Quantcast becky becky fruit fruit

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default becky becky fruit fruit

Okay i remember in 1985 going to a show ( I believe in epcot) and there was a character named becky. the show had all kinds of fruits in it and i can remember for years singing becky becky fruit fruit, becky becky fruit fruit. anyone remember this? and what happened to becky and the fruits?
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The only one I remeber being at Epcot was Kitchen Caberet. This was replaced by Food Rocks and then Soarin. I never saw Kitchen Caberet though.

Post Thanks / Like

I beleive you are thinking of Kitchen Caberet but I think it was veggie veggie fruit fruit. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no clue i was only 8 at the time and i thought i remember singing becky becky fruit fruit, but it was probably veggy veggy fruit fruit. so it was called kitchen cabaret. when did they replace it. (what year)
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    May 09 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

It is veggie veggie fruit fruit. The song is on the 50th Anniversary CD that I don't think is available any more (although you may find it used somewhere).

The show was replaced around the same time as the overhaul of the Land Pavilion and when Soarin went in. I don't know the year but it was sometime between 2000 and 2005....because 2005 was the first year we went that they had it.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

If I remember correctly Food Rocks replaced the Kitchen Caberet in the 90s. I preferred the KC over FR, although I love Soarin.

Dani
    Returning guest since 1979 (27 on-site visits)
    1999 - WDW College Program
    2003 - Disneyland - Off site
    2007 - Cruise on Disney Magic
    2012 - Disneyland - Grand Californian
    Last Trip - May 2012 - Carribean Beach
    Next Trip - February 2013 Bay Lake Tower & Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Kitchen Kaberet was around during the 80's and into the very early 90's. It was then replaced by Food Rocks. Food Rocks was another audioanimatronic show that took famous musicians and turned them into fruit, vegetables, and other such things. They then took a song by that artist and put a healthy food spin on it. For example, they took the group Queen, turned their members into something "healthy" you would find in the kitchen (I forget exactly what) and then took their song "Bohemian Rhapsody" and turned into a song dealing with nutrition.

It wasn't exactly the most popular attraction. Kitchen Kaberet definitely had a following and when they turned it into something more "up-to-date" like Food Rocks, people just went once and that was enough for them.

Food Rocks was closed just after the millenium celebration when The Land began it's transformation to allow for Soarin, it's new food court, seating area, and updates to "Living with the Land". I still remember walking by the place where "Food Rocks" used to be and seeing a poster for "Soarin" COMING SOON.

Luckily, the memoies of Kitchen Kaberet and Food Rocks live on with sites such as YouTube.
    Brett

"Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas"
    - Monorail

"Good news....we've made it WORSE!" TOT4

"But why's the rum gone?" - Captain Jack Sparrow

Post Thanks / Like

The audio animatronic host of Kitchen Kabaret was Bonnie Appetite. I'm sure there are some video clips of Kitchen Kabaret knocking around the internet if you search...
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

I just looked it up on youtube and yep that's it! and yes it is veggy veggy fruit fruit. thanks for the help guys!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    May 09 POR
    May 13 POR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: