Quantcast F.W. Magic Disappearing ??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Southern New Jersey ( only 1024 miles away )
    Post Thanks / Like

Default F.W. Magic Disappearing ??

I never thought I would say these words.. BUT is the Magic of Ft. Wilderness disappearing. We recently returned from a 9 night stay at the Fort. We stayed in the 200 loop.. Guess what, we had pets in our loop.. Security said the guests had " special permission " from the front desk.. How do you receive special permission in a non pet loop ???. Campers were washing their motorhomes in the campsites.. especially the one next to us that flooded our campsite.. security watched and said nothing, Campers had blazing fires in the outside grille and again security watched and said NOTHING.. This trip was a BIG disappointment.. We can not believe that Disney is allowing this kind of RULE breaking to go on.. Rules are for the safety and comfort of the campers.. BUT I guess If you know someone you can get special permission to do just about anything and disregard the rules.. We will seriously think about going back again next November for our yearly vacation.. Maybe it's time to visit another theme park.. Maybe they uphold the rules...
    1973,76,78,79,81,82 Off Site
    1994,96,97- ASSP
    1996,97- CBR
    1998- DCL-MAGIC (HONEYMOON)
    1999- ASMV
    2004- DCL-WONDER
    2005- CSR
    2002,03,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13, 14 F.W.
    2008-DCL WONDER (Double Dip)
    2010 DCL WONDER
    2013 DCL DREAM
    ș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Next Trip: F.W. December 2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you expressed your concerns to a manager at checkout. No one (that I know of) cares more about guest satisfaction than Disney. I have seen countless procedures and policies changed as a result of guests comments.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

I wondered the same thing after our last trip back in Feb. They had a church group that took up 3 sites on our loop, and were having services each evening in one of the sites. Also, a huge group of kids (100 or so) stayed on our loop, and just ran wild the entire time. They had scavenger hunts, and were going through people's sites None of the parents with them did anything to control them. I informed the front desk of this, but nothing happened. I hope that all of this is not a sign of things to come at our beloved FW.
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

We always wash our 5th wheel at least once when we camp at FW. It gets filthy on the trip from Illinois. We are mindful of our neighbors, and would never flood their site! It sounds to me like FW is really not to blame, but other rude guests. Where were the parents (or adults) in charge of those kids running wild? Seems to me that the rudeness we experience in the 'real' world is spilling over to DW overall. People (not all people) are rude. They feel that they should be first, their kid is special, the rules do not apply to them. You see these people everyday at your local grocery store, library or even your job. And like the real world, those of us who follow the rules suffer. We are going to FW at the end of December, hopefully we will not encounter the same issues as you. Maybe they should put all the 'rule breakers' in a loop together!
    1987-off site (Honeymoon)
    1992-off site (5/3 yr. old)
    1995/97/99 FW
    2000-WL
    2001/02/03 -FW
    2005-FW
    2008-FW(still camping w/the kids)
    2009-WL (No Kids!)
    2011-WL
    2012-WL (25th Anniv)
    2015-POFQ
    2017-30th Anniv trip w/kids & grandkids! MK for a day!
    2018-FW in OCT! (camping with MOOSE)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinaAndGlenn View Post
    We always wash our 5th wheel at least once when we camp at FW. It gets filthy on the trip from Illinois. We are mindful of our neighbors, and would never flood their site! It sounds to me like FW is really not to blame, but other rude guests.
    You do realize that washing your camper is against the rules ???
    1994,96,97- ASSP
    1996,97- CBR
    1999- ASMV
    2004- DCL-WONDER
    2005- CSR
    2010 DCL WONDER
    2013 DCL DREAM
    ș șOș șOș șOș șOș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWdriver View Post
    I hope you expressed your concerns to a manager at checkout. No one (that I know of) cares more about guest satisfaction than Disney. I have seen countless procedures and policies changed as a result of guests comments.
    And yes Ron I expressed my concern with allowing pets who were directly across from us who barked all hours of the day and night and the owner who did NOT clean up after the dogs. I was told that they received SPECIAL authorization from the front desk to be in a non-pet loop. ?????
    1994,96,97- ASSP
    1996,97- CBR
    1999- ASMV
    2004- DCL-WONDER
    2005- CSR
    2010 DCL WONDER
    2013 DCL DREAM
    ș șOș șOș șOș șOș

Post Thanks / Like

Make it known of what happened there during your visit. I feel if you do not let upper management know the non management is not going to say anything and nothing gets done. I have seen some things and had no problem to let management know of what is going on. It is sad that people feel no matter where they are they think they can get away with anything. I agree when there are large groups of kids they must implement more adult coverage for groups because I too have seen problems with that and unrulely misbehaving children. Do not be affraid to contact them and let them know what you had seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Dogs on Campsites

Last year my inlaws joined my wife and I at FW.They have a small dog (6 pounds) that travels with them in their motorhome. They requested a pet loop at the time they made their reservation and was told no problem. Upon arrival they were told that they did not have to stay in a pet loop as small dogs that stay in the camper were ok in any loop.

Post Thanks / Like

I just have to wonder if there would be complaints too if someones motorhome or trailer were covered in dirt.

I'm sorry sometimes you just have to wash them off, now if your neighbor was washing the camper every day that would be a problem.

The rules are there for a reason that being said realize that some rules are more important that others. There are so many different people that we need to be more tolerant of each others needs and maybe look at the gray area before getting angry.

I'm on my way out the door right now, heading to Ft Wilderness, we learned over the years to make our own magic.

JMHO (not intended to offend in any way)
    Bless you, Terri
    1979 to 1987 Offsite
    1988 to 1991 CB, DL & PO. Ft Wilderness campsite 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 2000 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 Xmas & New Year every year & at least 2 or more other visits per year. July & Oct 08

Post Thanks / Like

Our camper gets dirty on the way to WDW, also, but we found a great truck stop with a car wash large enough for campers that worked great. As for the dogs, we got stuck one year in a loop for dogs and we nagged Disney until they moved us. (Constantly barking dogs is not my cup of tea.) As far as I know there are still loops specified for people with pets.

Other than that we've always had good luck at FW.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

We don't wash our whole motor home, but during love bug times, we do wash down the front right after we get there. We've talked to others who do the same. My understanding is that squished love bugs will ruin the paint on a vehicle. We've never even thought twice about doing that. Although we use very little water.

Post Thanks / Like

I was under the impression that washing a trailer/motor home at your site was considered the same as dumping gray water and considered illegal in most states.

Post Thanks / Like

Disney must not mind you washing your RV to much because we were just there and and we saw a company in there that details RV's. They were washing them. I dont wash my 5er while we are there but I would not care if my neighbor washed theres. Now all the tree triming and the gas powered blowers every morning I could have done with out. Plus there was a water leak in our loop so we had bad water pressure for about 4 days. The sewer was backed up in the restrooms by the Hoop De Doo one night . But none of this really bothers me because I am on vacation and it sure beats being at work and there still is no other place like FW. No place is perfect. But the magic is still there for me and my DW.
    DEC 79 FW (TERRY TRAIL)
    JUN 81 FW TRAILER
    JUN 89 FW POP-UP
    DEC 90 FW POP-UP
    DEC 91 FW POP-UP
    JUN 91 FW POP-UP
    DEC 92 FW POP-UP
    NOV-DEC 98 FW POP-UP
    MAY 00 FW CABIN
    NOV-DEC 02 FW Tent
    NOV-DEC 03 FW 5er
    JAN 05 POP CENTURY
    NOV-DEC 05 FW 5er
    JAN 07 FW 5er
    NOV-DEC 07 FW Fifth Wheel

Post Thanks / Like

1) Word came down last May -
    . . . the campground is full most of the time
    . . . don't bug the guests
    . . . too many campers for security to police
    . . . if you get complaints, let them fall
    2) I couldn't believe, nor could others.
    3) At that time, everyone basically said,
    . . . "what the heck, let them go"
    . . . "let them do what they want"
    4) After that, security has done little rules enforcement.
    . . . open fires
    . . . washing of campers (against law and the rules)
    . . . pets in non-pet loops
    . . . huge ATVs, instead of mandated small ones
    . . . parties at late hours, just not too raucous

NOTE: In my opinion, dumb, really dumb. CM's were told to not worry about the rules, so guests wouldn't complain. The word came down that "EVERY GUEST DESERVES THE BEST WDW VACATION, EVER". And, woe be the CM that prevents that.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    1) Word came down last May -
    . . . the campground is full most of the time
    . . . don't bug the guests
    . . . too many campers for security to police
    . . . if you get complaints, let them fall
    2) I couldn't believe, nor could others.
    3) At that time, everyone basically said,
    . . . "what the heck, let them go"
    . . . "let them do what they want"
    4) After that, security has done little rules enforcement.
    . . . open fires
    . . . washing of campers (against law and the rules)
    . . . pets in non-pet loops
    . . . huge ATVs, instead of mandated small ones
    . . . parties at late hours, just not too raucous

NOTE: In my opinion, dumb, really dumb. CM's were told to not worry about the rules, so guests wouldn't complain. The word came down that "EVERY GUEST DESERVES THE BEST WDW VACATION, EVER". And, woe be the CM that prevents that.
    So, Now this makes F.W. no different than any other campground. RULES are what has set F.W. above everyone else, Like them or not the rules are made for a reason not to just " upset " someone. If you want to party all night, have open fires, have pets in a non-pet loop, wash your camper in your site and make a mess in your neighbors campsite, them I guess you should jump right on the telephone and call W.D.W reservations, because NOW F.W. is no longer the ELITE Campground.. This disappoints me severly.
    1994,96,97- ASSP
    1996,97- CBR
    1999- ASMV
    2004- DCL-WONDER
    2005- CSR
    2010 DCL WONDER
    2013 DCL DREAM
    ș șOș șOș șOș șOș

Post Thanks / Like

Well relaxed rules were not the order of the day when we last visited (April 2007). We once again got hassled over using our Electric Gem Car in areas where other golf carts go. I even protested to the manager of Fort Wilderness/Wilderness Lodge on the phone but was told that security had ruled that Gem Cars are not golf carts. So much for the princess who drove one on the golf course in a Disney movie I guess.

Fires are a different story. I like a roaring campfire as much as anyone but I can see from the flammable tinder that surrounds every FtW campsite that fires are a common sense no-no.

Also common courtesy has to take over for rules enforcement. Never invade someone's campsite or let your water, smells, noise, etc ruin your neigbors' vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RocklandRVers View Post

Fires are a different story. I like a roaring campfire as much as anyone but I can see from the flammable tinder that surrounds every FtW campsite that fires are a common sense no-no.
    I totally agree. About the time a horrible fire breaks out and destroys millions of dollars in motor homes, and I think security will become an issue again. I liked feeling that my motor home was safe while we're at the parks.

Post Thanks / Like

Security??? I have never seen security at Ft.W. Where have I been? We were behind a lady who was driving her SUV thru the park way too fast, running stop signs and honking at people in front of her. Where was she going? To the Meadows to pick up some food. We followed her in because she was dressed like an employee. I asked for the manager and told him how she was driving and that she was going to hurt someone. I don't know if he did or not, but I saw NO security.

There was a big rig next to us that had detailing done two days in a row and that water pressure hose is LOUD!

We nearly always have a site next to someone with dogs. I wondered the same thing about why they are not in the pet loops. I guess to bend the rules to make that camper happy? What about those of us who DON'T take our furry friends and would like a site where we don't listen to someone elses?

Sounds to me like Disney is afraid to follow their own rules. Listen, when most of us who camp go to any campground, there are rules we know to follow. Why should this be any different?

And to those who ride your golf carts fast because you like the wind in your hair, remember there are those of us who don't walk as fast as we used to...or we are too small to know that thing you drive can hurt us...and oh, please know that even if security won't stop you, the sidewalks are NOT a speedway. Ok, I feel better. I just wish the guy who drove his golf cart WAY TOO FAST, on the wrong side of the road because he couldn't stay under the speed limit and played rap music as loud as possible so we all knew he was around (like we could have NOT noticed?) knew what a nuisance he was being to the peace loving campers at Ft. Wilderness!!

Venting sure feels good...thanks for listening!
    Disney Institute December 1999
    Ft. Wilderness June 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006-December 2007
    Caribbean Beach January 2008
    Port Orleans Riverside - January 2009
    Pop Century January 2007, December 2009, November 2010
    Pop CenturyOctober 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Security does not always drive around in a marked security vehicle. We got pulled over by a CM in a van while driving our own golf cart (not a rental). My son was driving and was 15 and I was in the passenger seat. (he is an excellent driver) and the CM checked to see if he was 16 and had a license. She made us switch before allowing us to drive on.

Security is not always everwhere to be sure, but I know that they do drive around the loops even in the wee hours. Once our dog woke us up when he needed to go out in the early morning (about 3:00 am) and a van drove around our loop.

Overall I feel safe at FtW, but also know that some of the guests may not share the same sense of responsibility as I and others do so I keep a cautious eye out for them. We have all seen the golf carts whizzing through paths shared by pedestrians and big RVs barreling around the campground so we remain vigilent.

FtW is like any diverse "town". Some of the folks obey the "letter of law" while others flaunt it totally with most of us landing somewhere in between. In my many trips I have seen some real morons but mostly I see some of the most friendly people I have ever met. All in all I still find it the best vacation spot and will continue going.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: