Quantcast Just Questions... Should There Be A Question Here? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    Di, it's soooo good to see you posting again. You've been thought of and missed, my friend (in fact, I was thinking about you yesterday). Why do you have to get up at 5:00 am on New Year's Day??

Di, are you related to Paula Deen? On the Iron Chef Christmas Special she made chocolate cheese fudge too but I don't think it included Velveeta, but who knows.
    Either you misread my words, or I didn't word myself correctly.. I am getting up at 5am on New Year's EVE day to go to work. So I'll be too pooped to party that night...

I WISH I was related to Paula! Man! Can she cook! Actually it is her recipe. Anyone want it? I'd be more than glad to share!

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    I got after Gilles because he's watching TV, figuring I'm going to be doing all the packing...NOT!!

Welcome back, Diane!!! It's really great seeing you again!!!

Does anyone want to help me pack?
    What is it with men and watching TV while their wives slave in the house? Mine is so guilty of that... he'll even be lying in bed watching tv while I am folding laundry ON THE BED... not once offering to help...

Thanks for the welcome back... still not fully myself.. but I'm fighting thru.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to help you pack! Can you call my office and get me out of work?

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    Is anyone else cold? It's a rainy, cool morning here and I was silly enough to go out in it to go shopping. Couple that with a scratchy throat and a weird little cough, and I'm cold!
    I'm freezing. It's warmer outside than it is inside our office building. Hope your scratchy throat and weird cough both go away!

Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    Where are we? Am I here?
    Where are we? Why are any of us here? Are we really here? Or are we actually over there?

For the camera point and click and learn the details later!!! It always works for me!!!
    That is exactly what I was gonna tell her! Isn't that how a camera works anyway?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to help you pack! Can you call my office and get me out of work?

That is exactly what I was gonna tell her! Isn't that how a camera works anyway?
    Do you think they'll except that you NEED to go to Canada to help me pack? I actually have 2 more boxes of fabric packed, a BIG garbage bag of fabric I'm taking to work to see if the staff wants any before it goes to Goodwill and a half-way happy DH because he didn't have to help, except taking the bag down to the car for me. So that makes 4 boxes of fabric with about 4 more boxes to go, and that'll be all the fabric, then it'll be scrapbooking and stamping stuff. I'll probably pack the Christmas/Hanukkah stuff on Saturday. As I was packing, I asked Gilles where are we going to store all the boxes and he had a scared look on his face!!! We might have to wait until the very end to pack a lt of the stuff.

Diane, great minds do think alike, don't they?

Do you think we should join Christine to try to help her enjoy her trip even more?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

I have lots of big sturdy boxes if you want them Carol! Lots of my Christmas shopping was online, so the UPS guy knows me by now!

So what is everyone doing today? Me? Absolutely NOTHING and loving every minute of it! Tomorrow we may try to take in a movie - the kids all want to see Enchanted.

DD5 is playing with her new remote control VW bug car, and terrorizing the cats! Watch the kitties fly! They are finally learning to get up on something where they won't get "run over"! Sure hope she's a better driver when she's 16!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to do your laundry as long as you have the washer and dryer in your place and not a coined operated laundry. That's the one thing I'm looking forward to in the new house!!
    It's a compromise... it's a coin laundry but in my building, so it's only a short elevator ride away. I'd LOVE to have a machine in my place... that's why I enjoy doing laundry at WDW so much and tend to book 1 bdrm DVC villas even if it's only me and Ben.

As I was packing, I asked Gilles where are we going to store all the boxes and he had a scared look on his face!!! We might have to wait until the very end to pack a lt of the stuff.
    The last time I moved was from a one bedroom on the third floor of this building down to a two bedroom on the first floor. It was great being able to throw things into Ben's stroller and just bring it downstairs. The disadvantage is that "real packing" gives you the chance to cull out what you really no longer need.

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    DD5 is playing with her new remote control VW bug car, and terrorizing the cats! Watch the kitties fly! They are finally learning to get up on something where they won't get "run over"! Sure hope she's a better driver when she's 16!
    She's getting training for the Cars Motors Action show (is that what it's called?) over at DHS... she'll be a shoe-in if she gets picked! Time to start planning a trip!

What's for dinner tonight, folks?
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

It's a compromise... it's a coin laundry but in my building, so it's only a short elevator ride away. I'd LOVE to have a machine in my place... that's why I enjoy doing laundry at WDW so much and tend to book 1 bdrm DVC villas even if it's only me and Ben.

The last time I moved was from a one bedroom on the third floor of this building down to a two bedroom on the first floor. It was great being able to throw things into Ben's stroller and just bring it downstairs. The disadvantage is that "real packing" gives you the chance to cull out what you really no longer need.

The one thing I'm looking forward to in the new house is the laundry room!!! I hate using the laundry room in our apartment building. You never know if your getting a working washer or dryer. and you have to fight people to get a washer or dryer. They have a limit of how many washers and dryers you can use and everyone ignores the rule.

I figure I'm getting rid of a lot of things. Gilles and I both are pack rats, so I figure if I throw things out, he'll have to also. So I've gotten rid of some fabric I'll never use, but I do have a problem with my cottons. Clothes will be easy for me to discard..most of them don't fit and they are mostly skirts, which I don't wear because I'm either digging under tables or climbing on ladders at work and skirts just don't cut it!!

We're doing munchies..Gilles made some black olive hummus, we bought some artichoke/cheese dip and other munchies, along with the wine one of the doctors gilles works with gave him for Christmas.

How was everyone's day today?

Blythe, how's the pink eye doing? Do we need to send Pogo over to make sure your taking your meds?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Hope your scratchy throat and weird cough both go away!
    Thanks! They haven't gone away yet, and they've now been joined by a slight fever. Does that excuse me from doing all the stuff that I intended to do while I'm off this week?

We went out for Tex-Mex.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

For the camera point and click and learn the details later!!! It always works for me!!!
    Never got around to figuring out the camera yet, but I DID try out the new Keurig coffee brewer (one cup at a time)! Next I'm moving on to ipod accessories!

I figure I'm getting rid of a lot of things. Gilles and I both are pack rats, so I figure if I throw things out, he'll have to also.
    That is DH and I as well. We have been in this house over 9 years, and since its larger, it just holds more stuff!! I hate to think what it will be like when we decide to move!

We are hoping to go to Enchanted tomorrow, but there is a heavy snow advisory starting tomorrow AM, so we will see. I want to make sure we can actually get back up our hill!

Anybody want any honey glazed ham??? We have about 7 pounds left over! I guess I need to find a few more recipes for leftover ham!

Blythe, are you working tonight?

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody want any honey glazed ham??? We have about 7 pounds left over! I guess I need to find a few more recipes for leftover ham!
    Let's see... there's ham and eggs, ham fritters, ham sandwiches, deviled ham, grilled ham and cheese sammies, pea soup with ham, jambalaya with chicken and ham, cheese and ham scones, Hawaiian pizza ... you could become the Bubba Gump of Ham!

Bethany (BronxTigger), Ben and I had dinner with the King (Burger King) after a trip to the Commissary located in the army base near my house. What a supermarket!

Anyone else watch Futurama? We're so sad it's coming to the end of its run.

Night all!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Today's plus for 2007 is that my mother underwent her two knee surgeries and back surgery all in the same year and seems to be recovering pretty well.

What happened to that loong holiday weekend? Back to work today.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post

Today's plus for 2007 is that my mother underwent her two knee surgeries and back surgery all in the same year and seems to be recovering pretty well.

What happened to that loong holiday weekend? Back to work today.
    There was a loong holiday weekend? Hummm, I missed it somewhere!!!

My plus for 2007, we purchased a house and are waiting to move in.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Did everybody have a wonderful Christmas?

I just want to let everybody know I landed safely in New York yesterday afternoon after a long 12 1/2-hour flight from Tel Aviv.

The trip was absolutely incredible, and I strongly recommend anybody with Jewish roots between the ages of 18 and 26 take a Birthright trip. Even for non-Jews, Israel is truly an unbelievable country worth visiting. I felt a real cultural, if not religious, awakening, especially in Jerusalem.

Definitely the best part of the experience was when the group was joined by eight Israeli soldiers, most of which still in their teenage years. These kids are fascinating, and the Americans inundated them with questions until the day they returned to their bases. We were even invited to one of the soldier's houses for his discharge party, as he finished his three years of mandatory service this week.

Anyway, I'll talk to everyone later.

The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Chocolate Cheese Fudge is just that.. it's chocolate fudge that uses Velveeta cheese in the recipe! (I saw you make that look.. don't knock it until you try it!)
    I still can't get over that chili spaghetti thing, now you give me this???

Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday.
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Jared. We missed you. Glad you had a wonderful time. How's the jet lag?
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

pogo Guest

Good morning all.... I hope everyone slept well.

Has anybody noticed Diane's new signiture line ?

I love it Diane !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post

Mine would be meeting some of my "JQ" family at WDW and Niagara Falls. It was like a family reunion, with out the fighting !
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Definitely the best part of the experience was when the group was joined by eight Israeli soldiers, most of which still in their teenage years. These kids are fascinating, and the Americans inundated them with questions until the day they returned to their bases. We were even invited to one of the soldier's houses for his discharge party, as he finished his three years of mandatory service this week.
    Hhhmmmmm....... this is interesting. Madatory service ?? I think everyone should have to do this. I gave four years of my life in service to my country and I do not regret it. Are you planning on enlisting ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alpro2 View Post
    I still can't get over that chili spaghetti thing, now you give me this???

Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday.
    Are you asking what's next?

Happy holidays everyone.

I'm more then thankful for most of 2007 as it's ending with my family, healthy and happy and it doesn't get better then that.

I have coffee but I'll just leave it here since I'm not around much.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Hhhmmmmm....... this is interesting. Madatory service ?? I think everyone should have to do this. I gave four years of my life in service to my country and I do not regret it. Are you planning on enlisting ?
    All Israeli citizens are required to enlist in the military after high school. Men serve three years, women serve two. The Orthodox are exempt, to the disdain of the non-religious majority.

Do any other countries have mandatory service?
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all!
    I've had a great Christmas! I hope you have enjoyed your holiday as much I have.
    Gage made out like a bandit. He head no idea what was going on, but he liked it. He got a [I]Chicken Dance Elmo/I], giant Elmo plush toy, and an Elmo chair that giggles when he sits in it. A Little Tykes car, helicopter, dump truck, 3 ride on-push toys, DVDs, 3 pair pajamas, a train, a dump truck that is filled with different shaped blocks, a train engine that runs on batteies and spits out balls, books, a giraffe puppet and a mountain goat puppet that sings when you open its mouth, a baby flip phone, and a first computer, a large ball, a baby Mickey, two Tiggers that do different things, a plush Pooh, and about thirty books.
    Amy got a ring from Dustin. She says it is a promise ring and they have set the date for October 2010.
    Dustin seems like a great guy. So I'll count this as a blessing.
    Laura , my oldest - Gage's mom, has hopefully decided to go on to become a nurse. God gave her a gifted mind, I've always hoped she's use it to benefit her fellow man. Her decision was probably my favorite gift of Christmas.

Did I ramble too much? if so, I'm sorry. I love you all on the JQ and I feel you are a part of my family. I hope you all have felt the warm glow of the season as much as I have.

Jared, I am so glad you have made your journey safely and that it has been such a blessing in your life.

Blythe, this board has also become a great part of my life.

Pogo, aren't those hugs from your grandchildren the best!

Jenn, I don't see how you cook for the troops for 3 nights. I was worn out just cooking for the army for one night and then having my sister and her family over for leftovers!

Carol, I would come help pack--- but I'm Going to Disneyworld!! I wish!

Scott and Jasper, I hope you both feel better soon!

Rhonda, Thanks for sharing! You are a sweetheart!

Ken, thanks for seeing us through another year of JQ!

T&G, I hope you enjoyed your white Christmas! Did your girls have a snowball fight?
    My girls got a doll in a remote control walker once! Oh, wht fun it was to buzz the kitty!

Jym and Rachel, I'll keep you all in my prayers for a safe and healthy pregnancy. I am so excited for you!

Ellen, I hope you and Ben had a wonderful holiday. Your duck dinner sounded fantastic!

Diane, It is good to see you are able to post again!
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all!! I'm not even going to try to answer all the posts I missed... it's been hard to keep up the past few days!! But I'm happy to hear that everyone seems to be doing well and surviving the re-entry into reality after the holiday!! I have to say, though, it sure is tough trying to figure out all the new gadgets in a timely fashion!! Seems everything my girls got needs batteries and a "how-to" class!!

Have you guys been reading Christine's trip reports?? They're awesome... Disney's sure gone out of their way for her family, and it's so nice to hear that. Makes me want to go back so badly, though...

What's everyone up to today? The girls and I are just staying put and playing with all their new stuff... we watched one of their new movies this morning, and we'll see how many new games we can try out later! We ran around a fair amount yesterday - we went to see "The Waterhorse", which I highly recommend... a definite tear jerker, but a happy ending, too. It was adorable. We also had a few returns/exchanges to do, and I came out of it well - I needed to exchange a Disney shirt I'd bought, and they had some of their Home Accessories on clearance - so I got a Mickey Cheeseboard, spreaders and Mickey napkin holder, all for almost no $$!! Yeah!!

Our pink eye seems to be almost gone, but now everyone's got the sniffles... luckily, I only have to work 7p-11p tonight, so I'll be able to sleep... I was uncharacteristically (boy, is that a long word to type!!) tired last night and slept later than usual this morning... but based on how I felt when I woke up, now I know why! So, I'm taking my echinacea and Vit. C, and hoping to keep things from getting any worse!!

Have a great day, everyone - I'm sure I'll be back on later!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    I was uncharacteristically (boy, is that a long word to type!!) tired last night and slept later than usual this morning... but based on how I felt when I woke up, now I know why! So, I'm taking my echinacea and Vit. C, and hoping to keep things from getting any worse!!
    I'm right there with you, Blythe. I could tell yesterday that I was getting a cold - today I can hardly move! I'm just totally zapped! We hoped to go to see Enchanted today, but we will see.
    Its snowing - very lightly right now. Its supposed to get significantly heavier in the next hour or two - and the hills (where we are) could get 5-6 inches - quite a bit for us.
    Do you realize that the snowfall we had on Christmas was the first measurable snow on Christmas in 70 years?? Hmmm, don't remember that last one! NOW you know why it was soooo exciting!

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Do any other countries have mandatory service?
    I don't know. How could we find that out ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Have you guys been reading Christine's trip reports?? They're awesome... Disney's sure gone out of their way for her family, and it's so nice to hear that. Makes me want to go back so badly, though.
    You better just hold off until December as planned.

I started getting the urge to go in April again. Air Tran sent me an email with a two day Florida sale and we could fly in April for only $374 R/T for both. If we went in Apiril we would not go in December. Make sense ??

Do you realize that the snowfall we had on Christmas was the first measurable snow on Christmas in 70 years?? Hmmm, don't remember that last one!
    Why not ?? Is your memory that bad ?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: