Quantcast Pal Mickey

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Pal Mickey

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pal Mickey

I know that many people have asked about this but i need to know these things.

Number 1. Is he that annoying as everybody says he is?

Number 2. Does he Ever stop talking?

Number 3. Does he give you interesting trivia? Or is it something everybody knows like (The Park closes at...) or (The parade starts at...)

I just want to know

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one, so I should help you out here:

1. Yes, to me, he gets very annoying after a while.

2. He does stop talking sometimes. But you can't really even walk off POTC without him vibrating just to say, "Wow...we made it!".

3. He does give you different trivia )plus show times, ect...)
    ºoº Matt | DisFan01 ºoº

"Playful spooks have interrupted our tour..."

Post Thanks / Like

We really enjoy our Pal Mickey (and I fought off buying one for two trips!)

# 1. no, he isn't that annoying. If he really starts bugging you, turn him off for a while!

# 2. yes, we didn't find that he talked enough!

# 3. he does tell some cool things...he reminds you of parade times, etc, but also lets you know when some lines are short, and DD loves the games and the triva questions.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

i think he's fun. i've had 2. first one broke after two years and is now a regular stuffed toy.
    once there was a princess who never let her imagination stop her from dreaming up scenes and stories as she walked around the park.
    so if you ever see someone talking to herself, that would be me.

Celestria
    p.s. i may be a disney fan, but i can't spell.

Post Thanks / Like

oh yeah, about my two years, he went 4 times in 2 years plus games at home. he was definatly used enough to pay off all of his expense
    once there was a princess who never let her imagination stop her from dreaming up scenes and stories as she walked around the park.
    so if you ever see someone talking to herself, that would be me.

Celestria
    p.s. i may be a disney fan, but i can't spell.

Post Thanks / Like

Pal Mickey only talks if you squeeze him when he vibrates, or if you start playing a game with him. Pal Mickey did us the favor of telling us that Test Track had no line two different days. We also enjoyed the trivia PM shared as we walked into a new country in World Showcase.

Amy

"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousefever View Post
    We also enjoyed the trivia PM shared as we walked into a new country in World Showcase.
    That's what we liked best about PM. He usually had something as you walked into each country and it was trivia that wasn't posted anywhere, that we could find anyway.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

My son was 10 when Pal Mickey came out. We bought one that year during our trip and he LOVED it!!!

While PM can be fun for adults, kids in the 7yo to 12yo age range seem to love him.

Post Thanks / Like

We have had ours for a while now, and I really do not find him annoying at all... most of the time, you really do not even realize that he is talking until you really pay attention
    Sometimes it is information that would amaze you...l others it is times, which can be cool at times

Post Thanks / Like

I also have 2 PM. We like him. I do not notice him talking to much because my DD has him most of the time. We don't take him everyday to the parks but he is always fun the first few days.
    3/04 CS
    1/05 Pop Century
    12/05 CB
    1/07 WL
    8/07 Pop Century
    1/08 AKL
    08/08 pop
    1/09 pop & ss
    4/09 Pop for DD 8th b-day
    8/09 AKL (welcome home)
    1/10 AKL jambo house
    1/11 AKL jambo
    8/11 Beach Club
    04/12 Lake Buena Vista Suites
    08/12 AKL jambo house

Post Thanks / Like

great for kids they will get attached but adults want to stiffle the thing at times! "gotta love "
    WDW79, DL 81,82,83,91, WDW "2006 on site WDW "2007" off site WDW "2008" cruise 4days WDW "2008" off site 7days, "2009" off site 7 full days 7/21 to 7/29 "whos counting"

Post Thanks / Like

I have an original 1.0 Pal Mickey from 2003 , I loved using him that trip! All the tips he gave about lines, parades etc. was great! Now he hasn't been in WDW for a few years . . .does anyone know where he can get "upgraded"? I thought I remember reading somewhere you could bring him into certain retail locations in WDW for this service . . .or is it when you bring him into the parks he automatically gets this update service via IR?
    “More Disney Visits than my Fingers can Count”

THERE ARE MANY VISTS DURING THE 70’s–90’s TO MANY TO LIST THE "EARS"!
    NEXT TRIP: 11/2018 - Yacht and Beach Club
    Touring the World:
    WDW-1978, DL-1993, DCL -1998, DLP- 2001

Post Thanks / Like

We also have an original PM. I think he's broken. We have replaced the batteries many times, but his voice sounds like the monorail at the Jersey Shore (a very regional reference, I know, but those familiar will understand). We haven't been to WDW in 3 years, and my DS5 is very attached to Mickey. He does want a new one. What do they look like now?

Post Thanks / Like

We have the current Pal Mickey, and we just got back to WDW. My wife got annoyed with him, and my DS (at almost 4) is not yet ready to carry him around all day, so Pal Mickey would get turned off from time to time.

I enjoyed having it around, and my son loved all the games and songs. In general, I think it is one of those things that you will either love or hate; there does not appear to be much middle ground.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: