Quantcast Making a strangers day at WDW - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Giving away extra FastPasses is a great thing. We've done this a bunch.

Most fun thing I've done is play with kids when I've done the DiveQuest program. It's a blast to play rock,paper,scissors with kids from inside the tank. Big smiles.

-Greg

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think giving away FP are good things also letting little kids go n fron of u in a line or something so they can get a better look. I have given and received FP and always happy to do both.
    Taylor

been over 10 times and aint stoppin.

Post Thanks / Like

I've also given FPs away, Fantasmic dinner package tickets, and taken pictures for strangers...
    Tam
    12/03-offsite 6/04-offsite
    11/04-FW Campground
    6/05-offsite
    12/05 Magical Gathering!-House rental
    6/06-offsite 10/06-offsite
    1/08-First trip with baby!!
    Universal-11/08 HRH. Added MVMCP and a day at Epcot for my Disney fix!
    1/2010, 11/10-offsite

6/16-Booked at POP

Post Thanks / Like

I give directions to many confused guests. So many families labor over maps, trying desperately to find an attraction in the wrong place. I usually walk to those people and ask if I can help.

Giving away FASTPASSes is always appreciated, too.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I lost count in April how many photo's I took for other guests We got 2 fast passes from a nice couple of young ladies outside ToT too. They were on their way out and didn't need them.

On our way of of Epcot one night a lady asked about the pedometer I was looking at to see how far we'd walked during the evening. We chatted for a while about how far we walk, and that it never feels like so far. In the end I gave her my pedometer. She was so pleased it made my day too
    Mark, Disney Dork & proud of it ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

There are a lot of little things one can do to spread the magic.
    Here are a few of our favourites:
    Give away FPs
    Take photos of other visitors
    Swap seats with families with kids if we are seated front row
    Help with park directions
    and we always carry a few pins from DLRP to give away for extra "brave" or good kids (old and young!). One time we were in line for ToT and the family in front of us was not sure their little girl would like it, but she dared. We were in the same car and the little girl was the only one enjoying the ride After we left they stopped to look at their picture and we asked if we were allowed to "award" their daughter! She was thrilled with the pin!
    DL: 92, 93, 94, 96, 97, 2000, 2006
    DLRP: 98, 99, 2000, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 WDW: 00, 02, 03, 04, 05: POR, PCR 06: YCR, OKW 07: P0R, ASMo, OKW , 08: POR, POP
    09: WDW and DCL Aug 15 to Sept 12 (can't beat free dining), CBR, OKW

Post Thanks / Like

We've done the FP gifting, photo taking as well.

Another thing we've done is if we notice some first timers on the bus we give them a few quick hints on what to do at the park (FP, which rides to hit 1st). Sharing a little intercot knowledge. (DW usually throws something in like "My husband reads all about this stuff on the internet").
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

I smile a lot, and say hi whenever I am in close quarters...elevator, walking closely, ect.

I always bring along packages of glow bracelets and necklaces, and at night at the parks I make them while we are walking around and the kids give them out to other kids. I do that on the bus or monorail on the way back to the hotel, too. Once after a Safari Celebration, the kids gave them out to most of the kids and to the guides as well, and in May I saw one of our guides and she remembered us, and told the kids she kept the bracelet!

I also give away unused fast passes, and if I ever get into a conversation with someone, I try to help them if they want it...tips, that kind of thing. I stayed with one couple and their kids at AK for about an hour, giving them suggestions for their vacation, and they loved it! I like meeting new people, I now feel like I have friends all over the country, and sometimes from other countries!

I also ALWAYS smile at each CM I see and say hi, from ride attendants to the people cleaning off trays at the counter service restaurants. They ALWAYS smile back!
    Upcoming trips:

Universal (1st time)
    September 5-8 Portofino Bay
    September 8-15 Poly GV Concierge
    MNSSHP

Oct 10-13 GF
    Nov 16-19 Contemporary 14th Floor

We've stayed at:
    Poly (Concierge),POR,POFQ,Pop WL (Concierge),AKL, Yacht Club (Concierge)
    Boardwalk Inn (Concierge)

pogo Guest

During our last trip we were given FP and we returned the favor a day or two later.

I love talking to strangers and I'll often find someone who needs an Intercot tip or two.

I also like to help out the elderly and the families. While on the bus from POFQ, I watched a young couple struggle with a big stroller and three little childeren. I grabbed the stroller from the father and said, you handle the kids, I'll handle the stroller. You could see the sense of relief on his face. We ran into them several times on the bus and each time I helped them. I recieve an email from them every now and again.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Smiles and being positive

I find that a positive attitude, even when you are in a frustrating situation, is gold. When you hear other people around you complaining, say something positive because other people hearing the negative comments may get their negative attitude.

Smile a lot! That is contagious!
    Visted Disney World since 1975
    Disney treehouses 1980's
    All-Star Movies 1990's

All-Star Music 2000-2005
    All-Star Movies March 2007
    Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa June 2007
    All-Star Movies 11/07

Jacksboro, Texas (Northwest of Dallas Fort Worth)
    Post Thanks / Like

We try all the time to do something really nice while at Disney,or anytime for that matter..we love to take pins from our home state and give them away to the cm's around the world...we also enjoy giving extras to the good wait staff..this year we are taking a pocketfull of the new gold one dollar coins to pass out...i always offer my seat to anyone i see who needs its more than me, and also will give up my spot in line for any good reason..
    First trip 1981

Married at Disney's wedding pavillion 12-22-04
    DVC owners @ SSR Dec 2005
    OKW-DEC-2004-Wedding
    VERO BEACH-DEC-2004-(honeymoon)
    ASM-DEC-2005
    SSR-OCT-2006
    SSR-DEC-2007
    AKV owners Jul 08
    SSR Dec 08
    SSR June 09
    New Baby Boy arrived Aug 3 2009 !! (our first)

Post Thanks / Like

during our "01 trip, we met an older couple who were there w/their grandkids. As they were flying home the next day, they offered us their portable stroller (we had young kids) so they wouldn't have to carry it obn the plane. they refused to let us pay them for it. So, to "pay it forward", we in turn offered it to another couple w/young kids, before we flew home. We explained how we aquired it, and were told that they would pass it on. Hopefully, the stroller was used by many others!
    74 offsite
    76 poly
    77 pol
    80 poly
    81 golf resort
    83 poly
    84 cr
    87 golf resort
    89 CBR
    98 CBR
    01 CBR
    03 WL
    04 WL
    05 WL
    2006 WL 2010 WL

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

I think once you enter Disney World you become part of the magic. We have given away unused FP's, let people with small children (at the end of a long day) skip us in line or have our seat on the bus, let children get in front of us so they can have a better view of the parades and/or fireworks. I get so much enjoyment from seeing the gratitude on the children's and parent's faces that it makes me want to do even more to spread the magic. When you're at the happiest place on earth, it's not hard to be a little kind!
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

I think just being aware of your surroundings and think about others is a big thing. There are so many adults that think nothing of stepping in front of children at the parade or fireworks and then they can't see, expecially if they are in a stroller. We should always remember that though WDW is for everyone, it is really magic for children and when adults are selfish and forget this, it is really hard to explain to children how they should think of others first. I used to not say anything to them even though I was steaming but now I tap them on the shoulder and point at the child and say, "Excuse me!" Sometimes I get "Oh, sorry!" and at other times they just look at you like you are an idiot.

Post Thanks / Like

On our trip in January we received Dream Fastpasses at AK. I think we each used one, but since I was pregnant and DS is just 3 1/2...and DH doesn't really do thrill rides, we had a lot of the tabs left on the passes. As we headed out of the parks we gave them away to a young couple probably on their honeymoon. They were thrilled.

DH received the set of Tinkerbell pins for you to keep one and give one away from the Dream Squad. We looked around for someone to give it to one day at EPCOT and saw a preteen girl with her Mom and Dad. She had a First Time visitor button on and had a new pin trading lanyard too...so DH gave it to her. She and her parents were so thrilled and touched and grateful. Turned out they were from Canada and they were just so excited to be there!
    1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1991 - Port Orleans FQ
    1998 - Wilderness Cabins
    2001 - All Star Music
    2002 - Dolphin
    2003 - Coronado Springs
    2005 - Polynesian
    2007 - Port Orleans Riverside, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Springs
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2011 & 2016 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

I've done several of the things others have talked about, and I have a new one. DW and DS were in front of me in a lane at the Indy Speedway, so I had a spirited "race" (and lost ) to a young boy and his grandad in the next lane over. The smile on his face was priceless.
    WDW Visitor since 1973, DVC member since 2000

Post Thanks / Like

I had two fp for Dinosaur and took the time to find a couple entering. They were so grateful! The nicest thing anyone has done for me is buy a water for me at one of the carts. I was obviously very hot (June) and he saw my family waiting for me and the people ahead of us had a problem with their account. I had a water in hand and he told the CM to add it to his order so I could leave faster! It made my day.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

[I also like to help out the elderly and the families. While on the bus from POFQ, I watched a young couple struggle with a big stroller and three little childeren. I grabbed the stroller from the father and said, you handle the kids, I'll handle the stroller. You could see the sense of relief on his face. We ran into them several times on the bus and each time I helped them. I recieve an email from them every now and again. [/QUOTE]

God bless you! As a mother of 3 under 5, we need more people in The World like you. Your kindness I am sure will never be forgotten!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I have met several great strangers at the parks. One time DH and I were eating breakfast at Crystal Palace and we chatted with a nice family (a married couple with three kids of 5, 3, and 1 year old), and we would take pictures of the whole family with the characters because we figured that there will be rarely any pictures of the entire family together--since the parents will be taking pictures non stop of their kids. They were grateful for that. And they took DH and me pictures together.

Another time we met this nice family waiting in line at Mickey's Philarmagic, and we ran into each other again while waiting for the Dreams Come True Parade. We chatted with them, and they were big WDW fans, so they were telling their stories and experiences there. I wish I had gotten their emails or asked them if they belonged to any message boards. Oh well...
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

When my dad was in a wheelchair, lots of people stopped and some asked me to step aside while they pushed his chair up the ramp (Living with the Land)...one man helped my dad into the restroom in EPCOT and then stayed until he finished (and it was 25 minutes)...After that trip, I try to get disney dollars for those kind and helpful people. I'll never forget the little girl's face who was with her dad (hero), who asked me to step aside to push my dad up the ramp...her face alone makes me smile in rememberance...and it's been three years...
    THANK YOU ALL YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE WHO MAKE SOMEONE'S TRIP A TRULY MEMORABLE TIME. and yes, I too try to pass it along...
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: