Quantcast Hanesbrands Inc. Signs Deal with Disney

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hanesbrands Inc. Signs Deal with Disney

Hanesbrands Inc. Signs Deal with Disney

Ieva M. Augstums
    Associated Press
    October 30, 2007

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Looking to keep growing its Hanes and Champion brands, Hanesbrands Inc. said Tuesday it has signed a wide-ranging marketing deal with The Walt Disney Co. that includes product co-branding, attraction sponsorships and signage at Disney parks and resorts.

The 10-year deal is estimated to be worth "tens of millions of dollars," and is the largest marketing alliance for the T-shirt, bra and underwear maker, Hanesbrands officials said. The company shared details of the deal with The Associated Press before its public announcement scheduled for Wednesday.

"I cannot think of a better partner with Hanes than Disney," said Kevin Hall, the chief marketing officer at Winston-Salem-based Hanesbrands. "Hanes, like Disney, connects with America. It's a brand for all ages and all genders. It's a family brand."

All basic apparel sold by Disney at its parks and resorts, and at the company's ESPN Zone restaurants, will now be from the Hanes and Champion lines. Under the agreement, basic apparel includes T-shirts and tanks and fleece sweat shirts, sweat pants, hoodies and other garments, including infant and toddler items.

The deal also allows Hanesbrands to co-label much of the clothing, as in "Disneyland Resort by Hanes."

"I would think it will help the perception of the consumer," said Global Crown Capital analyst Martin Pyykkonen. "As they walk into the store they are asking themselves, 'Oh, do I buy this T-shirt and it falls apart?' Having a name brand like Hanesbrands may help."

Hanes also will become the sponsor of the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith, one of the main attractions at the Disney-MGM Studios park in Florida. Champion will also have naming rights for the stadium at Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex in Florida, and the deal includes promotions at the ESPN Zone restaurants throughout the country.

Hanesbrands chief executive Richard Noll said the agreement "builds on the strength of two of the world's most recognized brands."

"We have a commitment to invest in our strongest brands," Noll said in an interview. "It's one more tactic along the way."

Since its spin-off from Sara Lee Corp. a year ago, Hanesbrands has focused on growing and bringing attention to its largest and top-selling products. In September, the company launched a national advertising campaign for its Playtex bras. The campaign, dubbed "Girl Talk," features women talking about their breasts and their attempts to find bras that fit well.

Over the course of the year, product promotional spots featuring actress Jennifer Love Hewitt, basketball great Michael Jordan and Academy Award-winning actor Cuba Gooding Jr. have aired on television and online.

"We've got a lot of room to grow these big brands," Noll said. "That's our plan."
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That's interesting... I like it! LOL
    I've been going to WDW since birth, and now I work there.
    Proud Baton Twirler!
    "Oh look, my tax dollars at work coming to arrest me, " Reily Pool, NT2
    Go UCF and UF!

Post Thanks / Like

ROFL -- Disney Princess Meet and Greet, brought to you by Platex bras....
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTreeGal View Post
    ...and what is wrong with that? (as he looks around with guilt to see that his wife is not watching him type this!)
    "Believe me, it's the most exciting and challenging assignment we have ever tackled at Walt Disney Productions."
    Walt Disney speaking on the future Disney World

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, "wait 'til we get our Hanes on you!"

Post Thanks / Like

That's it, you're gonna burn... no Disney Heaven for you!

You're both gonna end up spending eternity at a badly run Six flags....
    Last edited by LibertyTreeGal; 11-01-2007 at 08:48 AM. Reason: I'm blonde and can't spell Disney
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Post Thanks / Like

HAHAHAHAHA - I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT - great comback. A badly run Six Flags - now that was funny!
    "Believe me, it's the most exciting and challenging assignment we have ever tackled at Walt Disney Productions."
    Walt Disney speaking on the future Disney World

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a well run Six Flags?????

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I can hear it now, "Hanes, the official underwear of Mickey Mouse"

But wait a minute, Mickey doesn't wear a shirt, and Donald doesn't wear pants, how can they be spokesmen for Hanes t-shirts and underwear. And I don't want to know what Minnie wears.

The article mentions "girl talk", I hope that's not a re-theming idea for Turtle Talk with Crush.

Rock-N-Roller Coater sponsored by Hanes????? I don't know if I see the connection. Maybe instead of asking Chris to "grab my black Les Paul", Joe Perry could ask Chris to....... never mind.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    Rock-N-Roller Coater sponsored by Hanes????? I don't know if I see the connection. Maybe instead of asking Chris to "grab my black Les Paul", Joe Perry could ask Chris to....... never mind.
    Or ala Cuba and Michael --

"Chris, I'm wearing your underwear!"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: