Quantcast Jack Sparrow now at the MK!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Jack Sparrow now at the MK!

Hi everyone just got back from the magic kingdom and they are now offering meet and greets with jack sparrow to your right just as you enter adventureland in a building near aloha isle. Here are some pictures of the signs directing you to the new meet and greet. Here is Sign 1 and Sign 2.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Thanks for the pictures.

Currently, it is only a test meet & greet.

See Tidbits September 2007 for details.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like where they did the meet and greets for the Pirate and Princess Partys.
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

I took these pictures on sept 13th. Looks like they started early.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully he'll be out in November. My husband and I will be there from Nov.7th thru Nov. 17th

Post Thanks / Like

my son got to sword fight with jack sparrow! all the other kids had to fight the other pirate that was out but when it was my son's turn sparrow said I WANT TO FIGHT HIM, step aside. i took a ton of pictures and it's something my ds will always remember. my other two boys got to become honorary pirates too!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

We met Jack Sparrow in that meet and greet last week. I will am in the middle of loading all 400+ pics. I got some great ones of him with my kids. Photopass got an adorable one of him kissing my DD on the cheek and then the next one of her running away. He kept calling her a "Little Monkey" and signed her autograph book "To the Little Monkey, Love Jack Sparrow",

Very cool. Very worth the 45 minute wait we had for him. Really cool meet and greet area too.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

oh my GOSH!! i am one very excited 36 year old!! We will be there on 9/29, during one of the test meet and greets!! that is if the schedule is still current!! I CANNOT WAIT!!! I may actually swoon...
    "Stop this foolishness!...What foolishness would you like to see?" Sam the Eagle and Gonzo

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

The wait times really aren't that bad. I've been three times on the test days, usually in peak times, and haven't waited more then 20 minutes. One was around 3:30, the other was around 2:30, and the third was at 5:30ish.

It's been fun, I love meeting my future husband!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJessicaSparrow View Post
    The wait times really aren't that bad. I've been three times on the test days, usually in peak times, and haven't waited more then 20 minutes. One was around 3:30, the other was around 2:30, and the third was at 5:30ish.

It's been fun, I love meeting my future husband!
    Yeah, i dont care if the wait is longer than Soarin waits....i will wait all day for Jack Sparrow.
    "Stop this foolishness!...What foolishness would you like to see?" Sam the Eagle and Gonzo

Post Thanks / Like

when i was there the last week of august he was there doing his little show and OMG it was soo funny. i have a some pics and even video too that maybe ill eventually post. he realy did look/talk/act like Captain Jack Sparrow from the movie. then right after that i went on the new pirates for the first time that trip where the CJS's are soo realistic too. i just had too much of him for one day but it was a good thing.
    1991 - Fairway Villas, 1993 - Old Key West, 1995 - Yacht Club, 1997 - Fort Wilderness, 2003 - Fort Wilderness, 2004 - Contemporary, 2005 - Caribbean, 2007 - Polynesian, 2012 - Disneyland Paris, 2014 - Beach Club, 2015 - Beach Club
    2016 - Contemporary
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Here's hoping they will continue it into October.....
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

as of right now the meet n' greets are only actually showing on the schedule through the end of september...then we'll see I guess

Post Thanks / Like

would someone be able to post the october schedule for jack once one is out? i'm leaving 10/13 and would be great to know ahead of time if meeting him is a possibility! thanks very much!
    POR 10/13, DL Hotel 9/13, Poly 1/13
    CB 10/12
    Poly 1/12
    POR 10/11
    POFQ 5/11
    Poly 1/11
    GF 11/10
    POFQ 5/10
    Poly 1/10
    WL 10/09
    WL 6/09
    AKL1/09
    CB 7/08
    CS 5/08
    Pop 4/08
    CB 10/07 &12/07
    Yacht Club 07
    POFQ 06
    POFQ 05
    POR 04
    ASM 03
    ASM 00
    AS Movies 99
    OffSite 97
    AS Sports 96

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by like2workout
    would someone be able to post the october schedule for jack once one is out?
    There is no guarantee one will be out.

The current offering is only a Test to see if such would be successful as a permanent offering.

Typically, there is a period of time between the end of a Test and the beginning of a permanent offering (if approved) as park management takes time to evaluate the test and make any desired adjustments.

On a few occasions, wildly successful tests have gone straight into a permanent offering. While that could happen with this offering, there is no guarantee that it will.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    The current offering is only a Test to see if such would be successful as a permanent offering.
    hehe, this statement made me chuckle. i am betting a permanent offering would be wildly successful. really, i am surprised it took this long to introduce him this way. The show outside POTC is so great, but i gotta bet there are a lot of fans who would love to interact and get pics. I hope its a permanent thing. Of course, my love of Jack is a little stalkerish j/k

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SimbaandNalasMama View Post
    Of course, my love of Jack is a little stalkerish j/k
    I understand that completely. I've meet Jack several times, and it's gotten to where he's like, 'Ah, welcome back, love.'

I've also gotten to know Mack, Jack's First Mate. He's so funny and adorable.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Met Jack, Twice!!

Hi all - wanted to let you know that I got to meet Jack on his last 'official' day on Saturday 9/29. I was a little shy, but quickly overcame that when i realized Jack Sparrow was talking to me. I just LOVE that man . got great pics and had a wonderful time talking to him. He is such a scoundrel. The line wasnt long. Interestingly, when we were back there on 10/1, all the signs were gone and the new Times Guide had no mention of him . sorry guys. I have lots of pics to post. Let me know if you want to see them. I hope to have them all uploaded today.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: