Quantcast So how about that game?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default So how about that game?

No running up the score, no unsportsmanlike activity at the end of the game, Brady took a knee (3 times, I think), and Coach didn't have his homeless sweatshirt on. What a game!!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not, the game was played down the road from my house but I was more interested in my Browns game (Go Browns). Anyway, just when I thought all the hype was over and that we could move on, I am surprised by the following article on Yahoo:

"Patriots complain about crowd noise"

The President of the Pats actually thinks the Colts "piped" in crowd noise. I mean why can't the Pats just take their win and move on. Don't even get me started.

Go Browns!
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Donald A View Post
    "Patriots complain about crowd noise"

The President of the Pats actually thinks the Colts "piped" in crowd noise. I mean why can't the Pats just take their win and move on. Don't even get me started.
    I hate to say this, but I think they have a valid argument.

I say that because about halfway through the game, the "crowd noise" CD starting skipping. You could clearly hear it on the broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinmickey9170
    No running up the score, no unsportsmanlike activity at the end of the game, Brady took a knee (3 times, I think), and Coach didn't have his homeless sweatshirt on. What a game!!
    Well not to pick nits here, but it's hard to run up the score in a game that you're losing with like 8 minutes left.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Of course, I am disappointed that the Patriots won - Kristen knows that I don't like them! But, obviously, they are the team that made the adjustments during the halftime break because they were able to keep both Peyton Manning and Joseph Addai in check in the second half. Tom Brady appeared to be getting somewhat rattled by the end of the 3rd quarter but he got over it and kept on going. We all know that both teams are quite capable of scoring and it seems that the better defense in the second half basically won the game -turnovers were also costly which is something neither team is really used to. All in all, it was very entertaining at least! As far as Donald's comment about the piped in noise, I haven't seen or heard that anywhere but if it's true, that's such an old complaint. Can't they find a new one? Why can't a win just be a win these days? Everyone has an excuse as to why they lost and even the winners have complaints.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Let me add this, if the Colts are cheating by doing the crowd noise thing, I will be the first to come down on my opinion of them. I mean, I am a Browns fan but live in Indy and have friends who really love this team. The Colts owe it to the fans to play and win fair. I was at a few games a couple seasons ago including the Colts/Steelers Monday night game where the Steelers accused them of "piping" in sound. It was very loud in there. However, you are placing 55,000 people sitting in metal bleachers in a very small enclosed area. I don't know
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinmickey9170 View Post
    Great game! And yes, on Belichick's lack of icky sweatshirt . So much better.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

The Colts didn't cheat...it had something to do with CBS and the accusations have been dropped.

Go Colts!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That was a great game! I look forward to the rematch in New England in January!

GO PATS!!
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LauraleeH View Post
    The Colts didn't cheat...it had something to do with CBS and the accusations have been dropped.

Go Colts!!!
    Watching the local news here in Indy, CBS has admitted fault and channel 13's camera did not have the "skipping" the CBS broadcast did. Enough said.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donald A View Post
    Watching the local news here in Indy, CBS has admitted fault and channel 13's camera did not have the "skipping" the CBS broadcast did. Enough said.
    Not really enough said. Apparently, the Patriots never complained about crowd noise. Kraft's son brought it up and it was investigated but the team never had a problem. Apparently, a number of teams have indirectly suggested that the Colts alter noise levels in the stadium, the Steelers among them (in fact, Steelers players were the first to suggest it last season). I think it's just that things are bound to be louder in the indoor venue and it is a non-issue.

It would have been really classy for people to be able to congratulate Pats fans on a good game for a change instead of finding something else to try to bring them down. Talk about sportsmanship. It is nice to see some good sports here.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    It would have been really classy for people to be able to congratulate Pats fans on a good game for a change instead of finding something else to try to bring them down. Talk about sportsmanship. It is nice to see some good sports here.
    You know ... you reap what you sow.

If you're going to treat people badly (you being the Patriots in this context) then no one is going to root for you or want good things for you.

I was actually shocked at how hard I was rooting against the Pats in this game. I've really developed an intense dislike for this team and the players. It's hard, because it's such a 180º turnaround from how I used to feel.

Sorry, but I think you're being unrealistic in expecting people to be happy for the Patriots. Most people are now rooting against them due to their classless and arrogant behavior.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    You know ... you reap what you sow.

If you're going to treat people badly (you being the Patriots in this context) then no one is going to root for you or want good things for you.

I was actually shocked at how hard I was rooting against the Pats in this game. I've really developed an intense dislike for this team and the players. It's hard, because it's such a 180º turnaround from how I used to feel.

Sorry, but I think you're being unrealistic in expecting people to be happy for the Patriots. Most people are now rooting against them due to their classless and arrogant behavior.
    I don't expect people to be happy for the Patriots. But I don't think it's too much to expect the same people who accuse the Patriots of having a lack of class and sportsmanship to show some themselves.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Question

I don't expect people to be happy for the Patriots. But I don't think it's too much to expect the same people who accuse the Patriots of having a lack of class and sportsmanship to show some themselves.
    What does that mean, though? How, exactly, are you looking for people to show class and sportsmanship?

I wasn't happy with the games outcome. I didn't come on here and say, "The Pats got lucky ... " or "They shouldn't have won that game ... " or "The Pats obviously cheated!" (which may, in fact, be the case ) ...

But I'm sure not going to break my arm patting them on the back. Like I said ... they did this to themselves. Last year everyone would have been thrilled that they won. This year, they're atop everyone's Most Hated list.

In other words, they've taken over the place previously held by Terrell Owens and the Cowboys.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Ian, come on. My point was clear. It would have been the classier move to just say "yeah, good game," for once instead of the very first person to respond turning it into a thread about alleged noise level complaints-- a story that shaped up far differently than initially reported. Kristen wasn't asking for a public deflating. She was saying "yay, team!" And agree or disagree, there was no reason to bring her down with a return to the "we hate Patriots" mentality.

No one needed useless pats on the back and that's not what I was saying at all. And obviously, everyone has a right to their opinion. When my team gets beat, I usually just say "hey, it was a good game." That's what good sports do.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Ian, come on. My point was clear. It would have been the classier move to just say "yeah, good game," for once instead of the very first person to respond turning it into a thread about alleged noise level complaints-- a story that shaped up far differently than initially reported. Kristen wasn't asking for a public deflating. She was saying "yay, team!"
    Well ... not to pick nits here, but what Kristen actually said was not "Yay, team!" but "No running up the score, no unsportsmanlike activity at the end of the game ... "

I, personally, took issue with that characterization of the game because I didn't think the Pats had the chance to run up the score.

And, at the time of the post, the noise issue was still thought to be an issue, but it was an issue with the Colts not the Pats. Why would that be a problem?
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Sherri has a good point. There's no reason we can't all say it was a good game and move on, whether we like the teams involved or not. We don't have to be nasty and nit-pick with each other over the games that in the grand scheme of things have no personal effect on our lives unless we happen to work for those teams. Kristen and Sherri both know I don't like the Patriots but I can be a big enough person to at least acknowledge that it was a good game regardless of the fact that I am sorely disappointed that the Patriots won it. How about if we all let the Patriot fans enjoy it and the rest of us forget about it?
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Kathy. What a good sport.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Fine by me. I'm not trying to take anything away from Pats' fans enjoyment of the win. I don't think anyone anywhere would dispute that that's one heckuva team they have there and they're obviously a clear favorite to go all the way.

My only point was that my take on this thread was not that it was a "Way to Go Pats thread - fans only let's come celebrate!" thread. Based on the OP's comments, it looked to me like she wanted kudos for the Pats for not running up the score or acting in an unsportsmanlike way.

I wasn't prepared to give those kudos, because I don't believe they're warranted.
    However, for the record, I did in fact hold back some other criticisms I had of the Pats' behavior out respect for their fans' desire to celebrate the win.
    Last edited by Ian; 11-07-2007 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Added Missing Word
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I can't comment on the game as I didn't see it. Spending 3 extra hours at Downtown Disney on Saturday was way more important than getting home by 4:00 on Sunday
    Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    We don't have to be nasty and nit-pick with each other over the games that in the grand scheme of things have no personal effect on our lives unless we happen to work for those teams.
    I've read every post here twice. I didn't read anyone being nasty.

Since Intercot doesn't allow some disscussions that do have a pesonal effect on our lives, (like politics and strollers in the park ) I, for one, am glad that the sports forum allows more in the way of debate.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    My only point was that my take on this thread was not that it was a "Way to Go Pats thread - fans only let's come celebrate!" thread. Based on the OP's comments, it looked to me like she wanted kudos for the Pats for not running up the score or acting in an unsportsmanlike way.
    I would love to hear from Kristen on that, because I think your take was off. It seemed to me like she was cheering on her team and the extra comments about their behavior were her self-deprecatingly sweet way of saying she didn't possibly think anyone can find anything to pick on with this win. But of course, wrong there. Where there are Patriots, there are people willing to pick. Occasionally deservedly so.

And, Ian, again, are you being deliberately obtuse? Because it seems a stretch to take the OPs post in any other way, and furthermore, the first comment about the noise levels was not couched in a way as to question the Colts but to diss the Patriots for finding something to complain about, and you can clearly see that by reading the post.

Yes, Scar, no one is being nasty and I am always up for a debate. But I appreciated Kathy's take on it. It showed class.
    Sherri

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: