Quantcast Pictures with Characters

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Pictures with Characters

Hello. I will be going to WDW with my mother & sister next month!! (I am 38, my sister is 41 & my mom will be 64)

I know that there are "stations" where you can get your picture taken with the characters. When DH & I went to Disneyland back in 2000, the Disney people taking the pictures, also took your picture with your own camera. Do they still allow this at WDW?

Thanks!
    So many ideas, so little time. I need a part-time job to support my craft habit.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes the photographer will take a picture with your camera also.
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it is allowed. Also, at a lot of the meet and greets there are no photographers present. You have to use your own camera. Usually there is a Disney CM handy who will be glad to take the photo for you.
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

If there is no PhotoPass photographer with a character, then the character attendant can take the photo for you.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

GREAT!!! That will save us a TON of money.

I'm hoping to "meet" Piglet, Dopey, at least 1 Princess, Mickey & Minnie. Those are the main ones I want to see. But would love to see as many as I can
    So many ideas, so little time. I need a part-time job to support my craft habit.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are going to be there for quite a few days, you might want to consider a Photopass CD. When we went last fall, it cost about $100. We ended up with around 280 photos on the CD.

They give you a 'release' that allows you to print the photos at your local photo printing shop in whatever size and quantity. This way, you can get extra prints whenever you want. Be sure to keep extra copies of the release that comes with the disk, so you don't lose it.

Every photo printing shop we have gone to has printed out the pictures and when we go to pick them up, they say that they cannot sell them to us because they were done by a professional photographer. We show them the release. They are really 'wowed' that Disney lets people print the pictures.

When we got our photopass card, the cast member told us to 'abuse' it by using it anywhere and as often as possible. They have hundreds of photographers on staff, though sometimes they may not be exactly where you would like them to be, as they are assigned to a specific location and cannot roam.

It beats paying $12.95 for a single 5 x 7 at the park! Plus, I understand that they are starting to use a trial at some ride locations where your ride picture can also be on it (we heard that Test Track was or is going to try it). Others on here may now if and how many rides are currently in the system.

Have fun on your trip
    VMK - Electro_Stitch
    World of Tanks - jjramsey
    VFK was - ElectroStitch

WDW:
    1 wk - '92
    1 wk - '93
    1 day - '00
    2 wks - '01
    1 month at one time! - '02
    2 wks - '03
    2 wks - '04 - during two of the hurricanes
    4+ wks - '06
    2+ wks - '07
    2 wks - '10
    2 wks - '11

...the next trip is...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyAD View Post
    GREAT!!! That will save us a TON of money.

I'm hoping to "meet" Piglet, Dopey, at least 1 Princess, Mickey & Minnie. Those are the main ones I want to see. But would love to see as many as I can
    Piglet- CP
    Dopey- Germany
    Princesses- either in Toontown or in various places around the WS
    Mickey- everywhere
    Minnie- everywhere
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

I understand that they are starting to use a trial at some ride locations where your ride picture can also be on it (we heard that Test Track was or is going to try it). Others on here may now if and how many rides are currently in the system.

Have fun on your trip
    Test Track is the only ride you can add to the photopass CD. You can also add the border to it so it looks just like the ones you can buy at the ride. It's really cool and I hope they expand it. My guess is they will eventually add most, if not all, of the rides to the photopass CD as an additional cost option. For an extra $20 or so, it would really increase the value of the photopass CD.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think I will be doing the Photo Pass CD. That's alot of money for me right now. I'm doing all I can to save up money for souviners. My mom is paying for everything else (airfare, hotel, PH tickets, & meal plan). Money is very tight right now.

We're doing some major renovations on the house and with taking DHD to the doctors every week ($150 a week) - it's quite a strain.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: