Quantcast PIZZA! Where's the best?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default PIZZA! Where's the best?

My teenage son, who has autism, loves cheese pizza. I would like to know where the best pizza is in the Disney Parks (MK, Epcot and MGM) and at any Disney resorts. Thanks for posting your recommendations.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Intercot!!!! I think where you live in the country may determine what kind of pizza you like. For example- I am from Massachusetts and I only like New England and New York pizza. The only pizza I like in WDW is at Mama Melrose's & Pizzafari. (and maybe another place I forgot about) I know that a lot of others on the board like pizza in other places at WDW, though, so you should get some great answers- definitely better than mine!
    April

Remy: You gotta taste this! This is... oh, it's got this kind of... mmm, it's burny, it's melty... it's not really a smoky taste. It's kind of like a certain... Pshah! It's got like this " Ba-boom! Zap!" kind of taste. Dont you think? What would you call that flavor?
    Emile: Lightningy?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks April!

Mama Melrose's will probably be one place we will try. I look forward to hearing other opinions.
    Visted Disney World since 1975
    Disney treehouses 1980's
    All-Star Movies 1990's

All-Star Music 2000-2005
    All-Star Movies March 2007
    Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa June 2007
    All-Star Movies 11/07

Post Thanks / Like

mama melroses is good but pizzafari is awesome for counter service - the ceasar salads are great too!
    playdead88

boardwalk villas may 2005
    boardwalk villas may 2006
    beach club villas april 2007

wilderness lodge april 2008
    DVC member april 08
    animal kingdom villas may 09

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Pizzafarri!! YUMMY
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

WELCOME to INTERCOT........

I stayed at Wilderness Lodge in June and really liked the pizza from there...... It was different than in the past. It was a flat bread pizza and they had the choice from Cheese and Pepperoni........ It was much better than in the past.....

BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

Post Thanks / Like

You should definately try pizzafari in AK and be sure to get a side of breadsticks!!! sooo good and the restaurant is wonderfully decorated. Another one of my favorites is at pizza planet in MGM. It's my personal favorite CS, and the desserts and side dishes are awesome and HUGE. Lucky for your son, many counter services in Disney offer pizza and its all soooooo good! but if you go to pizza planet be sure to try the giant sugar cookie, its pure bliss.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great tip!

Quote Originally Posted by mulatoqt View Post
    but if you go to pizza planet be sure to try the giant sugar cookie, its pure bliss.
    Thanks for the sugar cookie info. He also loves sugar cookies and when I told him that there was a giant sugar cookie at Pizza Planet he was so excited. Thanks again!
    Disney treehouses 1980's
    All-Star Movies 1990's

All-Star Music 2000-2005
    All-Star Movies 11/07

Post Thanks / Like

This probably won't be much help with the pizza selection problem but I saw your son had autism and needed to post a note. Our son has autism as well. He does very well but as I am sure you know, you never know what may happen when you break from a routine. We went to California Grill for dinner and he ordered the pizza, a favorite at home. The only problem was that it was on a wheat crust and when it arrived I suspected he would have nothing to do with it. Much to my surprise he loved it and ate the whole pizza. I subsequently learned that when he has pizza at school it is always on a whole wheat crust, so he was already OK with two kinds of pizza. It made me happy I didn't get in the middle of decision of the first place. The pizza at CG is quite good by the way!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Appreciate the post

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogieMan View Post
    This probably won't be much help with the pizza selection problem but I saw your son had autism and needed to post a note. Our son has autism as well. He does very well but as I am sure you know, you never know what may happen when you break from a routine. We went to California Grill for dinner and he ordered the pizza, a favorite at home. The only problem was that it was on a wheat crust and when it arrived I suspected he would have nothing to do with it. Much to my surprise he loved it and ate the whole pizza. I subsequently learned that when he has pizza at school it is always on a whole wheat crust, so he was already OK with two kinds of pizza. It made me happy I didn't get in the middle of decision of the first place. The pizza at CG is quite good by the way!
    It is good to hear from someone who understands how something so simple like pizza can be to a child with autism. You are lucky about the whole wheat crust deal. My son may like it but whenever they put orange colored cheese on the pizza he won't eat it. Hopefully I can specify "white cheese only" and hopefully they won't be annoyed. I will remember your sugggestion and thank you!
    Disney treehouses 1980's
    All-Star Movies 1990's

All-Star Music 2000-2005
    All-Star Movies 11/07

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SgtTigger View Post
    WELCOME to INTERCOT........

I stayed at Wilderness Lodge in June and really liked the pizza from there...... It was different than in the past. It was a flat bread pizza and they had the choice from Cheese and Pepperoni........ It was much better than in the past.....

wow really? ill be at WL in sept & will have to remember this...Pizza is my fav food but i didnt have any last trip...did have a calzone at CSR that was good.
    ill have to try Pizza Planet sometime.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

I'll echo the Pizzafari reccomendation at AK. I like to branch out, myself, but last time the kids (and the husbands, to be honest) were clamboring for food right when we passed it. The pizza was really good and they have salads and sandwiches, too---plus a nice, air conditioned atmosphere---and plenty of seeting. It was a nice break! Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll preface this by saying I am a pizza junkie!

I have yet to have ANY traditional pizza at WDW that taste good at all. I have eaten at Pizza Planet, albeit a number of years ago, and would have to be paid to eat what they called pizza. Papa John's is 50 times better!

As for nontraditional pizza, California Grill does some interesting stuff.

If you tell the reservationist when making your ADR's of any special requests for your son, they will be most happy to honor all requests if at all possible. I have found almost all of the restaurants at WDW to be very accomodating with requests that guests have due to any condition or even my finicky stomach!
    It is my dream to one day pilot the monorails around the Seven Seas Lagoon....where's my star!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I too am pretty fond of the pizza at Pizzafari. I will also echo the WL comment. The flatbread pizza there was great when we were there just a week ago. I had the cheese and my DH had the pepperoni, both were enjoyed!
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Our DS 6 is also autistic, and he is a big fan of Pizza Planet at Disney Studios. The pizza there is pretty good for theme park pizza, he eats every bite, but what he really loves is the fact that it's Pizza Planet from Toy Story. He's a big fan of the TS movies. I will warn you though that it can be kind of noisy, since it has an arcade, and it does not really look like the PP in the movie. That being said, he has always really enjoyed eating there.
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi -- I'm also mom to a gorgeous boy with autism -- I feel like we have a little brotherhood going on here

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that if he has a favorite chain for pizza, those place will deliver to your resort. If you took a swim break in the middle of the day from the parks, you could always order up a quick pizza before heading back out in the evening.
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed the pizza at The Pop Century food court.
    1990-Polynesian, 1998-All-Star Music, 2002-Off Property , 2003-All Star Music, 2007- Pop Century (twice) , 2008-Old Key West, 2008-Off Property, 2009-POFQ,2010-off property, 2011 - POFQ
    Next Up . . . . November 23-30, 2013- Off Property at the Star Island Resort.

Post Thanks / Like

Pizza planet at MGM.Yum

Post Thanks / Like

Pizzafari has good pizza.

Other places that have pizza that is similar (the personal pan style like at Pizzafari) are Catalina Eddie's in MGM (near Tower of Terror/Rnr) and Pinocchio's Village Haus in Fantasyland (MK). For some reason, I couldn't find any of that type (or any type!) in Epcot. Am I missing something here?
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We also really like the personal pizzas at Pop Century.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: