Quantcast It's that time of year for spooky stories - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PinkJJ View Post
    Ok Patti, your stories are completely freaking me out! Now, I too, like Doll, will be sleeping with the lights already on, just so they won't turn on by themselves.
    Okay, I feel assured now. At least I won't be the only one staying up late at night!
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RenDuran View Post
    Maybe Grandma could be a little more quiet at 3 AM!
    haha yeah grandma wake me up so early lol

i think she gets hungry and gets a snack hehe
    Looking Forward to the Future...
    Nah its not easy, No one said it would be,But look behind ya, yeah im still here ;-)

aka/Piratesrider

Post Thanks / Like

I've had several run ins with ghost over the years. From a haunted battleground (converted into a park) near our house, to seeing things float through my room at night, but I can't say I have ever been scared none of them seemed to be malevolent, except one. Probably close to ten or twelve years ago, my now wife then girlfriend and myself were helping some of my childhood friends clean out their grandmother's house who had passed recently. This was not a very pleasant woman when she was alive always gave you the feeling you were not wanted around her. This was a huge house three stories tall and a full basement where one of her daughters and her son used to live (wouldn't let them into the rest of the house). The house was wall to wall junk that had been accumalated, I have heard of pack rats, but this was extreme, and the whole time we were there you just had a feeling that you were being watched and you were not wanted. As we finished up for the day my now wife and myself were walking along the side of the house towards the front by ourselves when we both stopped dead in our tracks and without talking looked up. Two stories up in what would have been her bedroom there she was sitting in by the window glaring down at us with the evilest most malevolent look I have ever seen. We both moved as quickly as we could around to where the rest of the group was waiting. We didn't tell anyone what we saw thats just the kind of stuff people don't want to know about their grandmothers, but we didn't go back in and we didn't come back to help anymore. I feel very sorry for whoever was going to be moving in there. They were not going to have a good experience.

Post Thanks / Like

When I was 13 years old, my younger and only sister died. She was 11. She had cerebral palsy and was never able to walk or talk. It took years for my Dad to be able to talk about her, but when he could he told me this story. The afternoon of the day she died, he went into her bedroom alone. While there, he heard a little girl's voice say "I'm Ok, Dad" -- he went out into the hallway, thinking it was me. I was nowhere around. As he walked back into her room he again heard "Dad -- I'm fine".

I look at this as a beautiful gift from God to my Dad.....not only was He letting Dad know his baby was alright, but He allowed my Dad to hear his daughter speak for the first time.
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden's Dad View Post
    Two stories up in what would have been her bedroom there she was sitting in by the window glaring down at us with the evilest most malevolent look I have ever seen. We both moved as quickly as we could around to where the rest of the group was waiting. We didn't tell anyone what we saw thats just the kind of stuff people don't want to know about their grandmothers, but we didn't go back in and we didn't come back to help anymore. I feel very sorry for whoever was going to be moving in there. They were not going to have a good experience.
    Someday you are gonna see a made for TV movie about this house!!!
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

OOOOoooOOoooOooooo Hayden's Dad! That house has it's very own sentinel.

Jp, anymore stories to share??

I'll try to finish my story up here in time for Halloween..

My Mom and step Father had moved away from the farm for a few years to work in the oil industry in Alberta. When I was 19 they returned to the old farm in Quebec to retire.. sadly my step father died during the first year. My then boyfriend (later to become my husband) and I went to stay at the farm while my Mother traveled for 6 months.

Upon arriving my BF felt the house was a bit creepy. I showed him around the attic and took him to the cemetery and told him about my light incidents.. One night he woke my up to tell me he could hear the rocking chair down stairs squeaking as it rocked. I replied "Yes, it is rocking isn't it?". Well I thought he was going to flee right then and there. Poor guy was scared silly and after having fun with him for quite some time I told him the cat had probably just jumped out of it. He decided that sounded feasible and went back to sleep.

Next morning, I woke up only to find the cat had been locked outside all night. (I never did tell him that.) Two weeks later.. I was awaken by the light coming on in the hall. I woke him up and and suggested he search the house, but there was nobody. I kind of knew there wouldn't be.

So.. over the years this light problem continued and I have since lost count of the lights in my life. The only connection seems to be that they come on when I am stressed. So, I have decided to accept it as a comfort rather than a threat.. My husband and children (except Zac) have all been witness to the lights coming on. We don't even check for anything anymore, we just turn the light back out.

One night I was out with friends (a couple) who I'm very close to and I thought I would share my light story with them .. no sooner did I finish, when a pot light that had been off over our heads came on.

Should have seen their faces!!
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds to me Patricia it is you causing the lights not a ghost or any other spectere.

Don't know if that is better or worse.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    I'll try to finish my story up here in time for Halloween..
    Does anyone else get the sense that it's patti who's haunted?

- backs away slowly -

I don't have any cool ghost stories. But I did have a cousin who had a friend whose brother had a prosthetic limb filled with cereal. (Back in the day, physicians filled prosthetics with all kinds of stuff.) His prosthesis looked just like a real arm and you could only tell it was filled with cereal if the wind was right.

Well, sadly, that guy died and was buried in a graveyard behind an old farm house somewhere in Quebec. And would you believe that graverobbers came and stole his artificial arm? To this day, people say that on nights just like this, you can still hear the ghost of that boy roaming the farmlands, wailing... "Wheeeeere's my Luuuuuucky Chaaaaarms???"

Ricks (who shouts "You've got it!")
    Zut alors! I have missed one!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a half decent story to tell. It happened today... in the school bathroom. There was the sound of running water... like a leaky sink. I was the only one who was using the water, and none of the faucets were running. The things are the kind where you have to push them for them to work, and when I was done with it, it went back on then off. At the same time, ( I was the only one in the bathroom still ) the stall doors started to slam at the end of the row... I think that a little ghost wanted a good laugh.
    Philly Eagles Fan! Red Sox Fan! Celtics Fan!

Post Thanks / Like

Patti, after reading all your stories, I have only one question to ask....what are your electric bills like with all those lights always turning on?
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

Post Thanks / Like

Jp, anymore stories to share??
    Ok this one is creepy

I came home from work one day and was listening to my messages on my answering machine. I had a few the first 2 were uneventful nothing out of the ordinary just hi it's so and so call me back blah blah blah. Well the 3rd one started out this way but at the end got very strange. My friend had called and left her standard message and you clearly hear the phone hang up on her end as she put the receiver down. Well her last words on the message was Talk to you later bye after she hung up there was about a second or 2 before the machine cut off the call and you heard a distinct whispery voice say a long drawn out "Byyyyeeeee" Now I have a digital nswering machine so it couldn't be a remnant recoring layered on to the tape this often happened on the older tape machines. The only external microphone on the machine is activated when you record your outgoing message or a memo. The voice didn't really sound like anyone fro m her family as I am familiar with all of them and would have picked up on that and you heard her phone disconnect before the voice. I played the message for quite a few people and it freaked every single one of them out. Afew even said noway that voice is living person. Now the strangest part is that i caught it at all usually after I hear who called and what they wanted I skip to the next message but since this was the last one on the machine and i was doing other things I just let it play. Make me wonder if this happens alot or was it a one time shot and where exactly did the voice come from

Well that's all for now

"BByyyyyeeeeeee"
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Jp!! I got goosebumps reading that. Creepy, creepy.

Yes, my kids agree with everyone that it is me causing the problem. But I have no control over it. I do try to maintain a stress free lifestyle.

To answer the power bill question. The one lamp that most frequently came on in the night, is now living (unplugged) in my garage. It's actually for sale..

"Wanna buy a lamp?"

Tricks.. very funny story.

My favorite Halloween Joke, for obvious reasons..
    Q: Where do baby ghosts go during the day?
    A: Day scare!
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

"Wanna buy a lamp?"
    Would it be a good byyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeee?(a little play on words from JP's post)
    Sonja

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    "BByyyyyeeeeeee"

Post Thanks / Like

JP, I read your BByyyyyeeeeeee story last night right before I went to bed. I was the last one to bed and since your story really gave me chills and scared me, I was the one turning on the lights all the way up the stairs.
    I am a woman of many moods and they all require chocolate.

Post Thanks / Like

You sure Patti wasn't turning on the lights for you
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

This is not really spooky but a little strange. As most of you guys know my father-n-law passed away last Dec. He loved to buy our DD stuff animals. About two weeks ago my DW and DD were leaving the grocery store. They were just about walk out the door and all of a sudden music started playing. At first my DW thought she had won a grocery shopping spree or something . But it was one of those machines that have stuffed animals in them. As they walked by it lit up with lights and music started playing…and the “claws” started moving by it’s self…it stopped went down and picked up…(you know how hard it is to pick up things with that claw)…a blue animal that my DW could not even recognize, and it dropped in the little bin thing. My DD looked at my DW and asked can I have it? At first she didn’t know what to do. So she said go ahead and take it. Later that day she showed our DS, and he said, “Hey cool that’s a Blue Devil”. Well our DS’s football team is the Blue Devils. My father-n-law could not wait to see him play but was never able to. We took the little blue devil to our first playoff game this past weekend and won 19-18. So the little blue devil will be going to all the games now! It was all a little odd??? Or was it???
    Zip A Dee Doo Dah…Zip A Dee Day
    More Disney Fun Is On The Way
    Stay Tuned For Lots Of Fun Things
    To Zip A Dee Doo During Your Stay
    Up Next ~ Water Parks! Retro Resort TV

If you can't be there...be here!

Now Wishing I Was Standing In Line

Post Thanks / Like

That is a weird story, but in a happy sort of way!
    Sonja

Post Thanks / Like

Cool stories guys! Even though Halloween is over I still get creeped out.. Once when I watched a horror movie it freaked me out so much I had to sleep in with Mouse for a week.. That's about my best scary story, and you can tell I haven't been around scary places much
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

Is it weird that after reading Patti's posts about lights, that I'm half expecting Patti to say "I see lights, people!"

(Referring to Sixth Sense's "I See Dead People" famous quote).
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: