Quantcast Best stateroom location

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best stateroom location

Hello! I'm hoping someone can recommend a good stateroom location (either specific room or just general area on the ship). I've looked over the maps and am very confused! My husband and I are booked on a 4 night cruise to celebrate his return from a military deployment! We want a room that's pretty quiet since we're light sleepers. We have category 7 rooms (navigator's verandah). Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
    --Amy
    Aug 1996 - Dixie Landings
    Jul 2002 - WL (Honeymoon!!)
    Jul 2003 - CR (1st Anniversary!)
    May 2005 - Polynesian
    May 2006 - POR/SSR/Poly (Mother's Day Suprise!)
    June 2007 - Disneyland

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the PERFECT site for you. It has reviews of almost every stateroom on both Wonder and Magic. I will PM you the link
    Aug 2006-POFQ & MWC
    Feb 2007-DL
    Jan 2008-POP/DCL
    Sept 2009-Cont
    May 2010-POP
    May 2011-Poly/YC
    Sept 2011-Cont
    April 2012-POP
    Jan 2013- AKL
    Sept 2013- BLT/Swan
    Upcoming Trips
    April 2015- Cont/BWI

Post Thanks / Like

The "best" stateroom location is fairly subjective: I want something mid-ship because I've been told that you feel less "movement" there. If you suffer from seasickness, apparently, mid and low (i.e., on one of the lower decks) is the place to be. There are thirty Category 7 staterooms and they're located on decks 5, 6 and 7. Four of them (6134, 6634, 7120 and 7620) were originally cat 5 and 6 cabins but due to the obstructed view on the verandah, were made Cat 7.

We loved our mid-ship location. We were able to use the stairs or the elevator and be almost anywhere on the ship in no time. I thought it would be noisy for us to be near an elevator but we rarely heard noise from the hallway. With a Cat 7, I'd still try for a location near the elevators/stairs as we found it nice to be able to access other decks quickly.

Have a WONDERful vacation!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We are going in March and we have a cat 6 stateroom, can you PM me the site that tells us about the rooms as well?

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure you'll get lots of different responses to this question, so I'll throw my in to the mix.

We just returned from the 4 day Wonder. We could not have been happier with our stateroom (#6048) and location. It was a Cat. 6 (with verandah) mid-ship on Deck 6. I was also told mid-ship was best to avoid motion sickness. We never felt a thing. (Until the last night in Animator's Palette . . . but that's another story for my trip report.) And we never heard a sound from our neighbors or other passengers in the hallway. I would absolutely request the same room/location next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely personal preference when it comes to the "best" location. If you have children who will be utilizing the clubs, then being on deck 5 may be a good choice for you. There are a limited number of staterooms, so hallway noise is going to be at a minimum and it's a really convenient location to the club, lab and theatre. My other personal favorite is deck 7, towards the back of the ship. There is a nice public deck there, that not a lot of people use. Many think that it's a private deck .
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to INTERCOT, adoptionislove!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: