Quantcast Just Got Back From Philadelphia Part 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just Got Back From Philadelphia Part 2

CONTINUED....

The Duck Tour....This was alot of fun. They have them in all the major cities that are near a body of water. The vehicle rides on the land (does not make any stops but shows you) Independence Hall, Betsy Ross's House, The Old Christ Church, Congress Hall, Carpenters Hall, Liberty Bell (you get the picture) all while making very corny jokes. It was very entertaining and nice for the few places that are out of the way of most of the other sites (ex Betsy Ross's House). Then the same vehicle takes you to Penn's Landing and you go for a tour of the Delaware River. It takes about 70 mins and is well worth the time especailly if you have kids.

The National Constution Center.... A new museum with lots of interactive stuff. Really cool.

The Arch Dig Site....They are digging in the site that was the home to Washington and Adams while they were Presidents. You can see the stone walls that they have uncovered. They are finding alot of "kitchen wares" in the "Bathroom" area.

Franklin Square......A pretty Courtyard with a very nice fountain, carosel, and mini golf. The mini golf is really cool. The holes have mini historial sites like the Ben Franklin Bridge, Liberty Bell, Independence Hall etc.

We took the River Links Ferry to Camden to see the USSNJ Battleship......We took the self guided tour (it took us an hour). This is the biggest battleship we have ever seen. It is much bigger than the ships in Baltimore. It was very impressive.

Philadelphia Art Museum..... Love this museum. Too many worth while things to list. This is a must do in Philly.

The Franklin Instutite.....Same as above. This is a great place for kids and adults. You can easily spend the whole day here.

The Lights of Liberty Walking Tour. I've wanted to do this tour for 8 years now. I was so exciting. You take this tour after dark. They give you headsets and you have a tour guide in "colonial dress" carring a lantern.
    You stop by all the historic sites in that square mile. While listening to how the Revoluntionary war unfolded and the outcome you see laser light images on the historic bulidings that correspond to what you are hearing on you headsets. The audio is in "a play" form so you hear Franklin, Washington and others talking. Get tickets in advance. They do sell out. This was definatley worth the wait.

There was more that we wanted to do but we ran out of time!!!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I plan to FINALLY do the lights of liberty tour this summer- sounds amazing.

The main reason they are excavating Washington's old house is because of evidence of slave quarters. I believe they are going to build some sort of museum when the excavation is complete.

I'm glad you had a good time here. The Art Museum is definitely amazing. I need to go visit again soon.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Pirate....I don't think you will be disappointed in the Lights of Liberty. My son wanted to do it again that night! When you do go there is a gelatti shop right across the street. It was very good!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

You got a lot done in 2 days. I'm glad that you had such a great time!
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Your trip reminds me of my last NY trip, I fit a lot in too. Glad you had a good trip.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: