Quantcast I'm alright (California Fire thread) - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I"m watching KTLA right now and i just feel sick for everyone. It's tearing me up knowing we are going down there for fun while people are losing everything.
    Last visit to Disneyland : Oct/07
    WDW: Sept/06!!

Dreaming of the next trip...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep your radios on too!

Most of our local radio stations switched to news only for the days during our fire. They kept us up to the minute on streets being asked to evacuate. If you haven't been evacuated yet and you have a video camera, tape the interior of your house so you can remember what you may need to for insurance purposes later. No video camera, take pictures. Also, pack your families video films and photos in your car trunk if you can. I also took all the original art work off my walls, some of our clothes and I let each kid take a box of personal items. At the last minute I thought to take a small TV with built in video and a Nintendo system for the kids to play.. that was a smart move later when we were stuck in a hotel room together for a week... stressed right out.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember that fire Patti. I'm glad you made it through w/o losing your house.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by terri.m View Post
    I It's tearing me up knowing we are going down there for fun while people are losing everything.
    I know the feeling I went to WDW right after a major Hurricane a few years ago and listening to some locals talking about the damage to their homes and what they lost while my big worry was the line for SM was too long
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

So Happy to hear that you all are still ok. I'm glad we have this board to find out about our VMK friends when things like this are happening. Thinking about all of you and hoping these fires can be controlled very soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad everyone is safe - please keep in touch with us here with updates.

As always - our little VMK Inside Out Community cares for each other, especially during times when we need the support.

Hope the fires situation is dealt with real soon and that a 'normal' situation can be returned to sooner rather than later.
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone on the west coast, please update us with hopefully good news that this thing will finally die down.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I could fan, but not yet. More homes in Lake Arrowhead and San Diego are threatened. Interstate 5 alone Camp Pendleton was closed over night because of a fire (connector between LA and San Diego). I heard southbound lanes were opened up (hopefuly for north and south). Up to 1500 homes destroyed with that number probably going up. I just read this:

An unmanned NASA aircraft outfitted with high-tech imaging equipment took off Wednesday from Edwards Air Force Base on Wednesday for a 10-hour flight to help firefighters locate hotspots. Pilots at NASA Dryden Flight Research Center were remotely controlling the aircraft, outfitted with a thermal-infrared imaging system capable of seeing through thick smoke.

We've been told stay in doors when possible and people not to exercise. What I'm looking at outside my window right now is an orange sun and what would look like a picture from a dust bowl storm. We can't open our windows or the dust is all over the place. Forget the cars. We are all living on Claritin and nose sprays. The latest satellite picture shows the smoke stream going over us into the pacific. But I'm so glad we aren't in a burn area.

We're hoping Varcity can make it over the Grape Vine on friday with no problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Cat, I am so glad you are not in a burn area either. I will keep my fingers crossed for Varcity.
    Charyl Lee

Next Trip: November 14th 7 day Western Caribbean Cruise and 11 days at WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently word of this was on the national news in Scotland this morning (UK time) & I was called asking how bad it was. I told the wife that I was getting regular updates from here (folks actually on the front of it). She said as well some story over there said that LAX was delaying & even cancelling some flights? Anybody know about this?
    AKA: FlyingIceman - Ice Rocker
    DLR every Summer from '67 - '76
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04
    WDW Christmas '04 (ASMusic)
    WDW Christmas '06 (Pop Century)

DLR Oct. '07 (Paradise Pier)

WDW Sept. '08 (ASMovies & PO French Quarter)
    Next Trip? Christmas '10

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wizardmickey View Post
    Apparently word of this was on the national news in Scotland this morning (UK time) & I was called asking how bad it was. I told the wife that I was getting regular updates from here (folks actually on the front of it). She said as well some story over there said that LAX was delaying & even cancelling some flights? Anybody know about this?
    I didn't see any delays. Now its possible instead of coming thru Lake Arrowhead which is that long stretch from east to west. They might go north and take you the route in the way they do from San Francisco. The airports I believe that would have more trouble is Ontario, John Wayne, and Burbank. Since they are closer to those fires.

Post Thanks / Like

Other for beening hot over here. We are ok. No Smoke in the air the wind is not blowing. We almost open our front door last night but we figure it was still to warm outside. I haven't hear anything over at Disneyland on what there skys look like or anything. Me and my mom do believe that this sat they may not do any fireworks at DL so don't give up hopes of seening them on sat.
    DLand character wanted list.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my! Sorry I haven't been posting, things are so busy. Glad that everyone's alright, fires can be pretty scary! Be safe everyone, and don't forget that you have a water hose!
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

are u alright Doll from the fires.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy I'm alright (California Fire thread)

I hope you all are okay. what you all need is a nice big thunderstorm. Can't imagine what you all are going through. i know we had a big forest fire along time ago and it destroyed alot of stuff. Hope they find the person who started the fire and put that person in jail. are alot of places in lake arrowhead ok? i have a favorite figure skater i watch every year on tv and her family lives in california. i hope her family is ok.
    VMK Title Alpharanda
    small worlds Miressa randie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wizardmickey View Post
    Ice I'm at the hotel waiting to fly out in 5 hrs from now. I'll post here when we get to our hotel and let you know if there were any delays.

Have a safe flight!

Post Thanks / Like

Our LA Guy here in the office said his uncle has been on top of he's roof for days now just keeping the roof and house wet as ambers float all around. Luckily he had moved his fire barrier of about an acre away from his house earlier this year. He said that if he or some of his neighbors had left those ambers would have landed on the house and he would of lost it.

Thanks for the updates. This is awful what’s going on out there. Be safe guys!
    Zip A Dee Doo Dah…Zip A Dee Day
    More Disney Fun Is On The Way
    Stay Tuned For Lots Of Fun Things
    To Zip A Dee Doo During Your Stay
    Up Next ~ Water Parks! Retro Resort TV

If you can't be there...be here!

Now Wishing I Was Standing In Line

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Randypandy View Post
    are alot of places in lake arrowhead ok? i have a favorite figure skater i watch every year on tv and her family lives in california. i hope her family is ok.
    I think I know who you are talking about since I've been to that training center up there. Her family actually has their home here by me since her folks had a business in the area. They probably have a 2nd home up there. That whole area was evacuated on Monday since everybody had to come down the hill. I know Running Springs took a big hit, but not sure about the Arrowbear/Blue Jay area.

The air outside seems to be a little better today. We still can't open our windows with all the dust in the air.

MKWalt give your friend our best.

Two more days Tea. Woot! Woot!

Post Thanks / Like

Planes are still flying into LAX. However, most airlines are waiving fees (in eight airports) to anyone not wishing to travel into the area at this time. There is still a booking time that must be met for any changed flights.

My relatives all seem to either live in safe areas or evacuated to Redondo on Monday. Unlike the chaos during Katrina I have all of them accounted for this time.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

For once today send the fires began we got to open all of our doors for about 6 1/2 hours before the it got warm out here. So it looks like everything over here is back but our water right now. I when to change water hold for i could fell the duck's water up and when I did the pipe broke off and I got a fast shower in that. Are next door naber just came over to fix it. I also got to mow the yard today to. So were back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: