Quantcast Jest Quetions: Buying Cross Trainers for Tennis Camp. - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

At least you were working in the 70s. Had it been the 50s, who knows if these guys would have "let" you work, much less go to college?
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenuff View Post
    So, tennis camp, huh? Prepare to be amazed...I've been practicing on the Wii!
    We... we..... I'm glad you're ready for this. You surprise me sometimes. Have you found your tent yet ? After all..... this is Tennis Camp.
    Oh, and Ken...

"Jest Quetions???" Is that the Canadian or Carolina spelling for Just Questions??
    I'm not sure but...... I think he might have had too much to drink before he typed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    No, Christine, I think Ken was taking spelling lessons from Pogo.

And I can't imagine why, but I think several of our JQ gentleman seem to be stuck in the early 70s. I have two words for you (names actually), and they start with a "B" and an "R." Are you sure the flux capacitor didn't do any permanent damage?
    Wow..... I can't even remember the 70s........ It must have been fun.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Would you believe I'm so nice I said it twice!?
    I wouldn't
    High 5 me Bro!

We crack me up!

Is it illegal to have this much fun?
    Deb.... ......you have the right to remain silent.......

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys... just a quick zoop in before bed!! Today was crazy, but fun... ballet and errands with my MIL while the girls danced... then home for lunch and back out for some apple picking (and yes, we picked too much again... ) and then back to the store for a present for a last-minute invite to a b'day party tomorrow.... and then out for dinner with the girls and my MIL, and a walk along the lake!! All sans my DH... he had a golf outing, and was out hitting the greens all day. So - now it's off to bed, without any time to catch up... just glad I caught the next flight before it got too far ahead of me!!

As far as the trainers - could I have some red ones, please?? Sand washed with white laces... and do I really have to take tennis lessons??? Not really my forte....

good night all... see you tomorrow!! (i hope!!)
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

At least you were working in the 70s. Had it been the 50s, who knows if these guys would have "let" you work, much less go to college?
    True, but my mom did it in the 40's and early 50's.

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post

Wow..... I can't even remember the 70s........ It must have been fun.

Deb.... ......you have the right to remain silent.......
    I think we may have gone to the same party called the 70's. Was it about 30 years ago?

Sure I could remain silent, but that would not be any fun!, now would it?

Good night Blythe. I am signing off too.

Night Night.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    As far as the trainers - could I have some red ones, please?? Sand washed with white laces... and do I really have to take tennis lessons??? Not really my forte....
    Don't worry if you are not very good, Blythe... we'll pair you with Mikki..... you can both learn at the same time.

I think we may have gone to the same party called the 70's. Was it about 30 years ago?
    We might have..... were you the girl in the tye dye shirt and blue jeans ? No..... you would have remembered that !

OK Gang........ one other piece of news..... our "new girl", NATAZU is celebrating his 39th birthday today.

Happy Birthday Jym....... let's have possum to celebrate.

Goodnight all..............

Post Thanks / Like

And I can't imagine why, but I think several of our JQ gentleman seem to be stuck in the early 70s. I have two words for you (names actually), and they start with a "B" and an "R."
    Burt Reynolds?

Oh, and Ken...

"Jest Quetions???" Is that the Canadian or Carolina spelling for Just Questions??
    You know, "Jest", as in joke, humor... [think she's buying it Pogo?]
    I guess I could use my magical moderator powers to fix it, but what the hey.

Did I ever tell you that DW's Great (X?) grandmother got a medical degree from the Women's Medical College of Pennsylvania in 1893? She was the shame of the family at the time. She was the first caucasion woman to practice medicine in Alabama.

I'm not sure but...... I think he might have had too much to drink before he typed that.
    Well, it is saturday. And pretty sad that I'm sitting here at my computer on a Saturday night, don't you think?

True, but my mom did it in the 40's and early 50's.
    Did what, sold Baskin-Robbins? I didn't think they'd been around that long!

I've got the script done!!! Or did I already say that? Anyway, I've been doing a little tweaking today and putting in some more lyrics, but at least the basic script will be ready for audition time. I will not have to suffer the wrath of DD1.

You'll all have to keep me company next week. DW is taking the grandyoung'uns and their mother off in the RV.

good night all.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Having read the posts in this new thread I think Ellen was right. Now isn't that a pity?
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

OK Gang........ one other piece of news..... our "new girl", NATAZU is celebrating his 39th birthday today.
    Thirty-nine plus how many? Just need to know if we need to turn off the sprinkler system or not.

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Burt Reynolds?

You'll all have to keep me company next week. DW is taking the grandyoung'uns and their mother off in the RV.
    Cute, but no cigar!

Hey didn't your wife take the DD and the DGC off in the RV THIS weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    Having read the posts in this new thread I think Ellen was right. Now isn't that a pity?
    A pity that I was right, or a pity that the flux capacitor affected them more than they think?
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Natazu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Glad to see that Jym found his way! Now that Jym is chiming in, does that mean I am no longer the "new girl"?
    S'ok. I'll be the new girl
    It's good to have another Rocky Topper here on the JQ!
    What will we talk about today?
    How 'bout them Vols?

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    Welcome Jym glad you found us dude.
    apparently it's dudette

Jym, do you know anyone in Maynardville?
    One of my best friends lives there.
    My wife's grandmother is from there. We don't know anyone living there right now. It's a cute little town.

Did we scare Jym away again?
    I'm not smart enough to be scared.

I'll bring the seasoning. You get the meat this time. Actually, my mother is making lasagna, chicken cacciatore, and meatballs from scratch. I'll be in a coma by noon. In fact someone may need to call me to wake me up about 4 so I can go to work. It's almost time to pay The Mouse.

Post Thanks / Like

You know, the shoes that go with the pink shorts! I wouldn't recommend the tube top, if you are playing tennis!
    You are right - no tube top whilst playing tennis. I don't want Pogo to be staring at me.
    Well, it is saturday. And pretty sad that I'm sitting here at my computer on a Saturday night, don't you think?
    Actually, it is pretty sad that ALL of you were sitting in front of your computers on a Saturday night.

What shall I have for breakfast?
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Good morning all
    Yay Jym you and your are coming down to my neck of the woods. Funny thing is that this week I learn new stuff and the following I am working Space Mountain? I'm confused I thought I'd have some time to get use to the other attractions. I guess they'll toss me over there when they need me.
    Oh boy gotta learn lessons and wear that skort thing. Oh boy look out side liners your gonna need to wear helmets whilst I play tennis.
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and Ken...

"Jest" isn't Canadian so it has to be Carolinian

Did I ever tell you that DW's Great (X?) grandmother got a medical degree from the Women's Medical College of Pennsylvania in 1893? She was the shame of the family at the time. She was the first caucasion woman to practice medicine in Alabama.
    That's really cool, Ken!!

Happy Birthday, Jym!!! Who's in charge of the cake? Don't let Alex near the candles or we'll either have a major fire or fireworks going off.

Boy, you guys were talkitive last night!!!

Pogo, I couldn't find any wine from the Finger Lakes region up here, but sometime in October we're going with our friends for a drive down there to the different wineries to get some.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

We might have..... were you the girl in the tye dye shirt and blue jeans ? No..... you would have remembered that !
    I've decided not to go there.

Did what, sold Baskin-Robbins? I didn't think they'd been around that long!
    I didn't know anyone had a great X Grandmother. Did she not make enough cookies?

Mom graduated from college and worked 30 years as a teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Natazu View Post
    S'ok. I'll be the new girl
    How 'bout them Vols?

apparently it's dudette

I'm not smart enough to be scared.

I'll bring the seasoning. You get the meat this time. Actually, my mother is making lasagna, chicken cacciatore, and meatballs from scratch. I'll be in a coma by noon. In fact someone may need to call me to wake me up about 4 so I can go to work. It's almost time to pay The Mouse.
    Happy Birthday from Rocky Top!

I've got the pig in the ground and the beer is on ice. All my rowdy friends are coming over tonight! Do you wanna PARTY?..........
    Let's get the music started!

Quote Originally Posted by alpro2 View Post
    You are right - no tube top whilst playing tennis. I don't want Pogo to be staring at me.

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    Good morning all
    Yay Jym you and your are coming down to my neck of the woods. Funny thing is that this week I learn new stuff and the following I am working Space Mountain? I'm confused I thought I'd have some time to get use to the other attractions. I guess they'll toss me over there when they need me.
    Oh boy gotta learn lessons and wear that skort thing. Oh boy look out side liners your gonna need to wear helmets whilst I play tennis.
    See Ya Real Soon!
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

pogo Guest

I'm VERY happy to be sitting here on a Saturday night. For so many years I'd be out until 3:00 AM if it was local. Sometimes it would be hundreds of miles from home. I hated being on the road. Staying in motels or sleeping on the bus. Do you blame me for wanting a normal life ?

Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    Aw..... come on Dutchess..... it won't be so bad. We'll have you playing championship tennis in no time if you just apply yourself.

Can you at least try..... just for me ?

Thirty-nine plus how many? Just need to know if we need to turn off the sprinkler system or not.

Actually, my mother is making lasagna, chicken cacciatore, and meatballs from scratch. I'll be in a coma by noon. In fact someone may need to call me to wake me up about 4 so I can go to work. It's almost time to pay The Mouse.
    Enjoy your day. Don't foget to save us some leftovers. Say to Rachel for us.
    Actually, it is pretty sad that ALL of you were sitting in front of your computers on a Saturday night.
    You have sooo much to learn ..... so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Pogo, I couldn't find any wine from the Finger Lakes region up here, but sometime in October we're going with our friends for a drive down there to the different wineries to get some.
    So you are coming to the Finger Lakes in October ?

pogo Guest

I've decided not to go there.
    Chicken !

I've got the pig in the ground and the beer is on ice. All my rowdy friends are coming over tonight! Do you wanna PARTY?..........
    Let's get the music started!
    You're not related to Hank are you ? I ask because I noticed your beard.

Post Thanks / Like

So you are coming to the Finger Lakes in October ?
    Yes, sir we are. Our friend really likes Finger Lakes wines. He said he really enjoyed Tugboat wine. We haven't set a date yet because of my schedule.

Did someone leave the cookies in 1955?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

What cookies?
    Oh you mean the cookies that have a lot of stuff in them?
    They have walnuts, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, almonds, peacans, and other nuts that I can't think of their names. these cookies are loaded with goodies, and um no caleries also. Yeah that's it. hehehe
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

I was initially relieved at being released from the 50's -- but Tennis Camp???? Can I get a Health exemption???
    Wow, I guess that means that Jym is THE NEW GIRL!
    Hey look out for that moving van
    Driving down our streets
    You better lock up your man
    Before he meets
    The New Girl In Town
    Who just came on the scene?
    The New Girl In Town
    Can't be more than sixteen
    And she'd got a way of makin'
    A boy act like a clown
    Wo-oo, wo-oo, wo-oo, wo-oo
    We don't know what to do
    'Bout the next girl in town

So what else is there to do here if I don't play tennis?
    You'll have to officiate with me T&G .. 'cause I ain't playing.
    Or you can do all the cooking and cleaning at camp...... your choice. So what will it be ?
    I'll do the cooking....at least that way I'll know there's no gator or possum or anything.... T&G wanna help?
    Olivia's game was another great one today...they won 5-0 and are undefeated for the season!
    Congrats to Olivia!!
    Oh, and Ken...

The "Jest" made me laugh (think Jester)
    At least you were working in the 70s.
    I was getting toilet trained.
    Happy Birthday, Jym!!! Who's in charge of the cake? Don't let Alex near the candles or we'll either have a major fire or fireworks going off.
    Yes, Happy Birthday Jym!!! May you have a terrific year!!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry if you are not very good, Blythe... we'll pair you with Mikki..... you can both learn at the same time.

Nope - I'm not playing Mikki - I firmly believe I'd be battered around the court and wind up hanging off the net!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JYM!! And welcome to JQ, although it's a little late from me... you seem to be well on your way to enjoying the insanity that reigns here!! Looking forward to meeting you in 17 DAYS!!

It's almost time to pay The Mouse.
    Perfect way to put it -- I'll have to remember that!! Certainly better than paying Uncle Sam...

What shall I have for breakfast?
    We're having pancakes... would you like some??

I'm VERY happy to be sitting here on a Saturday night. For so many years I'd be out until 3:00 AM if it was local. Sometimes it would be hundreds of miles from home. I hated being on the road. Staying in motels or sleeping on the bus. Do you blame me for wanting a normal life ?
    So, this is normal?? Good to know... most of my friends think it's crazy.... Even Dan is waiting until he meets all you Disney nuts in October to finally be able to agree with me that it's totally cool!!

You'll have to let us know when you're down here... I'm right on the edge of the region!! So's Pogo!!

So, what's up for everyone today?? We're headed out for some apple fritters and pumpkin patch picking later today.... then it's off to some place of our DD6's choosing to make her feel better while DD9 heads next door for a birthday party. What's everyone else doing??

Would anyone else like some pancakes?? Dan makes some killer ones...
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    I was initially relieved at being released from the 50's -- but Tennis Camp???? Can I get a Health exemption???
    I'll do the cooking....at least that way I'll know there's no gator or possum or anything.... T&G wanna help?
    Can I share that exemption with you, Sister? Sports and me have never gotten along. I'll be tripping over my own two feet. I can't cook either, but I can be a bartender!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    You'll have to let us know when you're down here... I'm right on the edge of the region!! So's Pogo!!

What's everyone else doing??

Would anyone else like some pancakes?? Dan makes some killer ones...
    I'll let you know, we were thinking around the 6th, but our friend might be out of town and I'm not sure when my next weekend off is because my assistant manager has asked for most of the Saturdays off.

I'm doing some last minute sewing, packing and heading off north for a three day seminar for work, yuck. I hate sitting in meetings from 9am-9pm for 2 days and 5 hours on Wednesday. The only thing that would make it good is if I won the $1000 in the elimination draw instead of fleece like they usually give away.

Pancakes sound quite good this morning!!! Do you want some coffee or freshly squeezed orange juice with them?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ