Quantcast No Christmas CBJ Overlay?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default No Christmas CBJ Overlay?

Well... over at another website (I strayed for just a little while ) it is being said that CBJ will not be receiving the Christmas overlay again this season. I don't understand management's thinking with this - didn't folks complain last year? I, personally, was looking forward to seeing the show this year.

Can anyone speak to this rumor?
    Dixie Landings - 22 Visits
    WL - 16 Visits & Wedding Ceremony!
    AKLodge - 1 Visit
    PO - 1 Visit
    Poly - 1 Visit
    YC - 25 Visits
    BC - 3 Visits
    DTD Hilton - 1 Visit
    Off Site - 3 Visits & Counting...
    Grand Cali - Disneyland

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

1) I have heard it both ways.
    2) Yes, they have it this year, and no, they don't.
    3) Last year I heard it wasn't in the budget.
    4) Although someone said they couldn't get the music licenses.
    5) I personally hope the Christmas version appears this year!

NOTE: I don't buy the licensing story, but you never know. I heard from someone well placed that it was a budget issue, so I will stick with that version.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

I know last year it wasn't in the cards because Splash was getting a refurb and we didn't have the man power to turn it over after the Christmas season since all of our guys would be dealing with Splash. It might be the same again this year since I think we are going down again in January for a few weeks. -Christie
    "I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each other's dreams,we can play together all night." --Calvin and Hobbes--

Post Thanks / Like

Another website says to contact WDW management and I did...and actually just received an interesting reply...here's my e-mail and response:

Dear Mr. Hilliker,
    > Thank you for writing to the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Our Guests' comments are very important to us and we appreciate the time you took to contact us. So we may provide you with our best service, we request that you reply to this message with your telephone number. We look forward to your response.

Sincerely,
    Executive Offices
    Walt Disney World® Resort
    >
    > Original Message Follows:
    > -------------------------
    >
    > I have heard rumors that for the second year in a row that the Country Bear Jamboree are not going to be celebrating the holidays like they have in the past. This is disappointing for us that enjoy it as part of a special holiday vacation to WDW. Disneyland Resort gets 2 holiday themed attractions: Haunted Mansion & It's a Small World, while the busiest Disney park gets none. Very disappointing. My family is planning on attending 2 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parties and we were going to save the Country Bear Christmas for those occasions to enjoy as part of the merriment. Sadly, it sounds like we will have to watch recordings on youtube instead and reminisce this great attraction.
    >
    > Thank you for your time,
    >
    > The Hilliker Family
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Boomerbilia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    1) I have heard it both ways.
    2) Yes, they have it this year, and no, they don't.
    3) Last year I heard it wasn't in the budget.
    4) Although someone said they couldn't get the music licenses.
    5) I personally hope the Christmas version appears this year!

NOTE: I don't buy the licensing story, but you never know. I heard from someone well placed that it was a budget issue, so I will stick with that version.
    I am totally on your side and letters should be written. HOWEVER, if you have been following postings over the past year, you would have found out that you are off base with the reasons.

The problem is licensing of the songs for the show with some owners DEMANDING significant increases from Disney.

Disney has been negotiating in good faith, but has also been working on a revised show with music that they own so that guests won't be held at ransom by third party thieves in the future.

Don't think this one is Disney. It's not. Take my word, I know.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to be a bearer of bad news. I received and answer to my inquiry about CBJ. They stated that CBJ will not get the Christmas overlay again this year. They did not specify why, but said it definitely will not happen.

Post Thanks / Like

If it is indeed a music licensing problem, I wish they would just tell everybody why and identify the problem rights holders. At least we could direct our angst at the appropriate parties, whether it would accomplish anything or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Maybe!?!?

According to this link http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/...as/default.asp
    posted on the Theme Park board in the All Holiday Decorations thread, there is a CBJ overlay. Still waiting for confirmation for the validity of this statement.....

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm! I hope this is true! Anyone down there recently see this?
    Gawrsh

1979 - Polynesian Village
    1988 - Treehouses
    1990 - Treehouses
    1997 - Disney Institute Villas/Yacht and Beach Club
    1999 - Disney Institute Villas
    2001 - Carribean Beach
    2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2007 - Pop Century
    2010 - Offsite/Port Orleans Riverside
    2014 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I wrote a letter to WDW and they actually called me back. They were acknowledging my disappointment in the fact that the overlay will have been gone for 2 seasons now and they do pass our concerns along etc etc. Very nice conversation but she made no indication to me that I was wrong so I'm going to assume the reports are right and there's no overlay. The intercot link is just talking about things that have been available in past years to give you a general idea. Take for example Osbourne Lights.. they don't hand out glasses anymore, but they used to and could start it up again at some point.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover
    The intercot link is just talking about things that have been available in past years to give you a general idea. Take for example Osbourne Lights.. they don't hand out glasses anymore, but they used to and could start it up again at some point.
    Yep, that section lists what has historically been offered during the Holiday Season. The link does not go to the Theme Parks forum, rather the INTERCOT Theme Park Guide. The Guide is a semi-static section of the and not the dynamic Discussion Boards.

As it has appeared to cause some confusion, the Staff will consider ways of making the presentation of information more clear.

Thanks
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

The reason it wasn't changed is it was believed that show was coming back this year and that it's cancellation last year was a one shot budget decision according to multiple sources from within the park.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    The reason it wasn't changed is it was believed that show was coming back this year and that it's cancellation last year was a one shot budget decision according to multiple sources from within the park.
    That is pretty much what I heard, also.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: