Quantcast Dec DL Adeventure - Intro & Day 1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dec DL Adeventure - Intro & Day 1

Intro: This is my first trip report. I decided to write one because I found the other trip reports so helpful in planning my trip since there is less DLR info than WDW info here at Intercot. So here it goes

Cast: Me - 25 (Disney-nut)
    DH - 27 (not a Disney-nut and first trip to DL)

Background: DH won free air tickets at work and DMiL offered us some of her timeshare time because they wouldn't be able to use all of their points this year. So we were able to do a "budget" trip with free airfare and accommodations. We stayed at Dolphin's Cove Fairfield Resort...right off of Harbor Blvd on Orangewood. It was certainly nice enough and very close (not quite walking distance).

We decided on DL as our destination for two reasons: We wanted to see HM Holiday and I thought DH would really appreciate Disney after visiting Disneyland!

Day 1: We had an early flight on Saturday morning so we arrived at the Orange County Airport around 10 am. We got a rental car and were to the resort by 11 am. We stopped to see if we could possibly check-in or store our luggage no such luck so we headed to DL. Parked in the Timon lot and were on our way!

Our first stop was the Disneyland: First 50 Years exhibit and movie. DH was reluctant to spend time watching a movie and looking at the exhibit but I convinced him that it would be good. We both really enjoyed it and it set the stage for the trip. DH kept saying things like "this is an original ride or this has changed since 1955"....I was so proud

We then proceeded to Tomorrowland to get Space Mtn FPs and watch the ASIMO show at Innoventions. This was one of our favorites of the whole trip. It really is remarkable how much the robot can do and very cool that he is at DL!

We headed to the other side of the park where it seemed to be much less crowded. We had gumbo from the Royal Street Veranda which was quite good. Next we headed to Critter Country and stopped to do the Davy Crockett Canoes on our way. I really enjoyed this even though there isn't much too it (maybe because they aren't available at WDW). We then rode Splash and Pooh before using fastpasses at HM Holiday. All we had to say was "Wow". The stretching room is incredible and we throughly enjoyed the whole attraction. It is amazing how much work they put into the transformation.

It was finally time for our Space FPs so we headed that way before taking a break to go check-in at the resort. Space Mtn was another "Wow" moment for us. I was amazed at how smooth the ride was and how much the soundtrack adds to the ride! Hopefully, they will upgrade WDW's in a similar fashion.

After getting back from the resort we had about a half hour before we could check-in for our Fantasmic! priority seating so we wandered through Adventureland and Tarzan's Treehouse. We were in line for the Fantasmic! PS by 7 and there were several people in front of us. We were still able to get seats in the center stage section just 3rd row. After we checked in, we rode Pirates and looked around New Orleans. We thought it was fun that we could look into Club 33 because the line was out the door. I think there were a lot of "special" people in the park because of the Candlelight Processional.

We returned to our Fantasmic! seats a little before 8:30 so we could enjoy our hot chocolate and desserts. There was a dessert buffet set up instead of dessert boxes. I actually liked this better so I pick out the desserts I wanted. I won't say how many Mickey crispy treats and strawberries I had, but these are my two favorite Disney treats so I was quite happy. About 10 min before the show started the people in front of us showed up and they were tall so I asked the cast member if we could stand up during the show. He said we could be he had a better idea. He rearranged our seats so we were behind kids. We had a perfect view! DH doesn't like Fantasmic! near as much as I do but he was glad we did the priority seating as we enjoyed being treated like VIPs. We stayed in our seats for the fireworks and had a good view. They have both the music and "snow" in this area so I thought it was a good place to watch and nice to have seats.

At this point we were pretty tired so we rode Indy and headed back to the resort. We had a great first day!
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That was neat that you introduced your DH to Disneyland by starting off with the 50 year presentation. Sounds like the beginning of a great trip.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Very informative. I guess your DH surprised you. Thank you for taking time to make a trip report Lacy I look forward to the next report.
    ~~Have a Disney Day~~
    șoș WDW 9-83, 9-84, 9-88, 9-93, 5-94, 5-95, 5-96, 9-99, 9-07
    șoș TDL 6-83, 9-91
    șoș DLR many, many

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting! Can't wait to meet more of your "convert the DH" trip!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for reporting, and especially on the Fantasmic! seating. Great first day! Can't wait to read more about your DH's reactions.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow really sounds like a great first day! can't wait to go, 12 more days! I hope your husband will catch the Disney-bug too
    DLP:
    Dec. 1992 - May 1994 - Dec. 1997
    October 1999 - October 2003 - June 2004
    July 2006 - October 2006 - October 2007
    Going November 2008

WDW:
    Dec. 2003- Dec. 2005- November/Dec. 2006
    Dec./January 2007
    Going June 2008

DLR:
    Dec. 2006 - Dec. 2007
    Going July 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like Disneyland is working its magic on your hubby. What a wonderful first day! Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great first day. You lucked out on the Fantasmic dessert buffet - that's the way it used to be on the Disney Gallery balcony. The Mickey rice krispie treats and strawberries are my favorites, too!

Thanks for sharing!

WDW:
    1991 (offsite)
    2001 (POR)
    2005 (POFQ)
    2006 (1 day trip to Epcot)
    2010 (POFQ)
    2014 (offsite DTD/Epcot)
    2014 (Holiday trip - Beach Club)
    DL:
    1990 (offsite)
    2003 (Paradise Pier)