Quantcast DVC owners, Have you used points for non Disney Vacations

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC owners, Have you used points for non Disney Vacations

I was just wondering if any of you DVC owners have used your points for vacations other then Disney/Disney Cruise? How was the other hotels/resorts you stayed at? What did you use your points for?

Also has being in the DVC been worth so far?
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

WE always use our points for our Disney vacations and have never been dissatisified with any portion of our membership. Just this week we booked a room in Las Vegas as a wedding gift for my sister-in-law, as a honeymoon. It was EXTREMELY easy to make an interval reservation and the point usage was comparable to a week in Disney in October. The resort was highly recommeded by the CM and we were given a rating from Disney for the resort. I will let you know how the trip goes when they travel in late October.
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

We have been members since 1994 and had always used our points for DVC resorts at WDW or HHI until 2004. We traded for Marriott Ford's Colony in Williamsburg VA. We got 1 bdroom and it was beautiful with a fireplace(not real, and not needed in JUNE!) and a great screened in porch. Master had jacuzzi tub and separate bathroom space for shower and toilet. Full kitchen with dining room table and washer/dryer. The resort is beautiful with lots of activities, pools, tennis courts, general store had pizza hut. The staff was very helpful in dining suggestions and anything you need. There were movie rentals and we feel it was very comparable to dvc. Loved the location, easy to get to Busch Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg. Only required 160 points for the whole week. I would go to another Marriott timeshare exchange. Very good experience.
    Connears
    DVC owner 2 OKW since 1994 and HHI since 2002..Too many trips to list!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Ford's Colony

We also stayed at Ford's Colony in August, 2003. We had a two bedroom unit and it was awesome. Nothing but good things to say. I don't remember exactly how many points it was but I believe it was under 200 for a seven night stay.
    Thanks,
    John

May 90 Swan
    May 91 O/P
    Oct 94 POFQ
    May 95 ASM
    May 96 AS Sp
    May 99 CSR
    Sept 99 BWV
    Oct 00 BWV
    Aug 01 DL/GC
    Oct 02 BWV
    Aug 04 BWV
    Aug 06 BWV
    Aug 07 - Grosv / BWV
    Aug 08 - WL/BWV/Dolphin
    Jan 09 - OKW / DCL / Wonder
    Jul 09 - CR / BWV / WL

Saratoga County, New York/Polk County, Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

Not yet, but I'm currently awaiting a trade for a Marriot Vacation Club on Kauai for sometime in the next year or two.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: