Quantcast Refillable mug question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Refillable mug question

Thinking of getting the refillable mug at WL. Do you just go get it and leave or do you have to stand in line each time you refill??? thanks.
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Once you purchase the mug, from then on all you do is walk up to the drink fountain area and fill it up!
    July 06: Coronado Springs (Honeymoon)
    Sept 07: POP Century
    Feb 09: Port Orleans Riverside
    Dec 09: Caribbean Beach
    Jan 11: Coronado Springs

I blame this obsession on my wife...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scootch713 View Post
    Thinking of getting the refillable mug at WL. Do you just go get it and leave or do you have to stand in line each time you refill??? thanks.
    I'm not sure I understand your question. When you buy the mug, it's yours to keep, and you can refill it whenever you want. Just walk up to the drink island and choose your beverage. You refill the mug, not a Cast Member. You will not wait on a line.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

It is however different at Pepper Market at CSR. They give a card as you enter that say refill only and you have to give it to the cashier as you are leaving.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have to pay the gratuity at CSR everytime?
    1999 Coronado Springs
    2007 Pop Century
    May 4-11, 2008 Coronado Springs

Post Thanks / Like

No gratuity but just some added hassle with the card. I like being able to grab a drink and go not wait to give a card to a cashier.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your question. When you buy the mug, it's yours to keep, and you can refill it whenever you want. Just walk up to the drink island and choose your beverage. You refill the mug, not a Cast Member. You will not wait on a line.

I just didn't want to have to stand in line each time after I bought it when I needed a refill. Thought about refilling at breakfast time and I know there is always a line at breakfast at the food court.
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't sure either, until we bought them on our last couple of trips.

It isn't like Colonial Williamsburg, where you had to line up and have a staff member fill your mug from behind the counter, you can just walk up to the drink area, and get a refill whenever you need it.

There are also small sinks, so you can rinse out the mug if needed!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We are huge fans of the refillable mugs! They pay for themselves so quickly! You should see me in the mornings! I take 2 or 3 just for coffee for myself! Later, DH goes back for a refill for me & drinks for eveyone else for breakfast! If I had to pay just for all of my coffee - Whew!

We like the convenience, we're out by the pool, one of us pops in & gets drinks for all & staight back out to the pool, no need to carry cash! It's a huge convenience for us!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

I still have mine from All Star Sports from back in 2000 when I was there on my senior trip. They said it's good at any of the all stars when I came back. I know under the new plan, they are only good for that trip. Are the old cups still good? If not, I won't bother packing it. I don't do coffee and I don't drink soda, so I was thinking DBf could use it.
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same question We have our POR mugs. Can we still use them at FQ? We got them a few years back. They say Port Orleans Resort on them. Its good for both, right?

Post Thanks / Like

As far as I know the mugs are good only for the visit they are bought during.
    It didn't used to be that way, but we noticed a few years ago the sign that says they good only for the current visit.
    I have seen people with older mugs and no one says anything to them. But I would be embarrassed to be approached about it.

Post Thanks / Like

At ASMU we just went up to the drink station and filled them ourselves. No real lines to speak of.
    The mugs are supposed to only be good for the current visit. But I saw one lady with about 5 different styles and no one said anything to her, except me of course. And even then, I just said "wow, were did you get the different styles? I thought they were all the same currently"? She just snarled at me and walked away. With full mugs of course!
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figgyluv03 View Post
    I still have mine from All Star Sports from back in 2000 when I was there on my senior trip. They said it's good at any of the all stars when I came back. I know under the new plan, they are only good for that trip. Are the old cups still good? If not, I won't bother packing it. I don't do coffee and I don't drink soda, so I was thinking DBf could use it.
    We also have some of the old mugs from All Star Sports that do not have the new "valid for length of stay" message on them. We were told that we could continue to use those mugs at the All star Sports resort only.

Quote Originally Posted by incredimellos View Post
    I have the same question We have our POR mugs. Can we still use them at FQ? We got them a few years back. They say Port Orleans Resort on them. Its good for both, right?
    I am pretty sure the mugs you have are the newer ones that are only valid for length of stay. I am pretty sure they went to length of stay mugs right after they changed from Dixie Landings... I am sure someone else knows for sure though.
    Anyway, those mugs are only good for POR. They were never shared mugs with POFQ.

I always by new mugs... I have so many it is crazy. I love drinking hot chocolate or coffee in them at home. I just pick a mug, fix my drink, then look at the mug to see where I am going.... and it brings me back to that vacation. I know, I am crazy... but DW is my happy place and I spend a lot of time there in my mind.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: