Quantcast Who were you surprised to see?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who were you surprised to see?

Have you ever been surprised to a character that you normally wouldn't see? When we were at WDW world a few weeks ago, I was surprised to Brer Fox & Bear. This was my first trip ever and I didn't think I would see these characters.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I was surprised the first time I saw Mushu from Mulan. It was Christmas time and he was all decked out in a scarf and hat. LOVED him!
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Last Dec. we saw Flick from a Bugs Life in AK. My daughter was thrilled to see him, we had been looking since 2000.
    Hoping for a 2008 trip, but probably won't happen

Dec 2007 Pop Century
    Dec 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2005 All Star Music
    Dec 2003 All Star Movies
    Jan 2002 All Star Music
    Feb 2000 All Star Sports
    May 1997 Port New Orleans
    May 1996 Disney Villas
    May 1987 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Yup. There are several:
    *Clara Cluck
    *Stromboli
    *Marie
    *Esmerelda
    *The 6 Dwarves besides Dopey
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest surprises for me were probably finding the Fairy Godmother at EPCOT last year (I'd never heard of her appearing there and haven't since) and Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh at 1900 Park Fare's breakfast. Both experiences were totally unexpected but great surprises.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko_33785 View Post
    The biggest surprises for me were probably finding the Fairy Godmother at EPCOT last year (I'd never heard of her appearing there and haven't since) and Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh at 1900 Park Fare's breakfast. Both experiences were totally unexpected but great surprises.
    The Fairy Godmother has been known to show up occasionally at the France pavillion in World Showcase. A few times she has turned up in Town Square in the Magic Kingdom as well.

Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh at 1900 Park Faire's breakfast was quite a surprise! I have seen all the pics from your webpage, and that is the only time I have ever hear of Rabbit appearing at the 1900 Park Faire character breakfast, let alone other places!

As many characters that you have pics of, meeko, I'm surprised there are any left that you haven't met!

Post Thanks / Like

I was shocked to see Rabbit as well he was at Epcot England Showcase in Sept.05.
    I was very surprised seeing Mr. Walrus for the first time at MNSSHP.
    The most shocked I have been was in 04 at MGM when Phil, Herc, Meg, Kuzco, and many more common characters came out of nowhere. There were at least 15 characters out. It is my understanding that that year at MGM many characters would come out everyday around 1:00.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never seen any of those great, classic, obscure characters. Boo hoo But we've seen lots of really great characters & gotten many autographs & great pix! But the funniest thing happened to us last year at MGM! We were walking around New York Street & a guy said hi to me & I said hi not knowing who he was & not even realizing that he was a character! It was Ron Stoppable! It didn't click until I saw Kim Possible! DS's laughed at me, they posed for pix with them & signed autograph's, I felt a bit embarrased & bad that I didn't recognize him!

But one of our best character memories was eating dinner once in the Castle & we looked out the window & saw Captain Hook chasing Peter Pan around on the balcony of the Castle! It was a hoot!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

i ran into the sheriff of nottingham from robin hood once at epcot and was very surprised to see him. i had just seen and had my picture made with friar tuck and was excited about that, then turned around and saw the sheriff too. both were surprises!
    POR 10/13, DL Hotel 9/13, Poly 1/13
    CB 10/12
    Poly 1/12
    POR 10/11
    POFQ 5/11
    Poly 1/11
    GF 11/10
    POFQ 5/10
    Poly 1/10
    WL 10/09
    WL 6/09
    AKL1/09
    CB 7/08
    CS 5/08
    Pop 4/08
    CB 10/07 &12/07
    Yacht Club 07
    POFQ 06
    POFQ 05
    POR 04
    ASM 03
    ASM 00
    AS Movies 99
    OffSite 97
    AS Sports 96

Post Thanks / Like

Some of my favorites were Stromboli, Rabbit, Dopey, Scrooge McDuck and Mr. Walrus! We also got to ride the carousel with Mary Poppins last year, which was the coolest thing ever!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Great Thread! This as become a quest for us every trip. This year we got Kim Possible, Ron Stoppable, The Queen (the one from Snow White...we had her in 2002 as the Old Hag, but this year she was in her royal attire), Brer Fox, Brer Bear, Mulan, and Jafar.

I keep wishing they would do a mystery character breakfast! You know, like one where unusual characters come around, but you have no idea who they'll be! We used to love the Soundstage restaurant, because it seemed they had unusual characters you couldn't see everywhere.

Previous unusual characters we've gotten that we haven't seen in years...Cruella DeVille, Quasimodo, Nolka (in Norway), Sheriff of Nottingham, Big Bad Wolf, Dark Wing Duck, (off the top of my head) and of course the eternally missed Dream Finder!
    Next visit - January 2018 OKW
    Mar 2015 Offsite
    Jan 2011,12,13&14 CSR
    Sept 2009 CSR & MNSSHP
    Sept 2007 CSR
    Sept 2006 POR & NOJ
    2005 Offsite
    2003 ASM & MVMCP
    2002 Doubletree onsite & MVMCP/1st DQ
    Sept 1999 POFQ / WL & NOJ
    May 1999 CSR/BC
    Dec 1997 & 1998 CBR & MVMCP
    April 1997 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

We were so surprised last week when we walked onto Main Street the first day and saw Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow!
    My daughter was ecstatic and that was one of the only character lines she actually wanted to wait in!
    We also saw Daisy Duck on Main Street and Mulan and Mushu in China at World Showcase.

We saw the Step Sister's next to Tinkerbell's Treasures in MK but when we got there they had already closed the line down and we didn't see them again
    Liz
    March 2006-POP!
    September 2007-POP!

Post Thanks / Like

I've only seen him once, but the lion from Bedknobs and Broomsticks. It was during our first trip. I wonder if we will ever see him again?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

We ran into Jiminy Cricket at Rafiki's Planet Watch last December. My DD7 didn't want a picture but I asked her to anyway because how often do you see him?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessM0m View Post
    We ran into Jiminy Cricket at Rafiki's Planet Watch last December. My DD7 didn't want a picture but I asked her to anyway because how often do you see him?

I was just going to post that we met him there on Friday. In the past ten trips we have taken we have never seen him! I was so excited.

We also met the Stepsisters and Stepmother, Mushu, Clarabelle Cow and Jack Sparrow.

We met the Fairy Godmother in Toontown last year as well.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

We were getting off the train in Toontown, and ran into a whole pack of (for us at least) characters we don't see too often:

Cruella
    Grumpy Dwarf
    Baloo
    and a couple I can't remember off the top of my head...will have to check the pics...but it was cool!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

On our last trip we just happened to bump into Phoebus, who was wandering around echo lake all by himself! VERY COOL!
    3/88 & 3/91 off site
    3/02 ASMov
    10/03 ASSp
    5/04 adults only!(POP)
    11/04 ASMov
    1/06 CBR
    3/07 5th anniv.(POP)
    2/08 ASMov
    10/10 5k-solo trip!(ASMov)
    2/2011 princess half(POR)
    10/2012 MNSSHP(AoA)
    10/2014 ToT 10-miler(CBR)
    11/2017 family trip(POP)

FUTURE TRIPS
    1/2019 ASMusic

Post Thanks / Like

On the weekend of August 15th we were at the HM annual passholder event and cut through Tune Town to catch the train. As I got on the train, I noticed Darkwing Duck was down at the end of the road. It was a first time that I had ever seen him.
    DDuck66
    Disney Veteran

2000- Once
    2001- Twice
    2002- Three Times
    2003- Three times
    2004 Twice
    2005 Twice
    2006- October and Christmas
    2007- The year of the annual pass!!!
    2008- Concierge at the POLY!!!!
    2009- Birthdays in January and March!!!!
    2010- Lots of trips..Too many to count!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: