Quantcast Campire Sing-a-Long open to guests staying in Downtown Disney area??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Campire Sing-a-Long open to guests staying in Downtown Disney area??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone!

We were planning on doing the campfire sing-a-long on the 27th of this month.

Two questions:

1. We are staying at the Wyndham Palace in the Downtown Disney area. Since this is a non-Disney operated resort (but it's technically in WDW), can we still go?

2. We have ADRs for Artist Point at WL earlier that evening. Can we take the boat from WL to the Campground? If so, how do we get to the campire program once we are at Fort Wilderness?

Thanks!!!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you can take the boat from WL to FW. Just ask someone at FW the directions to the campfire - that would be your best bet. The campground is in loops and it is behind the 600 loop.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about the rules for that hotel, but we have know folks from other resorts to come to the campfire. You can catch the boat from WL to FW, or ride the bus. We like the boat better, as it adds a lot to the feel of the campground and WL. You can ride a bus almost anywhere else at Disney. From the Settlement area, ride an internal bus ( Purple does not go there, so catch Yellow or Orange) to the Meadows Trading Post. The campfire area is a short walk from the trading post
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the quick responses!

I guess I'll just try to call the campground directly to see if we will be allowed to attend being that we are staying at the Wyndam Palace.

Thanks again!

in a lavender cottage - I mixed this color to create this wild color
    Post Thanks / Like

I Read Somewhere That Port Orleans Riverside Has A Camp Fire With $5.00 Roasting Marshmellow Supplies - Feb
    Is This True???
    Anyone Know Or Have Been?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I personally can't remember if their picky about the campfire, but I don't think soo. You can catch the boat from WL to FW. Once at FW, It's a short walk past the marina to the bus stop. I can't remember which line it is that takes you to the Bike Barn, but look for the route that goes to the Bike Barn and/or Meadows Pool.
    AJ (A.K.A. Figaro)
    Former Walt Disney World Resort Cast Member

“I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.” - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

They do not ask if you are a Disney resort guest or not. We stayed at the Grosvenor last year for a few days and there was no problem at all. I think they just put that in there to discourage any and every one staying in Orlando from coming.

We will see you there on the 27th. It will be me and DH and DDs 3&4. I still haven't seen Narnia so I am looking forward to the movie. We are also going back on the 28th for Monsters Inc. (DD4's favorite movie)
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that you will have a problem either. We have never been asked where we are staying or even if we are guests while riding the bus system etc.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: