Quantcast Hot Stove thread - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I read A-Rod is the one that set up the meeting there are even rumours of him getting ready to dump Boras.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it seems as if the Yankees are the only team doing anything. I just found out today, that they are just about finished working out a deal with A-Rod ( still no Boras ) and that they are talking about putting Lowell at first. But I don't see why they would do that, knowing they have a very young, promising first baseman. Shelly Duncan is his name right?
    Philly Eagles Fan! Red Sox Fan! Celtics Fan!

Post Thanks / Like

According to ESPN, A-Rod agrred to the outline of his new Yankee contract, so the money is still being decided on. Its amazing what you could do without Boras!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofhook View Post
    Well, it seems as if the Yankees are the only team doing anything. I just found out today, that they are just about finished working out a deal with A-Rod ( still no Boras ) and that they are talking about putting Lowell at first. But I don't see why they would do that, knowing they have a very young, promising first baseman. Shelly Duncan is his name right?
    NY local papers don't think Shelly is that promising - and I don't think he's that young (by baseball standards - he's spent a lot of years in the minors - not that there's anything wrong with that!)

I can't believe the Mike Lowell rumor though - can't see him switching for 4 years to first base. Supposedly, that's where Posada will end up after his catching days are over.
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

I always thought Duncan was a young farm prostpect, but I guess not. And Lowell playing first I don't think its happening either. I say that knowing he will want a 4 year deal, and as you said with Posada, I think Lowell might run back to the Red Sox.

Post Thanks / Like

Rumors are ture, Mike Lowell was offered a 4yr/60 million dollar deal to play first base for the Yankees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    ...there are even rumours of him getting ready to dump Boras.
    ( still no Boras )
    Its amazing what you could do without Boras!
    Apparently this is not true. Hank Steinbrenner was quoted in the Star–Ledger as saying he has “no problem” with Boras being involved in the negotiations.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    In other interesting news from the Yankees they offered Mariano Rivera a 3 yr $45M deal
    Rivera reportedly turned down the offer. He wants a fourth year.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Apparently this is not true. Hank Steinbrenner was quoted in the Star–Ledger as saying he has “no problem” with Boras being involved in the negotiations.
    He has to say that because of the Collective Bargaining agreement a team can not exclude an agent from negotiations. So A-Rod would ahve to fire Boras first then the Yankees can make their true feelings known.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Rivera reportedly turned down the offer. He wants a fourth year.
    According to the NY Post - he's accepting the three year deal!!!
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Angels traded for Jon Garland, giving up SS Orlando Cabrera. AND...... Lowell is a Red Sox member again!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Mel, this post is for you...

Braves, Glavine agree on one-year deal
    11/19/2007 12:49 PM ET
    By Mark Bowman / MLB.com

ATLANTA -- In a perfect world, Tom Glavine and the Braves never would have parted ways. Fortunately, fate and a strong mutual desire have reunited them and given the celebrated southpaw the opportunity to conclude his storied career where it began.
    Years, months and days of anticipation were replaced with definite satisfaction late Sunday evening, when Glavine agreed to the terms of a one-year, $8 million deal offered by the Braves. Glavine's agent, Gregg Clifton, confirmed the terms of the deal, which the Braves announced on Monday.

"He's very excited, most importantly because he's going to be able to be close to his family again and be a full-time dad while continuing his playing career," Clifton said.

In early October, when Glavine declined the $13 million option the Mets owed him, all indications were he'd return to the Braves, who drafted him in the second round of the 1984 First-Year Player Draft and employed him at the Major League level from 1987-2002. During that span, he notched 242 of his 303 career victories and was awarded with his two National League Cy Young Awards (1991 and 1998).

Once Clifton saw the Braves' initial offer -- a one-year deal worth $6.5 million -- he knew things would progress quickly. Knowing he might receive more money elsewhere, Glavine entered these negotiations with the intention of signing with the Braves as long as he deemed their offer to be fair.

The Nationals and Phillies were among the other teams believed to be interested in Glavine, who made it known he wouldn't seriously listen to any other offers until he exhausted every opportunity to sign with the Braves.

"I think the Braves were happy to know Tom was willing to provide them a bit of a discount, and I think they paid a little more than they had planned," Clifton said. "But I think it's a fair deal for both sides."

Braves general manager Frank Wren can take great satisfaction in the fact he was able to get the man he targeted to fill his team's need for a reliable and durable starter. Glavine, who will turn 42 in March, has won at least 13 games and completed at least 198 innings each of the past three seasons.

With John Smoltz and Tim Hudson already serving as the anchors of the rotation, the Braves simply were looking for a pitcher who would provide regular quality innings. With Glavine, they got a pitcher whose 23 quality starts ranked fifth in the National League last year, a leader, whose clubhouse value is immeasurable, and a mentor, who can have a definite impact on young starting pitchers like Chuck James and Jo-Jo Reyes.

"We think adding Tommy would clearly make our rotation a lot better," Wren said earlier this month.

Critics argue the 4.45 ERA Glavine posted this past season and the fact he allowed 17 earned runs and worked just 10 1/3 innings in his final three starts are indications his skills are quickly eroding. But in the 10 starts he made preceding that forgettable finish, he was 5-0 with a 2.66 ERA.

Glavine's greatest contribution to the Braves might come from the fact he's completed at least 200 innings in 14 of the past 16 seasons that haven't been shortened by a players' strike.

As long as he can provide something similar this season, he will relieve some of the stress Smoltz and Hudson felt this past season and at the same time likely have a positive effect on a bullpen that might not have to eat as many innings as it did this past year while backing an Atlanta rotation that was filled with inexperience.

Clifton has stressed Glavine's desire to return to the Braves primarily centered around the opportunity to spend much more time with his wife, Christine, and their four children. While he pitched for the Mets during the past five seasons, he'd say goodbye to the family at the start of Spring Training with the knowledge they wouldn't be reunited in New York until the school year in suburban Atlanta ended in late May.

Many have told stories about how Glavine felt he made a mistake within a day of opting to reject the Braves and sign with the Mets after the 2002 season. Last winter, he was hoping to make a return that would've allowed him the chance to join the 300-win club with his original organization.

When the Braves didn't even provide an offer, a discouraged Glavine had reason to believe he may never pitch for Atlanta again. But now there's no longer reason to wonder. His dream has become a reality, and now the task is to make sure this homecoming is a memorable one.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Mel, this post is for you...
    This post makes me cry - happy tears of course! I'm so glad Tom can finish out his career at home.

Post Thanks / Like

With A-Rod off the market and Lowell resigned by the Red Sox, how long do you guys think it will take for the Angels to get Cabrera? I think it will be a week or two until the trade happens.

Post Thanks / Like

With A-Rod off the market and Lowell resigned by the Red Sox, how long do you guys think it will take for the Angels to get Cabrera? I think it will be a week or two until the trade happens.
    Which Cabrera? The Angels just traded Orlando Cabrera to Chicago for Jon Garland for who knows why .

As for 'the other Cabrera', we shall see...

Hey, they also just got Torii Hunter.
    ~~Have a Disney Day~~
    șoș WDW 9-83, 9-84, 9-88, 9-93, 5-94, 5-95, 5-96, 9-99, 9-07
    șoș TDL 6-83, 9-91
    șoș DLR many, many

Post Thanks / Like

Oops, forgot to mention that it is Miguel Cabrera, but I don't know why they traded Orlando either. Maybe so they don't have 2 Cabreras playing next to one another?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeh, can't have that, can we?
    ~~Have a Disney Day~~
    șoș TDL 6-83, 9-91
    șoș DLR many, many

Post Thanks / Like

They could trade for Miguel Cabrera, kept Orlando Cabrera, and then traded for pitcher Daniel Cabrera for the pitching help.

Post Thanks / Like

They could also trade for Melky Cabrera, and then trade for another pitching Cabrera, Fernado Cabrera.

Post Thanks / Like

You're killing me !

Get Alex Cabrera from Seibu LIons Japan ! He's movin'!

TOKYO, Nov. 22 (AP) - (Kyodo)—Seibu Lions slugger Alex Cabrera is likely to leave the Pacific League club after negotiations between them on a new deal hit a snag, baseball sources said Thursday.
    ~~Have a Disney Day~~
    șoș TDL 6-83, 9-91
    șoș DLR many, many

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: