Quantcast Could you explain.....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Could you explain.....

O.K., here goes nothing.....Could anyone tell me exactly how the ADRs work.....meaning are they all just grouped together (like all the people with 8pm are under the title 8pm) or due they asssign you to a certain table? I am asking this because I would like to know if it pays off to get there early or do you just have to sit and wait til your specific assigned table becomes available??? And is it any different at the dinner shows? If you get to say "the Hoop Dee Doo Revue" early will you get a better seat in your particular catagory? Or don't waste the valuable park time???? Thanks SO much for any and all help
    Michigan Mommy, dreaming of Disney days!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe if you have,say,an 8:00 P.M. ADR.When you give them your name,they check you off as arrived and then you get the next available table at 8:00 or later unless it's slower or there are available tables because someone didn't show up on time.We very rarely have to wait more than a couple of minutes if we arrive on time.
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

Post Thanks / Like

The CM has a list of names and times of reservations but there are no tables actually reserved for specific times. You will be seated at the next table available for your party size after you check-in based on that ADR list.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

HoopDeDoo is different than regular restaurants. You will actually have a table number assigned to you - a CM will lead you there. DH and I ordered our tickets ahead of time and picked them at Will Call the evening of. Unlike other places, b/c this is a show, the doors are opened at a specific time and everyone's allowed in at the same time.

You can probably more detailed information when you call Dining.

BTW - we loved HDD - it was a great show,; from what we could tell, all the tables are good. One stellar piece of advice - GO HUNGRY!
    Shelley, Happy DW of bear_necessity.
    DVC owners: SSR since 2007
    Remain seated please. Permenecer sentados, por favor.

Last trip: DLHotel in May
    Next trip: ?? Vero maybe...

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all very much!!!! I need to take a "quit obsessing about this trip" pill
    Michigan Mommy, dreaming of Disney days!

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

We have only experienced two extremely long waits at WDW dining. One was at LTT. Apparently they forgot to list us as arrived for our ADR??? The other was at Coral Reef. We had arrived 15 min early and waited almost an hour. People were coming in and being seated ahead of us. Finally the lady said our ADR wasn't until a different time than I had thought it was. Not sure exactly what happened there. But, it didn't do any good to arrive early.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I find that if I have the time and am in the area that getting there between 5-15 minutes early for ADRs is a good idea. they will seat you at that time if they do have something available.
    -Chris R.

"We now face the danger, which in the past has been the most destructive to the humans: Success, plenty, comfort and ever-increasing leisure. No dynamic people has ever survived these dangers." --John Steinbeck

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: