Quantcast Patriots and Running Up the Score - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Epc0tphr34k View Post
    The Eagles had them beat and Feeley threw to the clear out route, and a bad ball at that. if he had just just thrown the ball to LJ Smith who was coming across the field wide open i could have actually slept last night.
    Aside from Feeley's bad decision on that throw, the entire play call was ridiculous.

They're only down by 3 and they're already in field goal range. They ran on first down and got 6 yards. Why in the world do you go deep on that play??? What's the upside?? Even if you score you're only up by 4 and you've just given the ball back to the most potent offense in NFL history with more than enough time to beat you.

It's so painfully obvious to anyone who knows ANYTHING about football that the play there is run on 2nd down and see what you get. If you don't convert, then you throw and preferably an in route that just over the 1st down marker. Those ins were there all night.

I know I should just feel good that it was such a close game, but I don't. I'm really frustrated that they blew a game that was, if nothing else, winnable.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

They're only down by 3 and they're already in field goal range. They ran on first down and got 6 yards. Why in the world do you go deep on that play??? What's the upside?? Even if you score you're only up by 4 and you've just given the ball back to the most potent offense in NFL history with more than enough time to beat you.
    take a look at the replay
    the play that was called was a drag route to lj smith he was wide open about 4 yds out. feeley was trying to be a hero. he owes an appology to everyone on the eagles. had he run the play as it was designed rather than throwing the deep ball they would have gotten the first
    you can see the look on andy's face pretty much stating that he threw to the wrong receiver. and the worst part is the poll on the eagles site the fans still think he should startnot only did he make that bad decision the pick at the begining of the game was the difference in the score

on and to tie this all into the patriots lack of class. did you see brady's post game contents about how it was only close because the patriots didn't play well and they all could have played better
    -Chris R.

"We now face the danger, which in the past has been the most destructive to the humans: Success, plenty, comfort and ever-increasing leisure. No dynamic people has ever survived these dangers." --John Steinbeck

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I'll agree with your last statement ... yes, all the Pats players basically gave zero credit to the way the Eagles played and basically blamed the close game on them not playing well. Although I will credit Belichek because he said some nice things about the Eagles.

I'll disagree with you on your assessment of the final play and on Feeley as a starter. Sal Palantonio was on the radio this morning and he said definitively that that was a called play by Reid ... that you could see AJ in the huddle talking to Curtis and that it was obvious that he was the target from the beginning.

And personally, I don't care that Feeley lost the game for the Eagles (which he did, I admit). This team plays 10 times better for any QB who's last name is not McNabb. It's time for Donovan to go. For whatever reason, his team won't play hard for him anymore.

I'm not saying Feeley is any kind of long term solution at QB, but I am saying that I think we have a much better chance to make the playoffs this year with Feeley under center than with McNabb.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

It's not entirely true that the Pats gave the Eagles no credit. Brady's specific quote was "I wish we had played a little better, but I give those guys [The Eagles] a lot of credit." Belichick admitted that he was caught off guard by them. I think they were humbled...just a bit

I am really bummed that they lost because at the end, they really had the opportunity to win. But it was an exciting game. My dad and I haven't screamed like that during a game... probably since the Eagles faced the Pats in the Super Bowl! Every incomplete pass to Moss, every Sack on Brady... and of course every TD and every mistake by the Eagles had us jumping out of our seats. It stinks because my dad said in the beginning "The one thing I don't want is for them to lose by 3 points" but what can you do. I'm glad that they played so hard when everyone expected them to get rolled over. I mean a 24 point spread? How insulting is that. My dad and myself were the only people I know who honestly thought the Eagles had a shot at winning. I was the only one in the Intercot Football Fun who picked them to win. I completely agree with Ian that when McNabb is not the QB this team plays exponentially better. It's a bummer because I think the guy has great talent, but he's just not cutting it here. He never turned into a true West Coast QB.

I am happy that the Eagles made the Pats look human, and beatable. I think that the one thing they proved is that you CAN beat the Pats, as long as you don't make mistakes. You have to play them hard, pressure Brady, and play a nearly perfect game. The Pats made some mistakes last night but the Eagles made more, especially towards the end, and that is what ultimately lost us the game.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    It's not entirely true that the Pats gave the Eagles no credit. Brady's specific quote was "I wish we had played a little better, but I give those guys [The Eagles] a lot of credit." Belichick admitted that he was caught off guard by them. I think they were humbled...just a bit
    Thanks for the quote! It's true that the Eagles played a great game but also true that the Pats played badly for them, a lot of sloppy moves, and I don't think Brady's comment was out of line, classless, or one bit insulting. In fact, he has been full of praise for all of the teams they've played every time I've seen his post-game interviews.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it just goes to show the Eagles are one of the elite NFL teams still. Its just a shame the record does not show it. If you ask me, the record should be 9-2 for the Eagles. The teams they should have beat are the Packers, because of horrible Special Teams, Redskins, McNabb could not make a single good pass in this game, and if he completed a late pass to Curtis near the endzone they would have won. They should also have beat, the Giants, the only problem was Westbrook was not there, so Play Action and all the screens did not show up in the game, and then they just blew the Patriots game.
    Philly Eagles Fan! Red Sox Fan! Celtics Fan!

Post Thanks / Like

The Bills should be still in the race in the AFC East, because what the records don't show is that the Eagles and Colts both lost more than the Patriots won the games. Also, is it just me, or does A.J. Felley seem to be a diamond in the rough?

Post Thanks / Like

Go Pats!
    Swan x 1, Dolphin x 1, Carribbean Beach x 1, BWV x 9, OKW x 5, WLV x 2, BCV x 2, Cruise x 3
    Next Up!: AULANI! July 2012

DVC Member since 97

It all started with a mouse...

Post Thanks / Like

Pats are beatable, and will get beat. To bad it will be in the AFC Championships by the defending World Champs.

The Eagles, and Colts had them beat and couldn't finish. The Pats can't run the ball, and can't defend the run. They will get beat in January.
    Been There, Done That - GOIN BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

Win or lose, I'm still a Patriots fan I just hate to think that ANY team can get so cocky as to think they are undefeatable. Pride goeth before a fall!
    1988,97,98*,99, 2000,01*,02*,04*,05*,07,08*,09,11,12*,13*'14*,15&, 16*,17(*=2x that year &=3x) on site WDW
    Next trip to WDW: Planning October 2017 and beyond! I love my AP!
    1991 DL 1993 DL Paris
    "If we can dream it, we can do it"
    "The harder I work, the luckier I get"

Post Thanks / Like

Watching the Steelers - Miami game last week got me thinking about a scenerio. Say the Pats are undefeated and say the Dolphins are winless when these teams play later this month. I have a feeling running up the score by the Pats would be a bad decision. You might see a Pats star get hurt with some Miami unsportsman-like conduct if the Pats star remains in too long. Hopefully the Pats classless coach realizes this. Miami might go down being remembered as the worst team ever but may also go down as being remembered as something else if the Pats don't show some humility and class.

Some might not think Miami (or any other team) would take a cheap shot, I disagree. When the other team's pride is hurt and you show no respect to another team what keeps a team from making a cheap shot against you?
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Or the Dolphins could just use a pass rush on the Patriots, it worked wonders when the Eagles and Colts did it. And if the pride is hurt, they could use that to just knock down the O-line and hit Brady as hard as they want to, so it won't be a cheap shot.

Post Thanks / Like

As much as so many people hate the Pats and want to call them classless, I would hope that a player or team that deliberately takes a cheap shot intended to hurt someone would be met with double the scorn. That's really low, and no one deserves to be hurt.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

maybe we should just start playing pop warner rules. you know so nobodys feelings get hurt. these people are paid to play football and if my team can score id like to see them in the end zone every time. the defense gets paid to stop the offense. running up the score is like pop warner/high school talk. this is the nfl people.
    Swan x 1, Dolphin x 1, Carribbean Beach x 1, BWV x 9, OKW x 5, WLV x 2, BCV x 2, Cruise x 3

DVC Member since 97

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TinksPixieDust View Post
    maybe we should just start playing pop warner rules. you know so nobodys feelings get hurt. these people are paid to play football and if my team can score id like to see them in the end zone every time. the defense gets paid to stop the offense. running up the score is like pop warner/high school talk. this is the nfl people.
    That would be correct. And for ... oh, I don't know ... maybe about the last one hundred years or so it's been frowned on in the NFL, as well.

Do you really think people would be talking about it at all if it wasn't a big deal??
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't want the score run up, call the game and be done with it. I think that would be a poor decision. Eventually, other teams will get better, and the Patriots will be beat; they won't dominate forever. The fact that they're good and scoring lots of points sets the bar higher for the rest of the league. If we didn't have a few very good teams, we end up with a league of mediocre teams, and that wouldn't be much fun.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

its only a big deal because its the patriots and they are undefeated right now. even if someone doesnt regularly watch football they hate the patriots because apparently its the cool thing to do. nobody was making a huge deal about the colts running up the score in 2004. its was okay because it was manning/dungy andthey had lost a few games. i agree with brownie...they arent going to be this dominate forever. you should be enjoying history instead of wondering if maybe brady should be pulled in the 2nd qtr so the defense doesnt feel horrible about themselves.

DVC Member since 97

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my two cents. Maybe it's too black and white with no gray area:
    These players get paid BIG bucks to do one of two things:
    1. Offense is paid to SCORE as much as they can
    2. Defense is paid to keep the other team from scoring.
    So what if they run up the score? A win is a win. Why not point fingers at the defense of the other team who is being paid to keep the Pats from scoring?
    I don't take football as seriously as other people, I admit. I am a Pats fan (as a good New Englander), but to see people get all bent about running up the score is a mystery to me. Is it OK to complain about Baseball teams hitting homers and "running up the score" or is this solely a football thing?
    1988,97,98*,99, 2000,01*,02*,04*,05*,07,08*,09,11,12*,13*'14*,15&, 16*,17(*=2x that year &=3x) on site WDW
    Next trip to WDW: Planning October 2017 and beyond! I love my AP!
    1991 DL 1993 DL Paris
    "If we can dream it, we can do it"
    "The harder I work, the luckier I get"

Post Thanks / Like

The Colts did not run up the score in 2004. When the game was decided, Peyton was handing off (if he was still in the game). If anyone thinks Dungy is that classless, they are crazy

Everyone would be on board w/ the Pats if they didn't get caught cheating, and if their players were classy.
    Been There, Done That - GOIN BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinksPixieDust View Post
    running up the score is like pop warner/high school talk. this is the nfl people.
    I coach HS football and am actually the D coordinator. I do not get upset at all when someone runs up the score on us. It hasn't happened in many years but has a few times in the past. It's my guys job to stop the O. If we can't, have at us. The O must keep in mind however, if they keep their starters in to get "junk yardage / stats" they are also putting them at risk of getting hurt in a game that is out of reach.

That's my "issue" with the Pats - why keep your multi million dollar players in a game that is out of reach? That I do not get and I like the Patriots. I like Brady and respect the coaching staff.
    Jeff

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: