Quantcast Is this line cutting?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is this line cutting?

If your family gets in line for a ride/attraction while you run to get a FP, then join them in line, is that line cutting?

Or just making good use of wait time?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Line cutting.
    No doubt.

Get the FP before getting in line, or the FP person rides the non-FP ride a little after you and meets you at the end.
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

YUP!

This is line cutting!
    Gorsh I love this place...

2007 (September) GRAND FLORIDIAN yea the kids are big enough to appreciate a nice resort!
    2006 All Stars
    2005 POPa
    2004 All Stars
    2003 All Stars
    2002 All Stars
    2001 :(
    2000 All Stars
    1993 Poly
    1977 - 84 Howard Johnsons

Post Thanks / Like

Default I think it is. I did it with my DD

just once and immediately regretted it and felt slightly embarrassed about it even though we were only about 10 people ahead of the start of the line and no one said a word to me. It wasn't a big deal at all really but it felt wrong and I wouldn't do it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPanFan View Post
    YUP!

This is line cutting!
    I entirely agree. Everybody should enter the line together. Joining a group in a queue under most circumstances constitutes cutting.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

It's line cutting.

Post Thanks / Like

How about getting out of line because your toddler has to use the bathroom and coming back and re-joining your party that is still in line?
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mook3y View Post
    How about getting out of line because your toddler has to use the bathroom and coming back and re-joining your party that is still in line?
    Taking a toddler to use the bathroom is certainly understandable and I would certainly hope people would understand that. Not having young children anymore I certainly do remember the days...
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mook3y View Post
    Well, while I abhor line cutting and I have prevented people from cutting in front of me many times. (I do get great joy from that especially when it is a bunch of disrespectful teens), this situation would be totally understandable since most toddlers learning to use the potty do not understand the timing of using the potty. However, I would be descrete and maybe even let people know what you are doing so as to not annoy those around you.

Remember there will always be those who don't understand it under any circumstance so be ready for that situation.

mttafire Guest

Yeah, I wouldnt like it if a family member decided to "join" the others in line. It would be different if mom had to take a child to the bathroom while i wait in line...I would be ok with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Things happen and I understand that. If a toddler decides mid-line that she(he) has to go, I am completely understanding if one parent holds the place and the other parent takes the child to the bathroom. However, my entire party would instead either split up at that point or all leave the line. In general, I don't think it's a considerate practice for one parent to get in line while the other parent takes kids to potty or eat or get Fastpasses planning to meet up in line all the while. Barring emergencies. I think that's cutting.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We debated a similar topic in this thread about one year ago.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

The first case is definite line cutting. The kid having to go the bathroom, I'll be honest that it would depend on the situation: length of line, heat of the day, time of day. It probably wouldn't be but what are you going to do? Explain to everyone you pass on the way out that you'll be right back?? Most people would take it as line cutting.
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

For the first case, going to get a FP, then yes it is definately line cutting. I would get annoyed and upset if someone jumped in line ahead of me just because they went and got a FP. That is ridiculous. However, for the second case, taking a child to the bathroom, I don't think that is line cutting at all. That situation is totally understandable. Besides, in the very busy seasons those lines can be very long and so it can be extremely hard for a young child to "hold it" that long. I would totally understand and allow a parent to come back into line after taking their child to the restroom.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!!

Caribbean Beach Resort (several times)
    Wilderness Lodge (twice)
    Contemporary
    Yacht Club
    Polynesian
    Dixie Landings
    Coronodo Springs
    Pop Century (honeymoon!!)
    Up next CBR June 3-12!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I thinks it's OK if you have a kid or even adult in your group for that matter who need to use the bathroom to leave the line and come back. We had that happen to us a couple years ago. My niece had to go so her mom took her and a Disney CM helped them get back in line with us when they came back.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Line cutting to me = deliberately planning to come into a line later, or intending to join, leave and then rejoin a line as a plan to get errands or other things done during the course of a regular wait time.

It is NOT line cutting to me if you did not plan on it. So in the instance of a child needing to go, a child wetting themselves or soiling themselves and needing a quick clean-up, having to run to the restroom yourself when a line was much longer than posted, etc...all reasonable. It is the deliberate intention of cutting down on your own wait time that I consider line cutting.

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion the only thing that is NOT cutting in line is taking a toddler to the restroom. However, this only applies if you all actually get in line and then have to leave to take the toddler to the restroom. Deciding to split up before you get in line is cutting in my opinion. Ok, I know this is splitting hairs, but that is just the way my brain works.

By the way, there will always be people in line who will not understand you catching up with your party regardless of the reason and will give you a hard time.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I must be extremely easy going...the question posed by the OP wouldn't bother me at all.

The only time I don't like line cutting is when a GROUP of people try to move ahead to meet someONE or two who are holding a place for MANY.

If it's one person or a parent and child I don't have a problem. What's one or two more people in a line.

I wouldn't limit my tolerance to a parent and a toddler...if it's a parent and a child, no problem...go ahead. Stuff happens and who am I to know why they had to get out of line...not my place to judge. They want to get up to where their family is...no biggie...I'm good with that. Just be polite when trying to get through people. That's all I ask.

To be honest, you wait in so many lines at WDW what is one (or three) more minutes for the next cart if those one or two people joining their group put you in the next cart...actually, I'm a family of 5 so one or two seats left and I'd have to wait anyway...

We'll all get on the ride...and it won't be any different from one go 'round to another!

Don't worry...be happy...you’re at Disney.
    sláinte!

Disney Trips:
    Not enough room to list them all!!

Favorite resort: Fort Wilderness

Next Trip:
    October 2015

Last Trip:
    April 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'll be the first dissenting opinion. If a family gets in line together and one person has to leave for whatever reason and then returns to their place in line, or catches up with the rest of their family, I don't have a problem with it. Now, a whole bunch of people wouldn't be appropriate. Nor would doing it more than once. But think about it. What difference does it really make if one person from a group or family leaves and comes back or catches up with everyone else? Are they really stopping anyone else from getting on the attraction any quicker? How do you know that the person didn't have to leave for a perfectly legitimate reason? Perhaps it was for a personal reason that had nothing to do with a child. It's funny, but having said all this, we don't send someone off to get fast-passes by themselves. We stay together and get in line together. But, I don't get bent out of shape if someone else does it.
    Keven

06/76 Disneyland
    06/05 PoP Century - First time for the kids
    08/06 PoP Century - Celebrating DD's B-Day
    07/07 Pop Century - Celebrating DW's B-Day
    06/11 Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Relax! Be happy! You are at Disney World! I have absolutly NO PROBLEM whatsoever with ONE person trying to catch up with their family or group. For whatever reason. There is so much joy in riding together. I see no reason to deny a SINGLE person from trying not to be separated from their group. So many times, we have put people up in line for his very reason. They are 10, 12, even 25 people behind their group. If we find out, we actively try to get them back with their group. Done this hundreds of times.

Have YOU ever gotten behind your group? Didn't you wish SOMEBODY would be kind and patient enough to put you ahead so you could ride with your family/group? I certainly have.

I don't care if they went for a FassPass or to the bathroom, or simply got lost in the crowd and could not catch up. I want them to be with their group.

What's one person in a line going to add to your wait time? Nothing.

Now, this begs the remark: "What if every group in line had a person trying to catch up with them?" Honestly, how often is this going to happen? NEVER.

Relax! Have a heart! Let the person catch up! I mean, why ruin your vacation by taking on the task of monitoring every line you are in watching for line-hoppers. Life is too short. Get on with it! Relax! Have fun! LET THE PERSON CATCH UP WITH THEIR GROUP!

Someday, it will probably be YOU trying to catch up. Think how miserable you would be riding Haunted Mansion alone because no one would let you catch up with your family.
    "I wanted something alive, something that could grow. Something I can keep plussing with ideas. You see? The park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing. The thing will get more beautiful every year."

Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: