Quantcast Epcot 25th Anniversary Celebration / Epcot Rededication Ceremony 10/1/07 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see they're making an effort to do something. Wish I could be there for it, we really like Epcot and having had the opportunity to hear Marty Sklar speak at The Henry Ford, I'd like to be able to hear him again.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile The EPCOT thing

I'm planning on being there for the celebration. Sounds like a lot of fun I can't wait to spend the day celebrating and seeing all the neat things. I hear even the original Dreamfinder is going to be there.
    Last edited by Figment!; 09-22-2007 at 12:54 AM. Reason: .
    Mom,Grandma and most of all DISNEY Freak

"Disney is my home now"

Post Thanks / Like

I think the 25th anniversary of Epcot is a good reason to take a personal day off work!

Actually, WDW is having a job fair that day too and I'm thinking of doing something that you only see on Oprah...quitting my office job and going to work for Disney World! The job fair starts at 8 and I could probably make it to Epcot in time to see Marty speak!

I wonder if "retro menus" also means "retro prices on the menu!" One can only dream!
    șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

Marty will be holding 2 Q&A sessions on Oct. 1st (the tentative schedule I've seen is the first talk around noon, and the 2nd talk at 4pm but the schedule may change). Each session should run about a half-hour in length and will be at the Circle of Life theater in The Land pavillion.

Seating for these sessions is extremely limited (definitely show up early if this is something you want to be at)- a notice was posted on the WDW Annual Passholder website about the sessions and at one point it mentioned that this would be limited to passholders with a need to show valid AP and photo ID to attend but that requirement may no longer be in place. Hopefully before Monday there should be a final announcement.

Passholders are invited to join the backstage magic when Disney Legend, Marty Sklar, takes everyone on an inspiring stroll down memory lane. A Disney employee since 1955 and dubbed the official Imagineering Ambassador, Marty has been putting smiles on the faces of kids and parents alike for nearly 50 years. Come hear his captivating stories of Disney history and enjoy his unique perspective on the magical future of Walt Disney Worldź Resort.

Seating at this event is limited.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
    Marty will be holding 2 Q&A sessions on Oct. 1st (the tentative schedule I've seen is the first talk around noon, and the 2nd talk at 4pm but the schedule may change). Each session should run about a half-hour in length and will be at the Circle of Life theater in The Land pavillion.

Seating for these sessions is extremely limited (definitely show up early if this is something you want to be at)- a notice was posted on the WDW Annual Passholder website about the sessions and at one point it mentioned that this would be limited to passholders with a need to show valid AP and photo ID to attend but that requirement may no longer be in place. Hopefully before Monday there should be a final announcement.

Passholders are invited to join the backstage magic when Disney Legend, Marty Sklar, takes everyone on an inspiring stroll down memory lane. A Disney employee since 1955 and dubbed the official Imagineering Ambassador, Marty has been putting smiles on the faces of kids and parents alike for nearly 50 years. Come hear his captivating stories of Disney history and enjoy his unique perspective on the magical future of Walt Disney Worldź Resort.

Seating at this event is limited.
    Thank you so much for this info Mufasa, I appreciate it! I haven't been able to find much info on what is going on Monday. I figure I'll show up and find out then, but it's nice to know Marty Sklar is having two talks!
    șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
    At the end of act IV of the Carousel of Progress guests would take a speedramp up to the 2nd floor where there was about a 4 minute accompanying audio post-show narrated by the mother/father from the Carousel of Progress.
    The soundtrack is on the DL 50th anniversary CD boxed set.
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Post Thanks / Like

This is the schedule for Monday, currently on the internal website:

Epcot 25th Anniversary Gallery
    Located in Innoventions West 9:00am–9:00pm
    25th Silver Anniversary Ceremony
    Future World Fountain Stage 10:01am
    A Conversation with Marty Sklar
    At The Circle of Life theater in The Land (limited seating) 11:30am, 2:00pm, 4:30pm
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Okay so....can someone puh-puh-puh-puh-puh-lease help me!!!!

I am going to the rededication ceremony in the morning! Yay!! But....here's the sad face....I have to work at MK by 3:30 and therefore, I cannot stay to see the special Illuminations.

If any of you will be there that night....can you send me a videotape of it? Like YouTube it....cause I really really want to go...but I can't call out.

Post Thanks / Like

....different merchandise?
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Smile epcot 25th

Jessica I'm going to be there for all of it so if my video is working ok I will record it and get it to you ok. Sorry you can't stay for all. DH can't be there for the opening because he has to work ay MK in the morning so he'll be there for illuminations I hope.
    Mom,Grandma and most of all DISNEY Freak

"Disney is my home now"

Post Thanks / Like

I am devastated I can not be there. You don't understand, for about 5 years I have been planning to be down there for Oct 1st 2007 for the anniversary. Of couse I get a new job in June and find out no one is allowed to take vacations from Sept-Nov (its our busiest season, being in college admissions it is recurting time). So instead of being at my most fav place in the world as planned I will be heading to Syracuse NY to visit HS Students. To all who go, have a great time.
    If you can dream it you can do it!!!

01,02,03,04,05 x3 (plus Disneyland),06,08,10,11,12

Been there done that going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the information. We will be there in
    November. I hope some of the celebration will
    still be going on while we are there. I know the
    wine and food festival will be going on. We
    always enjoy that.

Post Thanks / Like

So far it looks like there was a new map brought out today and only for today that looks alot like the old map. They also have the usual collectables. Crowds look PACKED and the rededication should be starting right about now.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWfanatic742 View Post
    So far it looks like there was a new map brought out today and only for today that looks alot like the old map. They also have the usual collectables. Crowds look PACKED and the rededication should be starting right about now.
    Ohhh man...you know how many of those maps I'd be taking for E-Bay selling!?! Seriously, I'd love to have at least one for my own personal collection.

I'm hoping all of the commemorative stuff is still around next week (which I'd imagine at least the merchandise will) for the party.

Anywho, some special 25th Anniversary reviews are goin up over at the Theme Parks thread.
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

I got there at 9:30 this morning and Figment was already gone!! Got the LE shirt though, and some of the pins.

I got a bit misty eyed during Marty's speech. It was good but I wish I could have stayed for Illuminations.

Tigger, if you were able to get it and when you get the chance, can you PM the link to it for me? Thank you a million times in advance if you were able.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by tiggermania
    Jessica I'm going to be there for all of it so if my video is working ok I will record it and get it to you ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJessicaSparrow
    Tigger, if you were able to get it and when you get the chance, can you PM the link to it for me?
    Or (if they were able to get it), tiggermania could send the file/link to [email protected] and it could be embedded on the site for all to see.
    Figment! aka Jason șoș
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys - i was lucky enough to be there on the 1st. Altho by the time i went to Mouse Gears, everything was gone except the pins. I got the limited edition pin with Figment and one with Mickey and Minnie. Also, the guide maps are pretty darn cool. the inside is what the map looked like on opening day...gotta love the 80's..haha. Also, they gave out buttons. I can take pics of all the stuff and post it, if you guys want to see it. We were there late in the day for F&W. I have to admit, in all my plans and excitement, i didnt even know this was happening.
    "Stop this foolishness!...What foolishness would you like to see?" Sam the Eagle and Gonzo

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: