Quantcast Worst Meal EVER in WDW - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say Alfredo's was the worst for us. Bad service (waitor impatient and hard to understand) and bad food. 4 of the 5 of us got sick on their fettuccine alfredo.
    2007/2008-Pop Century
    2005-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004-Port Orleans Riverside
    2003-Port Orleans Riverside
    2002-Contemporary Resort
    2001-All-Stars Movies
    2000-All-Stars Music
    1998-All-Stars Sports
    1997-Offsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Would have to say Biergarten. Service was horrible and the food while not the most horrible thing I have had it was not good.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm probably in the minority with my choice, but it is the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Food was OK for me - I don't eat beef and ordered the tuna steak which just wasn't cooked right for me. It was rare like I like it, it just wasn't seasoned very well. DH and MIL seemed to enjoy their food.

But our biggest gripe was the service. Our waiter was horribly unattentative and rushed us beyond belief. Brought out one course within 2-3 minutes of the one before and just shoved the plates we were using out of the way. Also, MIL and myself were finished, but DH wasn't. The server took our plates away, started wiping the table, and asked if we wanted any dessert while we...and I quote..."wait for him to finish".

I did write to the management and they called me on the phone. I sort of thought they would offer a coupon or discount on a future meal, but all we got was an apology from someone representing the restaurant. I'm sure the waiter never thought twice about it since he got his tip because we were on the DP. Oh well, live and learn

Another bad experience (a couple of times) has been at Columbia Harbor House. Food has been fine, but the servers really seem to hate their jobs. They never smile, never say thank you, hardly ever even make eye contact. Wonder why that is? Not supposed to be a theme is it?
    DVC Member Since 2000
    1998 - Offsite (Our Honeymoon!)
    1999 - Offsite
    2000 - GF & BWV
    2001 - BWV & OKW
    2002 - OKW
    2003 - OKW
    2004 - OKW
    2005 - OKW & Gaylord Palms
    2006 - OKW & Omni Champions Gate
    Most Recent Magic! - November/December 2007 - OKW & AKL

Post Thanks / Like

We've had 99% great meals. Occasionally the service suffers a little (Coral Reef comes to mind). The only time I had anything I just couldn't or wouldn't eat was at Cosmic Rays. I ordered a rib platter and it was disgusting. Completely slathered in sauce, and the ribs were so extremely fatty, I really couldn't find a none fatty bite anywhere. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Now, I had some fabulous ribs the other night at Boma -probably the best I've ever had, so at least someone on Disney property knows how to cook ribs. Perhaps Boma's chef could do a rib seminar for all the other cooks...but I digress...
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Default Roaring Forks

It's not like it was REALLY awful, but I ended up feeling like it was a waste of CS credits in the dining plan when there were so many good CS restaurants in the parks.
    Kim1st
    1982 & 1985 Grandma's house
    10/2006 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

The worst meal I have ever had in Disney would have to be Planet Hollywood in DTD, we orderded an assortment of appitizers, that came out cold, we got potato skins and the middle of the potato was raw, ( which is horrible) and then we got the bill 50 dollars for 3 apps and 3 iced teas... a little too pricey for my taste.. I would never go back there again, I would rather go to Mc donalds.

Post Thanks / Like

The worst meal for me was at Rose & Crown. I ordered a chicken dinner & the chicken was very dry. It was cooked way too long. Another bad meal was at Sci-Fi. Not much to choose from & the service was extremely slow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LovinWDW View Post
    Two Words......

CAPTIN JACKS
    that was ages ago though...
    havent had any really bad since then that i remember
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Our worst table service meal was at Tony's Town Square....we went there for dinner and will never go back. The service was very poor and the freezers were broken the day we were there - instead of telling us that icecream wouldn't be available because of this, they brought DS(6) and DD (7 at the time) melted icecream that they would not eat. We did not tip and will never be back - we couldn't believe it.
    The worst counter service meal we've had is the electric umbrella....we've been there twice and I don't understand why it's always so bad.
    Our best meals have been at Liberty Tree, Le Cellier and Les Chefs de France.
    BCV June 2009
    Swan Mar 2009
    OKW Sept 2008
    BCV July 2007
    BCV Dec 2006
    AKL Jan 2006
    ASM Oct 2005
    BCV Oct 2005
    BCV May 2005
    BCV Dec 2004 (our first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ldn324 View Post
    Another bad experience (a couple of times) has been at Columbia Harbor House. Food has been fine, but the servers really seem to hate their jobs. They never smile, never say thank you, hardly ever even make eye contact. Wonder why that is? Not supposed to be a theme is it?
    We had a similar experience. My DBF was waiting behind another couple after we'd ordered and I guess our food somehow was done before them. He was trying to nicely make his way around them when the woman behind the counter told him "Come on, hurry up!" I was kinda in shock and we just went off to our table and laughed it off. It just seemed soooo out of place with all that happiness and magic.
    1999 Coronado Springs
    2007 Pop Century
    May 4-11, 2008 Coronado Springs

southern Indiana - 16 hours away from paradise
    Post Thanks / Like

This post is right all my alley!! Our trip in May was filled with not-so-great meals to down-right-terrible meals.

First of all, a little background on our group. There were 8 of us altogether- 4 adults, 4 kids(14,8,6,2) We used the dining plan. We had a terrible time with our ADR's being all messed al we arrived so that may have impacted our opinions some. And for the most part, it was the first time any of us had eaten at WDW restuarants. Maybe our hopes were a little high...Just so you know, we aren't picky eaters, either.

I will just list the restuarants and the problems or else I will be writing this all night...

Chef Mickey's - no complaints - good food, good service
    Norway's Princess Breakfast - cold bar was almost empty the whole meal, the hot food brought to our table was cold and didn't taste very good, service was so-so but they were very busy so we understood
    Whispering Canyon - food was O.K., service was lousy, couldn't get refills on drinks or skillets
    O'Hana - service was good, food was lousy, the 14-year-old got sick after eating here
    Le Cellier - service was alright, food was good
    Liberty Tree Tavern - food was excellent, service was horrible, server was rude when asked for refills on anything
    Mama Melrose - service was alright, food was nasty, will definitely never eat here again!!
    Sci-Fi Cafe - another all around good experience for us, loved the food, the server was wonderful
    Concourse Steakhouse - good food, good service
    Crystal Palace - good food, good service

We will be trying the dining plan once again in October so lets hope it goes a little better.
    °0° Lori °0°
    '13--Pop and BCV
    '12--Pop and OKW
    '11--POR and AKV/BLT
    '10--POR
    '09--Pop and BCV -- Our first trip "home"
    '08--Pop and Poly-1st P&PP
    '07--Pop Century - 1st MNSSHP
    '07--ASMu--First family trip
    Many, many trips as a child with my parents

Post Thanks / Like

I had a VERY bad reaction to a burger from the Sci-Fi. I was hurting that day. It was also the time several years ago when Disney had issues with tomatoes and they had several dozen reports of food poisoning. Add me to that list. I was also not impressed with the food at the Garden Grill. That was purely based on taste and not the after effects
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

The Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace, or whatever they called it....Smelled almost exactly like Stitch.......or like those rotten duck eggs from the Phillipines...."Balutes????"....

Second place...hmmmm...that noodle bowl was so bad, nothing else came close....
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

Out of many many trips to WDW, the only bad meal I think we have had was at the Rose & Crown and it was not our first time eating there. We had dinner there several years ago and enjoyed the place but last year we went and had one of the worst meals ever. The food was not up to par at all and tasted rather bad. The service was excellent and the view for Illuminations was the best ever. Unforturnately the food that night will have us questioning whether we ever want to eat there again.

Post Thanks / Like

uh-oh...I know I am going to surprise some when I say this, but it's the truth. Our worst meal ever was breakfast at Cinderella's Castle.

Maybe it was just an "off day." The food was not even mediocre. My husband wanted water and the CM replied "Oh, you mean from the moat?" The water actually tasted like that's where it came from. It was probably the worst water in the park.

Sorry... I am just being honest.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to second the fact that the Room Service Pizza is awful! We've ordered it at Pop and CBR and it was the same overpriced, underwhelming pie at both spots. On the other hand, I actually like the personal pies at Pizza Planet.
    I don't think we've had a bad meal... My 2 experiences at Sci-Fi were "great!" and "eh" but nothing terrible.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Le Cellier (I think, I tried real hard to forget) in France, Epcot. I ordered escargot (sp?) for the first time and loved it. Ate dinner, and then decided on more "snails" instead of dessert. One hour later I was prayng to get back to the room QUICK or was going to happen. It did, on the bus, in a bag that just seconds before had a bottle of French parfume' in it. In the lobby bathroom Then running to the room Next day missed my flight because I couldn't even move....food poisoning you ask...no. Silly me, allergic to SNAILS. Insurance picked up doctors call and Disney comp'd us the room for a night. NOT DISNEY'S FAULT! DH ordered room service (Poly) while I was sick the next day. 2 hrs and 45 minutes later food arrived....not HIS food, a pizza. He ordered some type of deli sandwich and a cup of soup w/ a Coke. He decided to dash from the room hoping I would stay in bed for a few minutes and grabbed the stuff himself. It took him 12 minutes.
    Jan 93 Disney Villa's
    May 96 Port Orleans
    Apr 97 Off Prop.
    Oct 98 All Star Music
    May 01 All Star Sports
    Feb 02 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    May 02 Beach Club
    Sep 02 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Oct 02 Polynesian
    Feb 03 Polynesian
    Oct 04 Fort Wilderness Campground
    Dec 07 Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvdiznee View Post
    And more recently the "lobster bisque" at Concourse Steakhouse.
    The bisque was forgivable, but the service wasn't. We had reservations and they sat us right behind the hostess booth- lousey view of all of their office supplies and everyones purses! We felt like we'd arrived unannounced and they'd squeezed us in.
    Pinnochio Village Haus! (or whatever it's called) I foolishly got the ketchup basted frisbee and a small beverage. The seating was totally unorganized and inadequate- people were hovering over you hoping you'd relinquish your table quickly- we did.

2004-Allstar Movie
    2004-Allstar Movie
    2006-Allstar Movie- he proposed!!

2007-Allstar Movie
    2007- Allstar Music
    2008- September, December trip
    2009 June, Novemebr trip

"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's very tough to read"
    M Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Worst was at Liberty Tree Tavern and we would not go back even if it were free.
    Really other than Crystal Palace, we manage to never eat at MK, it has the worst food other than CP, which we love for breakfast or dinner.
    Other than that we have always had great food at Chef Mickeys, La Cellier,1900 Park Fare, Tusker House and most all the counter service at WS has been great as well as Marrakesh.
    We do love Sci Fi, we only do lunch there and the sandwiches are good as well as the Artichoke Dip, never been disappointed.
    We have read so many bad reviews of Coral Reef, San Angel, Alfredo's, Mama Melrose,Rose and Crown and Beirgarten that we have so far avoided those places.Although we have found the counter service fair in those countries to be quite good. go Figure.
    Kim, Mom of Two Russian Angels

Post Thanks / Like

We didn't like Liberty Tree....The meat was tough and dry; the stuffing tasted like cardboard; the mac and cheese tasted like rubber.

My other was Tony's, and my very good friend told me I would love it. It wasn't horrible, but less than tasty.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: