you do. That's all.

but as always Disney can't please everyone.
    Not sure how to take this or why it was necessary? I'm really not trying to nitpick.... I did say it was one of my favorite Pixar films...
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Not sure how to take this or why it was necessary? I'm really not trying to nitpick.... I did say it was one of my favorite Pixar films...
    Yes, you did say that it was one of your favorite films, but it's also clear that as was evident in your post, and other posts in the thread, everyone nit picks. It's part of human nature and the fact that everyone has their own passionate view of what Disney should be. I stand behind what I said, Disney can't please everyone.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

We really liked WALL-E. We saw it Saturday morning at 10am. It wasn't packed, but it was the busiest we've seen the first show of a movie in the morning in a while (we've gotten into the habit of going on weekend mornings; at $4 a ticket it's worth getting there when they open.)

I really enjoyed the short, Presto. I think it is the best short they've done.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I saw it last night with DD 18 and her DBF 19 and we all really enjoyed it!
    I have to say that I enjoyed seeing Fred Willard but found it a little jarring to go from such pure beautiful animation to real people. The musical and the reports from BnL advanced the story I understand that but I found it a little odd to have the real actors in it. Anyone else feel the same?
    ~~Allison~~ °O°
    Snarky will miss VMK!!!

Happy DVC BWV owner since 1998!!
    PoTC: Rusty Saber, a Proud Seafury!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

We saw it Friday night and everybody in our family loved it! I haven't decided yet if it's my favorite Pixar, but it's probably at least top 3 or 4. It's getting harder, and harder to pick a favorite Pixar because they keep making such awesome movies. One critic here in Atlanta even suggested that Wall*E should be nominated for best picture, and I think I agree with him. Probably the best movie I've seen this year. My DS 7 is beggin to go see it again.
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

If you enjoyed the Pixar short Presto that appeared before Wall-E, you can now find it available for purchase on the iTunes store under Movies for $1.99

Post Thanks / Like

Default WALL-E for Best Picture?

It seems there is a quiet yet strong campaign going to promote WALL-E for the Best Picture Oscar and that isn't coming for Disney/Pixar. USA Today has an article about New York Magazine and Hollywood trade papers starting to create buzz about WALL-E being a Best Picture candidate. While I have not seen it yet, I have heard from people who have saying it is a FANTASTIC film and exceeded all their expectations.

Post Thanks / Like

1) With the amount of animations, it should be a nominee.
    2) I thought it was a good movie.
    3) Oscar?
    4) I didn't think it was that great.

NOTE: I recommend the movie. But, like Indiana Jones #4, although a fun flick, I didn't think Best Movie Oscar material.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: