Quantcast Rumor: Redoing Adventure Land

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rumor: Redoing Adventure Land

I was reading on another site that there is some discussion going on about possibly revampin Adventure Land into "Pirate Land." To capitalize on the franchise of Pirates. They would take out the Swiss family tree house, redo the tiki room (again). Perhaps a resturant, rollercoaster, and redo Jungle Cruise with a pirate theme. OH and the Magic Carpets would be history.

I'm all for this. To me Adventure Land is just okay. I don't like the Magic Carpets, and I've never enjoyed Jungle Cruise. The tiki room is okay if you want to get out of the hot son, and we've done the Swiss family treehouse once in the last 4 trips. In fact we've only done Jungle Cruise once in the last 4 trips. The only reason we even head into Adventure Land is to ride Pirates, and to get a dole whip.

Thoughts? Feelings?

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

IMHO, this would not be a good decision...it's capitalizing on a fad that won't last. While it probably wouldn't hurt to update Adventureland some to make it all about Pirates would be sad. Plus some of the things now that younger kids like would be lost. My little one doesn't care for Pirates yet, but enjoys other things there. I can't imagine them getting rid of JC or ETK...even though the WDW version is such a letdown from the original (that's still at DL).
    1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1991 - Port Orleans FQ
    1998 - Wilderness Cabins
    2001 - All Star Music
    2002 - Dolphin
    2003 - Coronado Springs
    2005 - Polynesian
    2007 - Port Orleans Riverside, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Springs
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2011 & 2016 - Pop Century

TiggerRPh Guest

It might not be a bad idea....I'm not sure the hodgepodge theme of Adventureland they have now is really working.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I'm okay with it, if it's done well.

I mean let's face it ... ever since they plopped that horrid Aladdin "attraction" in the middle of Adventureland and messed up half the theming, Adventureland has been a shadow of its former self.

If they ripped that Aladdin mess out, opened the area up to traffic flow again, installed coherent theming throughout, and added a quality new attraction or two how could that be bad?

Personally, I'd rip out the treehouse and add something good there. The abomination that is the Tiki Room Under New Management could be burned to the ground and I'd never miss it. Replace these two with upgrades and remove Aladdin. That's what I'd do.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Pirates ride and the movies, but I think it would be totally wrong to redo Adventureland. I simply cannot imagine that removing classics to make room more pirates would be a good business choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Ian I have to agree with you. To us Adventure land is just something to pass through on your way to splash. I would love for some new rides and new blood in the area.

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that Adventureland could use a redo - but to replace all existing rides/attractions with ones based solely upon Pirates doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Pirates is popular now, but there is already POTC and it may become over-kill to redo a whole land.

And there is themeing in other areas that doesn't revolve around one movie or animated feature and they work just as fine. I mean, look at Fantasyland - should they decide to remake Cinderella, I'd hate to have them tear out all the other rides and make it a Cinderellaland just to ride on the popularity at the time.

Like I said, a refurb of the area in general would be a good idea - and I think one is scheduled for JC soon anyway - but please not a Pirate only area.
    Adults are only kids grown up...

March 2013 - Beach Club
    October 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    September 2009 - Contemporary
    February 2009 - Yacht Club
    April 2008 - Contemporary/Grand Floridian
    October 2007 - DLR - GC -Honeymoon trip!
    March 2007 - Poly
    February 2006 - DLR - Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Although it is not my favorite area, I wouldn't change it all. I would definately update Jungle Cruise. I don't like the flying carpets, but they just spent money putting it in not that long ago. Would they really just rip it out? I thinkg their is some updating that needs done, but I don't think I would make it all pirate themed...
    Been over 60 times!
    Last Trip: Jan 2010-
    Animal Kingdom Lodge and Disney Cruise!

Post Thanks / Like

My children are smaller so they have not seen any of the pirate movies. Last Dec though when the twins were only 3 their favorite ride was PiratesDoing the whole area though may be overkill. The kids really enjoy Aladdin's carpets as well as the Jungle Cruise. It will still be WDW either way but I just do not think we should get rid of all the classics.
    Amanda, Mom of 4

ASMo Mar 2005
    Pop Sep 2006, Jan 2014, Jan 2016
    SSR Dec 2006
    Disney Magic Jan 2008, Mar 2009, Apr 2011
    OKW Jan 2009, June 2012, December 2017
    POFQ Jan 2012
    VWL Oct 2012
    AKV Jan 2013, June 2013, Aug 2015
    AOA July 2014
    All Star Sports Jan 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I like Adventureland and would hate to see it turn into more pirates. I know there are plans to create a Pirates Character Meal and revamp the Jungle Cruise in the future. I say bring back the Original Tiki Room show and remove The Magic Carpets and all will be well with me. Hmm the studios doesn't have a hub n spoke ride they can move it there
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

There is nothing adventurous about the carpets. Although my DD and DS 4 – 8 love it. They never should of put the carpet ride there right in the middle of a path. To me it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I would not want JC scraped or the Tree House. To many memories there.
    Zip A Dee Doo Dah…Zip A Dee Day
    More Disney Fun Is On The Way
    Stay Tuned For Lots Of Fun Things
    To Zip A Dee Doo During Your Stay
    Up Next ~ Water Parks! Retro Resort TV

If you can't be there...be here!

Now Wishing I Was Standing In Line

Post Thanks / Like

I personally like Adventureland just how it is! I love all the rides in it except Magic Carpets and that is just because we have no kids yet but I think they will enjoy it when we do have them.

I know most people don't like the new Tiki Room and if you had asked me about it two months ago, I would have agreed. But after visiting the original in DL in May, I have to say I prefer the new one in WDW now. Plus it's cool for the kids to be able to identify the movie characters in there.

The Jungle Cruise will always hold a special place in my heart because I think it was one of the very first rides we did on our first trip to WDW. And it was hilarious! Even now, I think it's more about reducing the noise of the boats so you can hear and getting good cast members - that would make it more fun.

I love POTC as much as anyone but hope it doesn't become a whole themed land.
    Poly: Mar90, Jul91, Mar95, Dec98, Jul00 (future DH 1st trip!)
    WL: Oct02 (Honeymoon), Dec03, Feb07, Mar09 (DS 1st trip!)
    CSR: Oct05
    BWI: Sep08
    Other trips: Apr94,96 offsite, Aug99 Dolphin, May07 DL

Next:
    Dec09 AKV Kidani

Apr10 Poly (20th WDW "Anniversary")

Post Thanks / Like

Adventureland is personally my favorite place in all of WDW. That said, I would like the restaurant added and Alladin Removed. I would not like to see SFR Treehouse or Tiki Room removed. I don't like the Tiki Room update but its better than taking it out entirely. The one in DL seems to still be doing well I think they should bring WDW's Tiki Room back to its original glory. I wouldn't mind seeing some more pirate themeing even around the treehouse (hey there were pirates in that movie) and in the Jungle Cruise without totally changing the entire ride. I agree that the fad may wear off and really drastic changes could backfire.
    2014 POR Alligator Bayou & Beach Club.
    1978-2007 Several Visits off Property.

"Come to the Tiki Room...No one ever takes a Siesta"

"Parents hold your kids by the hair and we're clear"

"I am happy to see they brought back Orange Bird!!"

Post Thanks / Like

My family would be very upset if they took out the Tikki Room!! Although we would like to see a return to its original version, the current one still retains enough of the original to make it fun! We also love the Jungle Cruise at now exists.

I think a general tieing together of the themes would be ok, but only if it is not too heavy handed.

Post Thanks / Like

This is an interesting idea/rumor. I can see how they might want to find a theme and niche that appeals to young boys, as Fantasyland seems to be Princessville. I never saw the earlier version of the Tiki Room, but the current version gives me a migraine!

Another idea/rumor to entertain: Adding Mickey Mouse's Clubhouse to Toontown. My little ones would go bonkers!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they would remove the Treehouse. Disney is supposed to be remaking the movie, and there are pirates in the movie. It also doesn't take up much space and only needs one CM to man it.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I kind of agree with the revamp as there is not alot to do in adventureland.. however, I dont think I could bear much change because it is a classic and some changes might hurt the classic feel....

Post Thanks / Like

i personally love adventure land and is one of my favorite lands
    You may leave the magic, but your heart will always be there (psst. I'm bored) (P.S. probably will be until I return to my true home {DISNEY})

Post Thanks / Like

Noooo! Why change it.

POTC - Awesome
    Tiki Room - Corny, but a family favorite like COP. We sing the songs to put us in a Disney frame of mind (they aren't as annoying as IASW).
    JC - Relaxing and entertaining.
    Treehouse - Your workout for the day!
    The Carpet Rides - short lines for the younger kids who like the Dumbo ride and whose parents don't want to wait in the ever enormously long Dumbo ride to get the standard DUMBO RIDE Photo of the kid!
    Nobody Move! Dropped Me Brain.
    _Jack Sparrow_

All Star Music - 05/96
    All Star Sports - 10/98, 06/00, 06/01, 07/09....Can't Wait
    Pop Century - 10/04, 08/05, 07/06, 08/08 (Gustav Evacuation)
    Caribbean Beach Resort -04/08

Post Thanks / Like

I would not like this idea at all. I seem to be one of the only people on Intercot that isn't totally into POTC. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the ride, but I never wanted to see the movie. Also, even though I'm 25 and have never seen Swiss Family Robinson, I love the treehouse!! I also love the Jungle Cruise the way it is. I would be heartbroken if either of these two attractions were taken out. They make Adverntureland what it is.
    ~Jen, Jon, Collin, & Brady~

Owners in BLT!!

Next trip: BCV in February 2019!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT