Quantcast 8 days at FW

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: 8 days at FW

Post Thanks / Like

Default 8 days at FW

We have been home a week since our 8 days at FW. This was our second stay at FW. We stayed in our small pop-up. We had a great time. Rain was not bad at all and the heat was not terrible. We came home and traded in our pop-up for a 28 ft travel trailer. We passed on the DVC for the new travel trailer. We booked again for Jan. I was very impressed with the custom golf carts. The roadster was our favorite.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

Hi I was thinking of doing 9 days in a tent in Sept 08. Do you think the weather is hot or ok? Also if I dont rent a golf cart are the buses in walking distance? And is it just as easy to get to the parks from FW as it is a a moderate resort?

Post Thanks / Like

We came home and traded in our pop-up for a 28 ft travel trailer. We passed on the DVC for the new travel trailer.
    First of all - congratulations on the upgrade. You'll love it!

Now for Tink's questions. The weather can definitely be pretty hot in September, better than August but not as nice as October. Buses are always just a short stroll away. Yes, it's quite easy to get to the parks from the Fort. Magic Kingdom is a boat ride away and the others are a bus ride or two away. When we go to Epcot, we take the boat to the Contemporary & the monorail from there to Epcot.

12 Days & counting 'til I'm back at the fort!!
    Happy Campers!
    Brad, Laurie, Lee 23, Evan 16 & pups Bailey & Molly, +1 crazy cat named Tyber

You spent three days lying on a beach, drinking rum?... Welcome to the Caribbean, Love. (ie. Elizabeth Swan & Captain Jack Sparrow)

Martinsville, IN 15 hrs. 22 min, 970 mi. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Our first trip to WDW was in a camper and we stayed at Ft. Wilderness - this is a very nice campground and we REALLY liked it. We did decide however if we are going to Disney we are staying in one of the resorts (for us - it was just more magical that way). I was not impressed with the bus system for Ft. Wilderness - in fact I thought it to be awful. So anyone planning a future trip remember this. Hope you enjoy your new camper and many happy campings ahead to you and yours
    December 2012 - Pop - All Girl I Wanna Go What's One More Trip
    October 2009 - POR - Grand Gathering
    Dec. 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    August 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2005 - Pop Century

Nov. - Dec. 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2002 - Ft. Wilderness Campground - Family Reunion Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had a great stay and already have your next trip planned We love FW, and really enjoy the carts to cruise around the other loops in. Sounds like a nice new camper will be pulling into FW very soon, congrats
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tink03 View Post
    Hi I was thinking of doing 9 days in a tent in Sept 08. Do you think the weather is hot or ok? Also if I dont rent a golf cart are the buses in walking distance? And is it just as easy to get to the parks from FW as it is a a moderate resort?
    Sept 06 we stayed 9 days in a tent. Too hot during the day to be in the tent. Very nice at night while sleeping though. We did take two fans with us. We only rented a golf cart for a couple of days to ride around and look at the other loops. The buses and boats to the parks are very efficent. Not to worry.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: