Quantcast Nutritional Info for Resturants?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Nutritional Info for Resturants?

I was wondering if resturants have to be able to provide nutritional info on all their food? I had the understanding that they did but my local olive garden only has a shortened nutritional info but it does not include what I need to know on my new diet my doctor has me on. Anyone have any info on this? I need carb counts on food. Only allowed 45 grams per meal. I wrote olive garden and they said that they don't offer a full nutritional info on their food.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There are other sites that good nutritional information on the more popular chain restaurants. Google "diabetic nutrition" and you might find some. Maybe some of the Atkins sites might have listings as well. You can find a resource that I've used (for Weight Watchers), by googling "Dotty's Weight Loss Zone."

Good luck!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Because my DS7 is a type-1 diabetic we also need carbs. There isn't a list with all of the carbs on it, but I talked to the folks at Disney's food service and they sent me some stuff that was really helpful. if you would like it send me a PM with your email and I'll forward it on to you.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if restaurants post nutritional values in obvious places, but they have to give you that information of you ask for it.

McDonalds are now putting NV's on the box for sandwiches and fried, and let me tell you, 1500 calories and 35 g. of fat just isn't worth it.

Whether you're on Weight Watchers or not, buy their companion guide that gives you NV's for every fast food or sit down chain restaurants for every item on their menu. It's a real eye opener
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    You can find a resource that I've used (for Weight Watchers), by googling "Dotty's Weight Loss Zone."

Good luck!
    That's the site I was going to suggest - she's got great information on hundred's of restaurants and store items. But if you google it, it's Dotti's Weight Loss Zone.
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

They don't HAVE to provide it yet, but many restuarants that serve food that is ALWAYS the same portion/ingredients will provide it on request.

However, many full service restaurants simply cannot provide accurate info due to the variances among individual chefs with regards to serving size/cooking methods/ingredients. Although most restaurants have guidelines/standards that the chefs/cooks must follow, many times the serving size, in particular, does not stay uniform, which greatly skews the nutritional info of the dish.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: