Quantcast upgrade

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: upgrade

Post Thanks / Like

Default upgrade

How do you get a free upgrade from value to moderate accomodations? Any tricks. We are 4 adults and the value rooms might be a bit tight. If we can't get it for free it would be awesome. If we had to pay, how much more would it cost for 7 nights? Leaving in less than 2 days.
    June 1977 - off site<br />June 1984 - off site<br />Sept 2001 - All Star Music<br />Sept 2007 - All Star Music

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

i could be wrong but i would be real surprized if you got a FREE upgrade from a value to a moderate.... if it were me id call and ask what the price difference was and just pay it. you leave soon so i wouldnt wait too long to call

have a great vacation

Post Thanks / Like

Not going to happen. Upgrades to another resort class are extraordinarily rare. The only recent example I'm aware of is that Disney moved some value guests to DVC resorts during free dining, to free up some rooms at the values, and probably also to promote DVC. This is no longer happening, they moved everyone they're going to move.

The chances of your being offered a free upgrade to a moderate at check-in are pretty much non-existent. You can ask what it would cost to move to a moderate and see what they can do for you, but we're in the free dining period now and availability at the moderates is probably going to be tight.

mttafire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LynneM View Post
    Not going to happen. Upgrades to another resort class are extraordinarily rare. The only recent example I'm aware of is that Disney moved some value guests to DVC resorts during free dining, to free up some rooms at the values, and probably also to promote DVC. This is no longer happening, they moved everyone they're going to move.

The chances of your being offered a free upgrade to a moderate at check-in are pretty much non-existent. You can ask what it would cost to move to a moderate and see what they can do for you, but we're in the free dining period now and availability at the moderates is probably going to be tight.
    Agreed. You most certainly can ask..BUT....

Post Thanks / Like

This is one time I wouldn't advise asking. This really is beyond what can be reasonably expected. This kind of upgrade is always about being willing to pay for it.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

A free upgrade to a preferred room at any resort has become pretty rare (and if you ask you have to pay). I don't think there's any chance whatsoever of being upgraded by a resort class. Why would WDW even consider that?
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

We got a free upgrade from a garden view to a Magic Kingdom view at the Poly in 2001, but I think one of the reasons was because we were there at a very low attendance period (early November).

Not sure if that's possible any more, but worth a try...we're going to try to upgrade when we check in this year, and that's during Thanksgiving week! I know, aren't we bold?!?

But being upgraded from a value to a moderate...that's something I never heard. And I wonder if the Cast Member at the value resort check-in would even have the authority to upgrade and send someone over to a moderate? (or moderate to a deluxe)

Unless there were extenuating circumstances, such as there were "no more rooms at the inn" so to speak and the only option was to move you to another hotel...but even then, another value would make sense.

Never say never, though!

**mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LADY DI View Post
    Any tricks.
    Yup, the trick is to book something you'll be happy with, because most of the time, that's exactly what you'll get. Upgrades to another resort category are very rare and only done if there's been an overbooking or some type of maintenance issue.

If we had to pay, how much more would it cost for 7 nights?
    I have no idea if you have a package or room only, but rack rate for a standard is $82 per night at this time of the year. Your also being charged an additional $20 per night for having the other 2 adults in the same room. If you upgraded to a moderate, they're currently $145 per night for a standard, plus $30 more per night for the extra adults. If my calculations are correct, the difference comes out to be $73 plus tax, per night.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the feedback. I guess I was dreaming. I hope I didn't sound greedy and I apologize if I offended anyone. Maybe one day I will be able to afford a Moderate or Deluxe, until then at least we're going.
    June 1977 - off site<br />June 1984 - off site<br />Sept 2001 - All Star Music<br />Sept 2007 - All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the feedback. I guess I was dreaming. I hope I didn't sound greedy and I apologize if I offended anyone. Maybe one day I will be able to afford a Moderate or Deluxe, until then at least we're going.
    I wouldn't worry about it. This is a good group on this board. I just took it that you were asking for info and any question is a good one. So I don't think you need to worry about offending anyone.

Have a great trip!!
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure no one's been offended, not to worry!

Post Thanks / Like

How do you get a free upgrade from value to moderate accomodations? Any tricks. We are 4 adults and the value rooms might be a bit tight. If we can't get it for free it would be awesome. If we had to pay, how much more would it cost for 7 nights? Leaving in less than 2 days.
    How about praying for a hurricane to blow down all the value resorts the day before you arrive?

Good luck.

Oooh, I think I just jinxed myself. I am arriving in 14 days and in the middle of hurricane season. Maybe one will blow CB off the map and I will get upgraded to WL or GF!

Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

Default ????

Scarey thought and so not funny.

Post Thanks / Like

The only chance of this I could see is if your room is really awful, as in totally unacceptable, and they have no open rooms at the resort, then they might comp you to a higher grade resort.
    But that's about it.

Post Thanks / Like

But even IF that happened, they'd probably first try to find you a room at another Value resort.

Post Thanks / Like

We were in WDW January this year and was upgraded from POP to POFQ because of a mistake by our travel agent. When we went to book in at POFQ they ask if we would mind being transferred to AKL (a deluxe!). We couldn't believe our luck, paying for a value and ending up in a deluxe which was absolutely gorgeous and amazing!

Have an awesome trip where ever you stay - make the most of it. We have stayed at POP and we thought it was great as well.

Jenny
    Benny
    New Zealand

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    We were in WDW January this year and was upgraded from POP to POFQ because of a mistake by our travel agent. When we went to book in at POFQ they ask if we would mind being transferred to AKL (a deluxe!). We couldn't believe our luck, paying for a value and ending up in a deluxe which was absolutely gorgeous and amazing!

Have an awesome trip where ever you stay - make the most of it. We have stayed at POP and we thought it was great as well.

Jenny
    Luck?!? Are you kidding?!? You just gave everyone on this site something to dream about...paying for a value and getting a Deluxe!! AWESOME!!!
    Jenn

1974 * 1985 * 1993 * 1997 * 1997 * 2000 * 2002 * 2004 * 2005
    Oct 06 CBR/AKL
    Dec 06 ASM
    Oct 07 POP
    June 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 SSR
    Jan 09 SSR
    May/June 09 BCV/AKV
    Aug 09 AKV
    Oct 09 AKV
    Christmas 09 BLT
    May/June 2011 CBR
    May/June 2012 AKV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    We couldn't believe our luck, paying for a value and ending up in a deluxe which was absolutely gorgeous and amazing!
    Jenny
    Proving that (at WDW at least sometimes) "Dreams really can come true!!!" Good for you!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vamaggie View Post
    Proving that (at WDW at least sometimes) "Dreams really can come true!!!" Good for you!!!
    What a wonderful thing to say - you are absolutely right and have made my day! (Its 1.25pm in New Zealand).

Jenny
    Benny
    New Zealand

Post Thanks / Like

I just wrote a letter yesterday to complain about the fact that I booked a preferred location at CBR and was placed in Trinidad north building 31, and had a view of the parking lot. Many guests had been up graded to preferred locations and did not pay for it.
    I over heard someone on the bus our first night
    talking. We then ran into two different families from our area at CBR. Both did not pay and were located in Martinique with great views.
    Has anyone requested money back before because of this?
    I feel like if you pay for a preferred location, they should holed the nicest spot for you.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: