Quantcast Fantasy Football Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fantasy Football Question

We are in a family/friends fantasy football league, playing only for family pride and bragging rights (no money involved).

There are 10 teams in our league, and tight ends are a "tight" commodity. I have two, and have to start one. They are Alge Crumpler (Atlanta) and Greg Olsen (Chicago). Neither has done much this year, and both are projected for the same (small) number of points this week. Atlanta is playing New Orleans, and Chicago is playing Philadelphia.

Any opinions on who I should start? I'm ready to just flip a coin!

Thanks,
    Tammy

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Philly's defense has only given up six touchdowns in 5 games. I'm pretty sure New Orleans gave up six touchdowns in one game.

Start Crumpler.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Ian. Start Crumpler and don't look back.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Now Ian, aren't you starting Greg Olson in our league this week?

I agree that Philly's defense is tough. However, the Falcons announced that they are going to bench Joey Harrington in favor of Byron Leftwhich. There's no telling what they will do to Algie Crumpler's numbers. It could go huge, or he could not target him at all. Greg Olson, on the other hand, has seen an uptick in his performance since Griese became the starter. It really could go either way, and often when a new QB is inserted coaches like lots of short dump offs to the TE, but there is no way to know and I hate the unknown in fantasy football.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Default TE's ???

I have been playing FF for years...Long story short TE's rarely matter. If you dont have Tony Gonzalez, Anotonio Gates, or Jason Whitten, then flip a coin - in the end it probably will not matter....

Have fun!!!

Next Up: 06/2017 POLY
    06/2015 POFQ
    11/2013 WL
    06/2012 Swan
    09/2011 POP/WL
    11/2010 WL
    01/2010 HIEX Off-Site
    06/2009 CBR
    11/2007 PORS
    05/2006 POFQ
    10/1999 Beach Club/DCL Wonder
    06/1997 Beach Club
    06/1994 POFQ
    09/1992 CBR
    05/1980 Royal Plaza Hotel - Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I have Crumpler and it has been tough. I have given up on having a TE in my league anymore, and will just start him from now on. I think the last two weeks he has had a total of two catches for 13 yards.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I'd buck the trend and go with Olsen. Crumpler is just not getting any looks at all. I think Chicago might try to feature a TE this week to shake up the Philly D.

How about free agency? I like Scaife this week. Maybe Zach Miller too...
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

Lucky me, I have Antonio Gates and Heath Miller! Of course, TE and defense is about the only spot where my team is strong, so I'm not doing very well (I'm proud to say I'm 1 - 5), but that's another story. Between Crumpler and Olsen, I'd choose Crumpler despite his poor showing so far this season. I still think he has better odds with Leftwich than Olsen has with Griese. Good luck!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Now Ian, aren't you starting Greg Olson in our league this week?
    Only out of necessity.

Quote Originally Posted by KronkHere View Post
    I have been playing FF for years...Long story short TE's rarely matter. If you dont have Tony Gonzalez, Anotonio Gates, or Jason Whitten, then flip a coin - in the end it probably will not matter....
    Also good advice.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Same thing with kickers. You don't need the best one, just the one that gets the most looks in a game with a poor offense who can't get it in the endzone. The kickers seem to change that spot every week.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Alge Crumpler is listed as doubtful for Sunday's game. Nobody expects Atlanta to start him, so better start looking on the waiver wires for any kind of replacement.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Crumpler is listed as doubtful - either start Olsen or start looking for someone else!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I have Crumpler so I had to pick up Randy McMichael. He seems to be the best option that isn't on a team in a lot of leagues.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to play Olsen - the "best" available TEs left in our league are Matt Spaeth (Pittsburgh) and Eric Johnson (New Orleans), and neither are projected to do any better than Olsen.

Thanks for all the help and advice!

Tammy

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, Matt Spaeth might not be such a bad deal in a pinch - Ben Roethlisberger likes those big tight ends! If he's back and healthy, he'll pick up a few yards here and there and possibly even a score once in a while. It's all just the luck of the draw with TE's but he's a decent bye week option or injury replacement when necessary.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: