Quantcast Wall-E (Now on DVD) - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Mufasa! I am really looking forward to this movie ... and the Pixar short is that bonus that gets me more excited!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wall-E

This movie looks like a very good movie to see
    What do you think
    i love Disney!

Post Thanks / Like

Pixar tends to turn out strong offerings, so I will be interested to see this one as well
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

The more I see about this movie, the more I can't wait for it! I love it when big Disney/Pixar movies come out in the summer. It's a great family day after school vacation starts. And, of course, it really gets us in the mood for our trip!
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

Wall-E had it's world premiere here in Los Angeles at the Greek Theater in Griffith Park and there was quite a turnout for the event.

The real-life animatronic Wall-E made an appearance on the red carpet, and it was great to see the Pixar crew like John Lasseter (who had on this really great Wall-E shirt for the occasion), Ed Catmull and Andrew Stanton and then some unexpected guests like the real Buzz- Buzz Aldrin for the premiere which was great.

The film runs about an hour and 38 minutes and nobody wanted to leave even after the end credits has rolled (and in Pixar style, even the end credits are cool).

Again, I can't say enough about the beautiful animation and Wall-E has easily become my favorite Pixar film of them all.

Before the film you'll also get treated to the Pixar short Presto- really funny and in an even more Tom & Jerry style of animation and comedy than is typical for Pixar shorts and nationwide you should also catch a preview of Disney's fall release Bolt.

If you really love the short, then in the US and Canada, you should be able to purchase and download a copy of Presto in early July from the iTunes movie store.

There are a number of sneak preview showings of Wall-E actually starting this week- quite a few scheduled tomorrow, but the majority of them are already completely full.

Post Thanks / Like

Mufasa ~ Very exciting to hear that Wall-E has become your favorite Pixar movie!

I say a review of it today and it just made me even more excited. Can't wait for next weekend. I've been excited about this one since I saw the first promo.....Wall-E is just so cute!
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

I am SO excited to see this movie. Since I have a new management job at an IT company, I have organized to take my entire floor to the opening day on Friday... it's about 120 of us! Should be fun, and the company is paying!

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait. I really feel that I'm going to love it. The soundtrack is great.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on my way to the movie theater to see it now!!!
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to see the movie tonight. Really looking forward to it. Funny thing is the theater I am going to see it at is literally less than 1 mile from the Pixar Studios as the crow flies and 1.3 miles if you were to drive (actually i'll probably drive right by pixar on my way to the theater).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Eh.

This is the first Pixar movie I can remember that I just can't get excited for. The entire premise seems fairly pointless and ... well ... sort of offensive if you ask me.
    Well, we just saw the movie and Ian took the word right out of my mouth...eh. The kids liked it - the wife and I did not.
    1995 - Grand Floridian (Honeymoon)
    1997 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    1998 - All-Star Music
    2005 - All-Star Music & Movies
    2006 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I had no interest in seeing this movie but some of my family members saw a screening today. My mom said it was bearable with a few funny parts but she's seen better. My brother liked it too. They told my the plot, doesn't sound like the best thing Pixar's put out.

Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

I loved the movie and all of the people I went with (100 adults) all thought it was great. The animation was stupendous, and the fat humans were absolutely hysterical -- there were lots of messages, but I thought it was really well done! I can't wait to buy this film! I was particularly impressed that all of the kids in the audience were really engaged, even without lots of dialogue in the movie.

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

While I don't think it's Pixar's best film, I did truly enjoy watching it. The computer animation is absolutely amazing and they did such a wonderful job at conveying the story with limited dialogue. I heard kids laughing out loud just as much as I heard adults, so I think it catered to a wide audience. And it certainly had several good messages. It's one movie I'll be buying when it comes out on DVD.
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Post Thanks / Like

I saw Wall-E tonight. I liked it, but not as much as I hoped I would. For me, it doesn't come close to Toy Story, Monsters Inc., Nemo or Cars.

I'd be much happier if Disney and Pixar would keep political statements of any kind out of their movies.

Post Thanks / Like

I returned from the movie and while it was cute, and the best character that Pixar has created, it wasn't the best for me. Nothing has been able to hold a candle, IMHO, to the Toy Story movies, especially the first. I would rank this with A Bug's Life in the world of Pixar, but I haven't really enjoyed anything except Nemo since Monster's Inc. In fact, I haven't even seen Ratatoulle.

Anywho, I liked the movie, and it did hold my attention. The kids in the theater were so cute (I was tolerant of the noise since I came back from a Disney Cruise yesterday), but the fat woman next to me (reminded me of the people in fact.. even the way she sat.. a perfect match!), was giving us all a very loud play-by-play of the movie, which maybe had something to do with my enjoyment level.

I would recommend Wall*E to anyone though, even though small children may not be as interested. I heard a lot of "What happened mommy? What is that mommy?"
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Well, put me in the column of LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT!!!!!!!
    The animation was simply amazing. Everything looked so real. Some people will definitely be offended by the human portrayal but the heart of this movie is the love story between lonely WALL-E and the sleek and shiny EVE. WALL-E is so expressive. It's amazing how much story was conveyed with nearly no words for the majority of the movie. I also loved his obsession with "Hello, Dolly!" and his pack rat nature. Very cute.
    Our audience was made up mostly of adults. Everyone was laughing and "awww"ing throughout the entire movie. There was only one thing that I think could've been expanded upon, and that is the other "broken" robots. They were so funny, I wanted to see more of them.

The short was also absolutely hysterical.
    I definitely rank this movie highly. Just for the record though, my absolute least favorite Pixar movies are Cars and Bug's Life. Haven't seen them since the first go-round.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Wmsbrg, VA (12 hours & 22 minutes from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wall-e Crashes!

Wall-e has not seemed to have gotten the audience it expected! I went last night (opening night) and I was expecting for it to be sold out. But it wasn't! No offense to anyone who enjoyed it, but it was a little slow moving and not what I expected!

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was also a little slow. It was a cute movie but not any where near toy story, cars, nemo and so on. My 4 year old nephew liked though so that's all that matters I guess.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneycutie165 View Post
    Wall-e has not seemed to have gotten the audience it expected! I went last night (opening night) and I was expecting for it to be sold out. But it wasn't!
    Your experience based on a particular showing at your local movie theater certainly does not reflect the nationwide box office numbers.

Wall-E is well on track to be Pixar's biggest opening weekend. The early estimates for Friday's take was $23.3 million which would make it Pixar's biggest opening day so when the final totals come in for the weekend we could be looking at something around $70 million.

Depends on just how much of an attendance increase there will be today- if it has a modest increase like Ratatouille that probably means the final numbers would be around $66 million. If it follows more like Cars, it would put it right around $70 million and if it has a strong weekend push like Nemo then we'd have an $80 million opening weekend.

Those are some great numbers and the real measure will be the final box office numbers over the next few months.

The real surprise of this weekend actually has to be the box office figures for Wanted... those are way above what I think anyone could have predicted, but still should be second to Wall-E.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: