Quantcast So You Think You Can Dance??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default So You Think You Can Dance??

I'm surprised no one has started a topic yet? Who's watching??

I think they have a great mix of contestants this season. Eliminations are going to be so hard every week. It's a shame someone has to go home.

I could not believe Pasha & Jessi were in the bottom 3 last night. I think it's another case of folks voting for a 'person' over their 'talent'.

I was a bit bothered by all of the relatives making it this year. The odds are just too big for that to happen out of the thousands of dancers trying out.

That being said; Danny is my favorite guy. He is just so sweet and hard working. I really enjoy him. I don't really have a favorite female yet - although I do like Sabra, Jessi and Anja.

¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't watch the show last season. I am enjoying it this year, but it seems that the girls are way better than the guys ... it is kind of weird seeing the ballroom folks to normal dance, and vice versa. The boys could be cuter, but you know me, eye candy keeps me interested.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about relatives. I really didn't want to root for Lacy, but she's really good. It seems to me they're trying a little too hard to make everything modern. I know nothing about dance styles, but it was some sort of ballroom dance with the football game music. It felt weird to me.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

What happened to Jesse this week? I was flipping between this and Last Comic Standing and when I flipped back Pasha (is that how you spell his name?) was dancing with someone else and they mentioned that Jesse was not there. Did they say why??? I'm so curious!
    Nikki

1982 - Offsite - 1986 - Offsite - 1990 - Contemorary
    1994 - Polynesian/Wilderness Lodge - 1995 - Dixie Landings/Wilderness Lodge
    1996 - Boardwalk/Wilderness Lodge - 1997 - Offiste
    1998 - Disney Institute - 1999 - Offiste - 2001 - Port Orleans, Riverside
    2003 - Port Orleans, Riverside/ Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

She collapsed that morning and was rushed to the hospital. All they said was she was still in the hospital and the EKG showed irregularities. It was all happening as the show was airing.

They said they'll know more tomorrow. If she is able to continue she'll be in the bottom 3 by default - since she did not compete. Viewers could still call in to vote for Pasha since he did dance. (He danced with the instructor's partner.)

Post Thanks / Like

I also think that if she is unable to dance her solo tonight, she is automatically gone. Takes some the pressure off of the girls dancing tonight.

Of course, if they take it "easy" Nigel will rip them and not let them forget about it....
    1970-1990 Disneyland - 4 Day Trips
    1980-2001 WDW - 6 Day Trips
    2007 Polynesian (First Resort Stay!)
    2008 Polynesian - planning

GO HOKIES!

All my thoughts and prayers...
    Rest in Peace fellow Hokies
    04-16-2007

Post Thanks / Like

We're watching . . . DH really likes Lacey, but I almost don't like her because she's Benji's sister. I don't quite understand why they let people who dance competitively try out ? Isn't she like the Jr Champion in different ballroom styles ?

I really like Jessi and Kameron.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoy this show. Dancing is a talent I always wished I had. Everyone remaining in the competition at this point is so talented it will be tough to choose who should be eliminated. I like the way "America" votes for the bottom three but the judges, who consider the dance & not so much the popularity of the person, make the final elimination decision. I wish it remained this way throughout the entire season.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I like Pasha, Neil, and Sabra. Lacey is okay, too. But now Cedric is really getting on my nerves, it seems like he is only getting sympathy votes because the judges are harsh on him.

Did anyone else feel embarrassed for Pasha when he was dancing with "Bette Midler?" lol..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLove06 View Post
    ... Did anyone else feel embarrassed for Pasha when he was dancing with "Bette Midler?" lol..
    No. I thought it proved his worth even more since he could switch to such a different partner on such short notice.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLove06 View Post
    Did anyone else feel embarrassed for Pasha when he was dancing with "Bette Midler?" lol..
    Embarrassed? No.

He should have been, and I'm sure was, honored. Melanie LePatin is a 4 time North American Latin Champion. She and Tony run a very prestigious studio in NYC and dominated ballroom and Latin dance for 20+ years when competing.

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I are obsessed with this show!! I was shocked at Jesse being outsted. I guess not shocked but just that Nigel said "Jesse, we'll be losing you tonight" Boom, that's it, nothing else. I was sad for Jesus too, he was such a sweetie. I have to say my favorite is Pasha, and Sabra for the girls. Dominic is pretty great too, he surprises me every week. This is so much different then last season, I loved Benji and that was it, this year I have so many favorites. It's so hard every week at eliminations because they all deserve to be there. My DH thought that the lady Pasha was dancing with was a little awkward until I told him that she was a world champion and it was amazing that she stepped in to help him/the show. It was great!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, Im not much of a dancer (obviously ) but I thought the judges or Cat maybe would have introduced her as something other than..Melanie..

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! I loved the opening segment tonight ... a little tribute to Hairspray?

I still don't have any real favorites though.

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    WOW! I loved the opening segment tonight ... a little tribute to Hairspray?

I still don't have any real favorites though.
    Except that song has been used three times in two seasons, now. *yawn*

I love Hok. Yes, last week was not stellar for him. But overall.

Jessie was my first fave of the girls, and I am still trying to get over her being dismissed. I think second fave? B-girl.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Clotho View Post
    Except that song has been used three times in two seasons, now. *yawn*

I love Hok. Yes, last week was not stellar for him. But overall.

Jessie was my first fave of the girls, and I am still trying to get over her being dismissed. I think second fave? B-girl.
    I haven't watched the last 2 seasons ... but it's probably cheap to pay the royalties on that song then!

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

I've watched every season and still enjoyed the opening segment.

They may use the same song - but the change in choreography and dancers makes a huge difference.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a huge hip hop fan but I think Shane is one of the better choreographers on the show. Sometimes Tice Diorio's (sp) dances make me cringe . . .
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Momof2boys View Post
    I'm not a huge hip hop fan but I think Shane is one of the better choreographers on the show. Sometimes Tice Diorio's (sp) dances make me cringe . . .
    I agree. Wade Robson is the one that always impresses me with his choreography. The number he did for Lauren and Neil was completely innovative and amazing! Remember the opening number he did a few weeks back? PHENOMINAL.

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

This is my favorite reality show overall and I am so impressed with the talent overall this year. So many outstanding dancers, it's hard to pick favorite...but I think mine is Dominic. Dominic and Sabra are by far my favorite couple (although when Jesus was there, he and Sara were a close 2nd couple- DH was especially mad when Jesus left, he was his favorite). I love the chemistry between Dom & Sabra and I enjoy his personality/sense of humor. I hope he wins it all.

Pasha is awesome too...I like the pairing of him and Sara. Neil is growing on me as well, but I'm not crazy about his partner.

Great to see some love for this show...I find it far superior (and less mean) than American Idol.
    WDW Aug 1990
    WDW Aug 1993- Dixie Landings
    WDW Jan 2003- Coronado Springs
    WDW Apr 2005
    WDW Feb 2006- Wilderness Lodge
    WDW Sept 2007 *MY BIRTHDAY*
    DL July 2011 LA/Vegas trip
    WDW Sept 2012 Birthday Extravaganza #2

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: