Quantcast Our 1st time & Only Trip to WDW - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope you have an amazing trip! You certainly sound like you deserve it!!
    1999 Coronado Springs
    2007 Pop Century
    May 4-11, 2008 Coronado Springs

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Aww..I love those kind of stories. I hope you two have an awesome time! I'm sure you will!! Disney is such a magical time. I've been there almost 20 times, and i'm only 24..LOL! I'm from Indiana, but we have a house in Orlando, so that's why ive been so many times. I don't think i'll ever get sick or worn out of Disney...it's an awesome place to be!
    Enjoy your time there!!
    [I][B]1983--Mom's tummy
    1987-1994- Orlando house
    1995- CBR
    1996- POR
    1999- CBR
    2000- CBR
    2000- DL Resort
    2005- Off-Site --Never again!
    October 2011- Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that gave me a lump in my throat

I'm sure you'll have a great time at WDW - and you surely have earned it! My wife and I did our second honeymoon at Disney (after 25 years and never a proper honeymoon before that), and it was the perfect place for us.

Have a great time, and I'm looking forward to a "virgin" trip report!
    1st visit: summer of 1974
    ...many visits through the 80s, 90s, 00s...
    ***last visit: May 2 - 5, 2009 - Pop Century *** - Epcot Flower and Garden Fest / my birthday
    ***coming up: Fall 2009 - *** - Epcot Intl Food and Wine Fest
    GO RAYS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been lurking around here at Intercot for a long, long time. I don't remember when post touched me like yours did. I am a Dad just like you, with kids about the same age as yours. I have been to WDW (and many other Disney park world-wide) so many times, I have lost count. Yes, I STILL get excited every time I go, but it is also so exciting to watch OTHERS experience it for the first time. I wish I could be a "fly on the wall" as you and your wife have dinner in the Castle. It truly warms my heart to think about it.

Here's hoping you have the TIME OF YOUR LIFE. And also, here's hoping this WON'T be your last time, but the first of many wonderful trips to The Happiest Place On Earth (actually, that's Disneyland, but you will think it is WDW too!)
    "I wanted something alive, something that could grow. Something I can keep plussing with ideas. You see? The park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing. The thing will get more beautiful every year."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! You made me misty-eyed! I can't wait for your dream to come true (and hear about it in the trip reports!).

Anticipation is half of the fun so enjoy it!!

30 days for me - I'm in HIGH anticipation mode
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Sending you for a magical trip and hopes that you never stop dreaming. Personally I wouldn't go to the party twice b/c it is expensive and there is so much other stuff to do.
    You never know what life has in store for you. You may find yourself bring grandkids there one day!
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pixie dust for you!

Ribeyespud, Thank you for sharing your story. I know you & your wife will make some incredible Disney memories. If you haven't already seen the disneyparks website, check it out & go to the 'Meet the Dream Makers' section. Personally, I think you should have a video there as well!! I'm so excited for you & your wife & hope to hear more!

Post Thanks / Like

Ribeyespud -

Wow!! I am so excited for you and your wife!! Talk about memories. You should take the videocam and film some of the trip, but don't let it take over the vacation. You can then take your snippets of video and have it edited in to a short video that you can use to remember your trip and share it with your friends and family for the rest of your life.

You will have the time of your life no matter what you decide to do as everything at WDW is a great time!! The most important part of it is being able to be a kid again with your true love. I am loving our trips to WDW and DL with my kids, but I look forward to taking a trip again with just my wife. Couldn't do it now as the kids would NEVER forgive us!!

Have a wonderful trip and !!!
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with Meet the Dream Makers

Tinkergal (or anyone who reads this) can you please help me find the "Meet the Dream Makers" on the Disney website? I have tried to follow your idea, but I must not be looking in the right spot. I called Disney and the lady I spoke with though she tried couldn't help me. Thanks for any help, and again so nice to meet you all and thanks for all the wishes and thoughts

Post Thanks / Like

I'm absolutely thrilled for you and the amazing vacation your and your wife are going to share, Ribeyespud! You don't need any advice...if anything we should all take a page out'a your book. Like you, I enjoy the anticipation as the vacation approaches (my WDW vacation is 11 days and 22 hours away). I enjoyed reading about the things your doing to ramp up the Disney anticipation, as I can really relate! I look forward to hearing all about your realizing all your Disney dreams, and I couldn't be happier for you! You do deserve it!

EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you two have the greatest trip. You got me all teared up now. Please be sure to give us a trip report upon your return. This should be a truly magical trip full of happiness and memories!

If you got to disneyparks.com you will see a box on the left hand side of your screen that says, Meet the Dream Team.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Natomas, California = 2908 miles from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Ribeyespud, Now that I've wiped my tears away To Intercot and for your wonderful story. I also wish I could be a fly on the wall watching the two of you find each others child in Disney World.

You deserve the time of your life and I hope that this isn't your last but first of many trips with her and your family.

Averyone on this board is amazing and the help spills from these people so ask lot's of questions let us help make this as magical as possible and we all can't wait to hear about your Magical Trip.

Post Thanks / Like

My dh and I just returned from our "first and only trip" to Disney World -- and he keeps asking me when we are going back. We went for our 30th anniversary (six months late) and we had a great time. Enjoy your trip and make memories. And I'll bet you'll come back and start asking, "So, when are we going back?"

Deb

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, to Intercot!!

Secondly, I hope you have the most MAGICAL trip with your DW... your post brought tears to my eyes!! That is so wonderful that you two will finally be able to be going, and that it means so much to you -- that is so terrific. I think what you are doing w/ the glass slipper is SO romantic... I bet she will love it.

My DH and I just got back from 4 days of magic, all on our own (our DD's are younger, but stayed back w/ Grandma) and it was the best trip we've ever taken.

I think you guys will have such a wonderful, memorable and special time together... you definitely will feel like kids again, and you'll come home with smiles that will last a lifetime.

Please, please write trip reports when you get back - I'll be looking for them, so we can share in the magic!!

Have a GREAT time!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Reading your post also brought tears to my eyes and reminded me of my first trip to WDW. I, like you, had dreamed of going to Disney World my whole life. When I was a kid on my birthday my wish when I blew out my candles was always "to go to Disneyland". Our family just never had that kind of money. Our vacations were usually day trips or visits to relatives close by. When I was in my early 20's I worked 3 jobs one summer and took my mother to Disneyland. It was a wonderful trip that I will never forget. Several years ago my grandmother suprised me and my daughter with a trip to WDW. It was the most amazing trip I had ever taken in my life. Honestly, I felt like I had "come home". Every minute of that trip was magical. To see my daughter's eyes light up when she saw Cinderella's Castle was something I will never forget.
    After that first trip I came home and decided that I was going to find a way to do it again. I found Intercot and other sites that help me learn how to be more cost effective and I saved and saved and saved so that we could go again...and again...and again.
    When you said that it was your "only" trip to WDW I laughed. I know you think you will never be able to afford it again but you will be suprised at what you can do when you put your mind to it. I have a feeling that you and your wife are going to want to bring your children back (even as old as they are) to experience it with them. You don't have to stay on-site, buy everything in sight, and spend a month there to have a good time but I can assure you that you will want to return...and with your kids.
    WDW is a very special place with magical powers. Once you go it is something you just can't seem to get out of your system. Well, okay there are a few people who go just once and say "okay, I have done that" and don't go back but honestly, I don't "get" those people.
    I sincerely hope that you have the trip of a life time. It sounds like you have waited long enough for it. I am going Thanksgiving. I will tell Mickey to be expecting you!
    Thanks again for sharing your story.
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

You and your wife are very blessed to have each other!! I loved reading your post and all the responses!! How awesome is this trip!! I love seeing the excitement in your posts and it is bringing me Disney magic just reading about this vacation of yours!! I think your plans sound wonderful and I am sure your wife is going to be thrilled with her glass slipper on her birthday!!

WELCOME to intercot....

Thanks for posting your excitement with us....

I am wishing you a fun filled, ramantic vacation filled with lots of magical moments!!

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Photopass Pre Trip Planning

Thanks to some great suggestions I discovered the Disney PhotoPass website and have been slowly creating a vacation book which is really cool. I have written a linking story about Tinker Bell using pixie dust to turn my wife and I young again while were checking in on vacation, I have all the page layouts done and put in a few pictures that I thought were well done from the web (inside pictures of some of the rides and the fireworks displays) the rest I will fill from our vacation. Thanks so much for all the helpful ideas and thoughts. Anyone who hasn't checked out the vacation book you can make I too would highly recommend it. I was going to do the Pal Mckey but due to the reviews I have read it sure sounds like the book and video is a better thing to do. Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Ribeyespud:
    I'm a current cast member at WDW and am very happy to hear that you've got such a wonderful trip planned

I only have one piece of advice tell -every- cast member and character you can how important this trip is. We all love making people smile (how could we work there and not love it) and will enjoy adding more magic to your trip. If you can, stop by Town Hall in the Magic Kingdom and pick up some "First Time Visitor" pins and a Birthday pin for your wife.

Have Fun ^_^

Post Thanks / Like

You'll have a great time!!!!!! Enjoy!
    1994 - Caribean Beach
    1996 - Boardwalk
    1999 - Caribean Beach
    2000 - Institute
    2001 - Beach Club
    2006 - Animal Kingdom lodge
    2008 - Boardwalk
    2015 - Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

well I hope you enjoy your trip which I am sure you will, it being "the most magical place on earth". Make sure you hit some things while your down there that will make your trip that much more romantic. In Disney Hollywood Studios (formerly Disney-MGM Studios): Without a doubt hit Fantasmic! beautiful and romantic show with live acting, pyrotechnics, water fountains, and oh yeah video images projected on screens! if you guys are thrill junkies go on Tower of Terror and Rockin' Roller Coaster. For Animal Kingdom: Kilimanjaro Safaries is a crowd favorite but go right when the park opens, then animals are more active, Festival of the lion king is an awesome show and Finding Nemo The Musical. again if you are a thrill junky then definately check out Expedition: Everest! In EPCOT: This is the park i worked at so i am sort of biased towards it haha but Soarin' is a MUST (the most popuated ride in all of disney world and it is not uncommon to see a wait time of 2+ hours, so go first thing when you get there and go right in or get a fastpass), some other things to do: the countried but in particular the French Pavilion and Moroccan Pavilion (the two most romantic). The Best part of EPCOT...well there are two best things. Besides you being able to go to 11 countries in one day without a passport, Illuminations:Reflections of Earth (which supposedly they are revamping or totally redoing in October (this month) i heard). It is an AMAING Firework Show. Magic Kingdom: ok there are sooo many things to list in here, some of which wont be available if you go on a Pirate and Princess Party Day. a few must do's - Mickey's Philharmagic, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Carribbean, Mad Tea Party, Peter Pan's Flight, Snow White's Scary Adventures, Jungle Cruise, Dumbo, The Magic Carpet's of Aladdin, The Enchanted Tiki Room, The Many Adventures of Winnie the pooh, Space Moutnain, Big Thunder Mountain, The Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor, and hall of presidents. Must see shows. Must see Shows - Dream Along With Mickey is a must see! SpectroMagic, very romantic (the evening parade that may not run on Pirate and Princess party Days), WISHES!, the most romantic firework show ever created (May not run on the Pirate and Princess Party Days).

as for Pirate and Princess Party. I had a blast. I went to the cast preview and then i went again later in the month with a girl i was dating at the time. We both had a blast!!! the rides are all open so you have a relatively shorter wait then during the day. The parade is cool and the fireworks are AWESOME! They have the perimeter fireworks in the show! (in other words fireworks are virtually all around you). It is totally worth the extra money in my opinion.

Hope this helps and hope you guys have a BLAST! i do have a kinda funny story. May parents are the same as you where it is just too expensive and that is understandable. But since i went down to work there they came down and they said "we're only coming down cuz your down there", they came down and are now planning their next trip. so here is my tip: get your 20 year old to go down for the college program
    ~disneydrama115

Former WDW College Program Alumni Jan-Aug '07

Pre-College Program
    Spring Break '06

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: