Quantcast History- The Walt Disney Co. and where it is today

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default History- The Walt Disney Co. and where it is today

I would like to know some things about how the corp. got started, what happened when walt passed away, eisner, the disney war, the future of the company with Iger, and most of all, what is the family doing today? Is there a possibility someone in the Disney family will become greatly involved again?

If you know a lot about this, please, feel free to write a very long post. I'm interested to here it.
    I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.
    -Walt Disney

'93 disneyworld,'94 disneyland,'95 disneyland,
    '96 disneyland,'03-'04 disneyworld,
    '04 disneyworld,'06 disneyworld,'06 disneyworld

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

(yay, this is my first post.)

I was actually looking for some of that information too. I am just finishing up reading "Walt Disney: An American Original" by Bob Thomas, which (as far as I know) is a pretty great book about Walt's life and getting the company started.
    I've also read "Work in Progress" by Michael Eisner. I read it once before, and I didn't realize people had negative feelings about him! When I was growing up in the 90s, he was the face of the company and I always liked him.
    On the other hand, people say a lot of negative things about Walt too. From the book, it does seem like he had a really strong personality and yeah, he could be a grumpy old man, but that's okay. He was brilliant. No one's perfect.
    ANYWAY. So, I don't have a lot of answers because I'm digging for information too, but I hope that helped a little.

Post Thanks / Like

I just watched "Walt Disney Treasures: Tomorrowland" (Disc 2). It was completely fascinating, seeing Walt Disney's original vision for EPCOT. It was so sad to think he died just two months after completing his sales pitch video. He was such a visionary. I can only imagine how incredible EPCOT would be right now had he been able to see it through. His brother Roy died about 3 mos after WDW opened in 1971. I believe his son, Roy is still with the company, but I don't know what role he plays or how much influence he possess. If you google Disney Family Museum, you get a website on Disney.com with a lot of information. It was a very interesting read.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought, wouldn't it be great to have a full length movie on the life of Walt Disney. It would be done as a film biography (same such as Howard Stern's "Private Parts, "Ray", Johnny Cash's "I walk the Line" or "Patch Adams). Just last week Lifetime had on a 4 hour movie about Judy Garland (sadly, I missed the first hour and a half). People are fasinated by life stories (I certainly am!).

OR

Make and release an entire "Disney legacy" documentary about Walt and the company itself. Either way, I'd be at the movie theatre or video store to see those.
    1988 Family Trip as a kid (offsite)
    1989-Family Trip (First time at MGM)
    2001-Daytrip
    2003-Trip with Friends (First time AK)
    2005-Sept 25-30-POP Century
    2006-Sept 25-Oct 1- All Star Music
    2007-Sept 9-17-All Star Music
    2008-closing of PI only
    2009-May 21-22 Disneyland/DCA

Post Thanks / Like

Walt Disney by Neil Gabler came out recently and DH got it for me for Xmas. It was an incredibly thorough book! Very well researched and a great book for any avid Disney fan. I found it to be almost hard (sad) to read - he was such a creative genius and yet, so human (had so many flaws). Poor Roy - his job was always to find the money - Walt didn't care where he got it from or how he did it either. Just so there was $$ when Walt needed it.

I got to the end of it and almost cried. It really was an amazing book but it put everything into truly realistic terms. Life was always a struggle for them.

Anyway, I recommend it!!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: