Quantcast Just Questions... "Retro" Rockets.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just Questions... "Retro" Rockets.

ooooooooo whump. Ouch.

Okay, we safely passed through the time warp and have landed in 1955. Your hosts Pogo and Drummerboy will be glad to be your tour guides for this excursion. If you have any questions, please ask. In the meantime, put on your Davey Crocket coonskin caps and wait for the TV to warm up for the Mickey Mouse Club.

Would anybody like some cool refreshing Kool-Aid? Let me see if the ice trays have frozen yet.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, we'll do our best to get everybody back to the future by October. 'K?
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Born on a mountain top in Tennessee,
    Greenest state in the land of the free.
    Raised in the woods so's he knew ev'ry tree, Killed him a b'ar when he was only three.

Davyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Davy Crockett King of the Wild Frontier.

Did you konw that we listen to this song EVERY morning on our way to daycare? Did you know that you must ask.... What kind of spell?
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh - the great unknown - the time before I was born! Is there anything worth doing way back then? And Pogo and Ken - this is your life???!!!
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Oh, we'll do our best to get everybody back to the future by October. 'K?
    But I'm leaving in September! What am I going to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    Gosh - the great unknown - the time before I was born! Is there anything worth doing way back then? And Pogo and Ken - this is your life???!!!
    Too bad they won't be able to post pics...since it's pre digital! and by the by Jenn I can't say I've ever heard that song..so I guess your safe on the lyrics
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! This is where I was meant to be!

Let me get my Donna Reed hair-do fixed just right and my pearl necklace and I will get back to my housework!!

Anyone wanna get a soda at the malt shop this afternoon??
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenuff View Post

Let me get my Donna Reed hair-do fixed just right and my pearl necklace and I will get back to my housework!!

Sure..right after you explain the meaning of that word "house work". It sounds a little offputting. Would we get poodle skirts too or is that the wrong era?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Que Sera Sera ---- While I do love Doris Day and Donna Reed -- can't say I'm a fan of the era overall -- huge VOID in the music world. I have a great imagination though....so I'll work with that. Do I have to wear pearls?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    ooooooooo whump. Ouch.

Okay, we safely passed through the time warp and have landed in 1955. Your hosts Pogo and Drummerboy will be glad to be your tour guides for this excursion. If you have any questions, please ask. In the meantime, put on your Davey Crocket coonskin caps and wait for the TV to warm up for the Mickey Mouse Club.

Would anybody like some cool refreshing Kool-Aid? Let me see if the ice trays have frozen yet.
    Wow! Let me grab my poodle skirt and my Mickey Mouse ears! Hey! Can someone add some color to that tv screen? Wow! There's not a Walgreens on every corner! And where's all the Chinese restaurants? This era is sure different!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    Born on a mountain top in Tennessee,
    Greenest state in the land of the free.
    Raised in the woods so's he knew ev'ry tree, Killed him a b'ar when he was only three.

Davyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Davy Crockett King of the Wild Frontier.

One, two, three o' clock , four o' clock, rock
    Five, six, seven o' clock, eight o' clock, rock
    Nine, ten, eleven o' clock, twelve o' clock, rock
    We're gonna rock around the clock tonight

Put your glad rags on and join me, hon'
    We'll have some fun when the clock strikes one

{Refrain}
    We're gonna rock around the clock tonight
    We're gonna rock, rock, rock, 'til broad daylight
    We're gonna rock, gonna rock around the clock tonight

When the clock strikes two, and three, and four
    If the band slows down we'll yell for more

When the chimes ring five, and six, and seven
    We'll be rockin' up in seventh heav'n

When it's eight, nine, ten, eleven too
    I'll be going strong and so will you

When the clock strikes twelve we'll cool off then
    Start a-rockin' round the clock again

Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    Um, that's what I'm wondering... there's no cable... no computers...no cell phones... no video games... hmmm... I do see a rope and a tire... guess we can make a tire swing from that tree over there...

Can I play a song on the juke box?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Sure..right after you explain the meaning of that word "house work". It sounds a little offputting. Would we get poodle skirts too or is that the wrong era?
    Yep, poodle skirts were the fad in 1955! Along with bobby socks and those ugly shoes... hmmm.. Nat, I forsee you hijacking the rv and hauling butt back to 2007...

Que Sera Sera ---- While I do love Doris Day and Donna Reed -- can't say I'm a fan of the era overall -- huge VOID in the music world. I have a great imagination though....so I'll work with that. Do I have to wear pearls?
    How can you say there's a huge void in the music world? The 50's is when Rock was birthed!

Only if you are doing housework... if your not doing housework then the pearls are not necessary...
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Post Thanks / Like

Wait a sec here..no cell phones? Does this mean dialing is done with those round things? I could break a nail! This may not work..how many posts to get Ken to get us back to the future? (oh and does this mean we get to meet Micheal J. Fox?)
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    Along with bobby socks and those ugly shoes... hmmm.. Nat, I forsee you hijacking the rv and hauling butt back to 2007...

UGLY SHOES??? What forseaken place are we in? What did I do? Ken..please say it ain't so!
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Alright now, let's all calm down. Yes, there are no computers, cell phones, modern couture...

BUT, there are also no computer gliches/ spam or identity theft, no outrageous cell phone bills or dropped calls, no kids walking around half naked or with their pants down to their knees and boxers showing!

So I for one welcome this change!

Now, I guess since bunko hasn't been invented yet, I'll start a bridge club! Who's in???
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Wait a sec here..no cell phones? Does this mean dialing is done with those round things? I could break a nail! This may not work..how many posts to get Ken to get us back to the future? (oh and does this mean we get to meet Micheal J. Fox?)
    UGLY SHOES??? What forseaken place are we in? What did I do? Ken..please say it ain't so!
    You got it! It's only DIAL phones... and no, MIchael J. Fox was not born yet either...

OH NO!!! I warned you that Nat would have a fit! Someone better smuggle some 2007 fashionable shoes back to the past for Nat or else she'll be changing history.... I can see her pushing Martin Luther King aside...

"Let us not wallow in the valley of ugly shoes, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of having nothing but ugly shoes, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these shoes to be stylish, that all shoes are not created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the wearers of former ugly shoes and the wearers of more fashionable shoes will be able to sit down together at the table of shoehood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of fashionable shoes.

I have a dream that my little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their shoes but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

Can't somebody stop her?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Post Thanks / Like

HEY!!!THERE IS A REDEEMING GRACE HERE...

This is the year that Disneyland opened.. back in July!!!! Oh PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Ken.. can we please please please go? Please! Walt himself is still alive and well!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Post Thanks / Like

Alright now, let's all calm down. Yes, there are no computers, cell phones, modern couture...

BUT, there are also no computer gliches/ spam or identity theft, no outrageous cell phone bills or dropped calls, no kids walking around half naked or with their pants down to their knees and boxers showing!

So I for one welcome this change!

Now, I guess since bunko hasn't been invented yet, I'll start a bridge club! Who's in???
    I'll give you the pants thing..but I'm not good at cards so Bridge won't help. And giving up my cell phone could cause mental scarring (did they have mental scarring in the 50's?)

"Let us not wallow in the valley of ugly shoes, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of having nothing but ugly shoes, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these shoes to be stylish, that all shoes are not created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the wearers of former ugly shoes and the wearers of more fashionable shoes will be able to sit down together at the table of shoehood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of fashionable shoes.

I have a dream that my little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their shoes but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

Can't somebody stop her?
    [SIZE="5"]
    This would work even though I'm Canadian? Somehow I'm not sure it would work...perhaps I could just speak before him? Maybe even head off the whole 60's beehive hairdo thing while we are here..hey we could stop polyester!! Guys wearing shirts undone to their navels! This may not be so bad after all.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, poodle skirts were the fad in 1955! Along with bobby socks and those ugly shoes...
    How can you say there's a huge void in the music world? The 50's is when Rock was birthed!
    Actually -- saddle shoes are the one redeeming feature! Love 'em and always have! Sorry -- I absolutely hate everything about 50's music including the KING .... while I appreciate what it contributed to modern good music ... listening to it makes my ears bleed.
    This is the year that Disneyland opened.. back in July!!!! Oh PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Ken.. can we please please please go? Please! Walt himself is still alive and well!
    You're warming me up to it......
    Maybe even head off the whole 60's beehive hairdo thing while we are here..hey we could stop polyester!! Guys wearing shirts undone to their navels! This may not be so bad after all.
    Now.....don't go too far. I don't think you want to be heading off the 60's (says she who is listening to the Hairspray soundtrack as she types). IMHO -- good music skips decades -- It seems to be good in the even decades and horrific in the odd ones..... Anyone agree?

Post Thanks / Like

This would work even though I'm Canadian? Somehow I'm not sure it would work...perhaps I could just speak before him? Maybe even head off the whole 60's beehive hairdo thing while we are here..hey we could stop polyester!! Guys wearing shirts undone to their navels! This may not be so bad after all.
    HEY! You're right... we could REALLY change the course of history here! What else can we stop from happening?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Post Thanks / Like

Now.....don't go too far. I don't think you want to be heading off the 60's (says she who is listening to the Hairspray soundtrack as she types). IMHO -- good music skips decades -- It seems to be good in the even decades and horrific in the odd ones..... Anyone agree?
    Sorry Jenn..I'm not doing away with the decade just some fashion don'ts. You can have the music if you like. So does this mean the 70's don't do it for you? I heard that pina colada song last night and just about died laughing in the car. Mind you I'm no musical expert since I'm a big hip-hop dance fan which apparently is bizzare.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Actually -- saddle shoes are the one redeeming feature! Love 'em and always have! Sorry -- I absolutely hate everything about 50's music including the KING .... while I appreciate what it contributed to modern good music ... listening to it makes my ears bleed.
    You're warming me up to it......
    Hmmm... I actually LOVE the music of the 50s AND the 60s...grew up hearing all my mom's records... I own several of those "Billboards Top Hits of the 19--'s" cd's. Back then you could actually understand what was being sung.. lyrics actually made sense. Yep, maybe this won't be so bad after all...

Hey... was my question left behind?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: