Quantcast That's a wrap!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: That's a wrap!

Post Thanks / Like

Default That's a wrap!

We are here now getting ready to head back the "real world." It's was a really good quick trip (Sat -Tues) I guess in part to us just going with the flow. The crowds WERE a lot bigger this year as has been discussed, but lines were not that bad. It was like everyone was just walking around the parks and not riding anything. There was a huge line for the early candlelight processional on Saturday and the entire ampitheatre was already at capacity...no chance at getting in that performance, so I ended up at MK with my oldest daughter to see the Dream Lights on the castle. A big storm was moving in so they only did the part of the show were the Fairy Godmother lights it up with a Bibbity Bobbity Boo! The storm bypassed MK but we ducked into Phiharmagic anyway.

I wasn't planning on writing a trip report here so let me wrap with this. We got a chance to ride SE and as we got off the CM's quickly closed it because the pharoah's hand holding the staff had fallen off. I wish I had had my camera that day.
    ~Tripp West
    Dream CMO Top 3!

1977, 1983, 1986, 1989, 1993, 1996, 2000, 2005, 2006,
    DVC Trips
    12/2006(SSR), 2/2007(OKW),9/2007(OKW),12/07 (ASM-Got a great AP Discount),3/08 (BWV)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy_D_DooDah View Post

I wasn't planning on writing a trip report here so let me wrap with this. We got a chance to ride SE and as we got off the CM's quickly closed it because the pharoah's hand holding the staff had fallen off. I wish I had had my camera that day.
    Oh my God....I laughed when I read this! From the you Tube videos it looks like the AA are on speed so I can imagine the hand whipped across the scene when it did fall off! I've heard of off with your head, but never off with your hand.....
    1988,97,98*,99, 2000,01*,02*,04*,05*,07,08*,09,11,12*,13*'14*,15&, 16*,17(*=2x that year &=3x) on site WDW
    Next trip to WDW: Planning October 2017 and beyond! I love my AP!
    1991 DL 1993 DL Paris
    "If we can dream it, we can do it"
    "The harder I work, the luckier I get"

Post Thanks / Like

We went in September and noticed similar crowds as you. The parks seemed crowded, but we never waited longer than 10-15 for rides. It seemed like everyone was just walking around.
    Dec 08 SSR & first trip at holidays!
    Jan/Feb 09 Girl's only weekend with McGoofy!
    Sept 09 bounceback free dining again!

"I just want to live happily ever after every now and then." Jimmy Buffett

Post Thanks / Like

We were there the week of Halloween and like you, I thought it was pretty crowded, but the waits on the rides were not very long at all. The MNSSHP was a madhouse, but we still pretty much walked on all the rides. I guess people are going but not riding most of the time, just enjoying the sites and sounds.
    LIZ
    Disneyland-Too many times to count
    WDW
    APRIL 2005 - Offsite
    DECEMBER 2006 - Fort Wilderness
    OCTOBER 2007-Saratoga Springs Resort
    SEPTEMBER 2009-OKW

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: