Quantcast I'm alright (California Fire thread)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm alright (California Fire thread)

As most of you know like Chescat does. Califorina is having a big wind and fire problems as we speak. Yesturday about 3 pm my time my mom had call me and said we had a power go out cause of the wind. We just got our power back about an hour ago. So that is about 24 hours after it when out. There has been smoke coming our way but we are save right now. I just want to let u all know from Cat to JP, Doll and the rest of u that's I am save. Will see most of u this Sat. They say the winds should stop by tues wed at 4 pm the most. But with the fires who knows.

P.s. I just got my new photo today from Disney Photo Pass and here it is.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...0Photos/26.jpg
    DLand character wanted list.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Genie, I was gonna call you today when I saw the fires by you. Also verified SparkleMeTink is okay as of last night. Just a lot of smoke. And everything is just covered in soot. Main thing is for everybody to stay in doors with your windows closed. I'm hoping RainyDaisy was able to get home today. They had to go through the pass up there. I need to check on them later.

How are the winds out there? Saw yesterday somewhere near Laguna clocked 108 mph winds. Was about 40mph winds at DLR yesterday when we were trying to walk around.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear my West Coast friends are Safe

Lots of heading your way for a quick end to the fires.

Hmm maybe I should send instead of
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Winds right now I think are about 40 to 50mph Some of are naber [ms] trees as one of ours fell over. Not to much damage but still. Are McDonalds,Carl's Jr. liquor and Carrow place lost power to. So they lost alot of busness with in 24 hours. Don't know if there running back up or not. So it's bad here. Oh cat at the time we had no phone really but are cell which wasn't to good.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

hey genie, glad you are safe.
    sure have been thinking of you and the others today.
    and i hope you guys will be ok.
    Looking Forward to the Future...
    Nah its not easy, No one said it would be,But look behind ya, yeah im still here ;-)

aka/Piratesrider

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're doing ok so far Genie

I was just reading that at least 300,000 people have been chased away and that the dozen wildfires had burned 1,200 homes and businesses and set 245,957 acres --384 square miles — ablaze.

Thats nuts. Hope all you guys are staying safe.
    Paging Mr.Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived.
    Please give them a ring.

Post Thanks / Like

We are Tom but I'm a little worry about my friend he lives in San Deigo and about 500 homes are gong
    '

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I haven't heard about Parrot yet. She's down in San Diego. She was due to be evacuated late last night. She raises parrots, so has to move 1500 parrots.

Hockey Fan said she knew somebody that just retired down there and had already lost her home. That's so sad.

I just had to go outside to walk to another building. As far as I am from the fires its awful. My eyes are burning, can't breath from the smoke, and if you stand for a few minutes you got ash all over you. So can't imagine how bad it is for you Genie. One of my boss's house is by the Portola fire and we don't know why he came int work the last few days. We keep telling him to go home.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad you are ok genie, i've been worried about you all day.

Cat stay safe too!
    Last visit to Disneyland : Oct/07
    WDW: Sept/06!!

Dreaming of the next trip...

Post Thanks / Like

My sad thing is with my best friend is I don't have a phone number for him anymore to call and see and I lost his address to so can't write to him ether.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad your all safe for now when I saw those fires I was a bit worried its terrible how much they are burning. Hopefully it will all stop soon.

Here's some and lots of To stop the fires.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you well Genie!

Stay safe everyone! Try not to spend too much time outside in the smoke.

Having been through the Kelowna fire storm, I can tell you... if they say evacuate now, get out! Some of us only had ten minute warnings when our forest fire changed direction. Of course, I panicked a week before and had everything out of my house I wanted.. when it was time to evacuate, we only had to get in our car and drive to our rescue station for further direction.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

We heard over the radio a couple hours that the amount of acreage burned in southern california was the size of the city of Chicago.

We've been told that evacation time was they are give you 15 mins to clear out when the warning comes. Also for a while we needed to limit any cell phone calls so that emergency personel could get their calls. I don't know if that's still true today.

Genie can you go online and check the white pages and try your friend's name. Might be able to find them that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Cat.. in our case, we were asked to limit our phone use during the entire fire as emergency crews were trying to keep the lines open.

The amount of fire fighters communicating during a fire of that magnitude is amazing.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are safe Genie. I am so sorry for everyone that is affected by the fires. I wish you all the best of luck.
    Charyl Lee

Next Trip: November 14th 7 day Western Caribbean Cruise and 11 days at WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

513,000 people in San Diego County received mandatory evacuation orders and an 12,000 people had been advised to leave their homes.

There are 14 seperate fires from Mexico to north of L.A.. Do they have an idea of what started any of them?
    Paging Mr.Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived.
    Please give them a ring.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to be spoiling anybody's fun. We just heard they are predicting these fires to be going on for 5-10 more days. So all you guys coming out for the weekend better keep in mind when your doing your planning. The winds will be gone but the smoke will be an issue for lungs and eyes.

The good news is the weather is suppose to drop from 90's down to 70's by Friday.

Malibu was a downed power line. The Orange County one was arson. They set 3 different fires all at an entrance/exit to a community and a fireman training place there. I hope they burn that person/persons alive for doing this. Another one in the indian reservation was a house fire. Rest I haven't heard. Also heard they are evacuating some houses now at Camp Pendleton.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad everyone is safe!! I have been thinking about you guys out there!!

Zip A Dee Doo Dah…Zip A Dee Day
    More Disney Fun Is On The Way
    Stay Tuned For Lots Of Fun Things
    To Zip A Dee Doo During Your Stay
    Up Next ~ Water Parks! Retro Resort TV

If you can't be there...be here!

Now Wishing I Was Standing In Line

Post Thanks / Like

Here's some important information for people in our area that may need to be evacuated.

The emergency office is using what they call a reverse 911 call. They send the phone call through your phone and tell you, you got 15 mins or so to evacuate. Or whatever important message they need you to know.

An issue that has occured is people that only have cell phones or internet phones and not regular in house phones (AT&T, whatever) are not getting those messages, so the police will come knocking at your door saying leave now. If you don't have an in house line, stay in touch with your neighbors so they can let you know.

Thought and prayers going out to those affected, my list of friends or work people is growing as we speak. So far just on the evacuated list, but not sure if lost list.

Post Thanks / Like

This is beyond awful peeps! I feel for the whole lot of ya. I'm hoping that this passes quickly & with a minimal amount of additional damage... and yes, selfishly I hope it doesn't affect the plans not only of me & mine but all of the others on their way there soon.
    AKA: FlyingIceman - Ice Rocker
    DLR every Summer from '67 - '76
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04
    WDW Christmas '04 (ASMusic)
    WDW Christmas '06 (Pop Century)

DLR Oct. '07 (Paradise Pier)

WDW Sept. '08 (ASMovies & PO French Quarter)
    Next Trip? Christmas '10

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: