Quantcast Tell me Everything about the Epcot Food & Wine Festival

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tell me Everything about the Epcot Food & Wine Festival

Just wondering if what it's like at the Epcot Food & Wine Festival.

Is it so crowded that you can't enjoy the park?

Are the crowds mostly in the World Showcase or in Future World also?

Are certain week/weekends more crowded than others?

What Food & Wine Festival attractions are not to be missed?

Thank you for any info.
    Jeanie
    Next Trips:
    March 2014 - Wilderness Lodge
    Past Trips:
    June 2012- POP Century
    May 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    October 2007- Pop Century
    May 2006- Wilderness Lodge
    August 1996- Off Site
    Several Trips to Disney Land & World as a kid

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Portland, ME (1421 miles from the Magic!!)
    Post Thanks / Like

We've been twice during the food & wine festival and I highly recommend it! I'm not sure about which weeks are busier, but we didn't seem to have any problems with lines, etc. We noticed a few more people to be 'around' than other times of year that we've been, but nothing we found bothersome. Be sure to check out any wine tastings that work into your schedule - they're free if you're willing to wait in line. Also, the beer tasting in UK was great too. We really love it. I've heard the special events are great, but we've never participated. We just walk around the world and eat and drink. Hope you have a GREAT time!
    "Veggie, veggie! Fruit, fruit!"
    Next Trip: April 2013 - POP
    Previous Trips: 11/12 – ASMu; 8/12 – ASMu; 2/12 - CSR; 12/08; 9/08; 5/08; 2/08 - POFQ; ‘06; ‘05; ’04- ASMu; ‘02-Offsite; ‘01-ASMo; ‘00; ‘99; ‘97-SOG; ‘96-FW Cabin; ‘94-CBR; ‘92-CBR; ‘90-CBR; ‘88-Poly; ‘86-Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Nights, especially weekend nights are pretty crowded around the world Showcase.

Post Thanks / Like

We have been twice, I can not recall if we were there on a weekend or not but there were no real problems with crowds. Sure you had to wait for some things, but it's not really waiting just a slight delay 5 minutes or so to get into a wine tasting. I just remembereed last year we were there for the last weekend of the Food and Wine fest no real crowds. And of course what is your definition of crowded? Last year we also made it down for New Years I wouldn't go there at that time again if I were paid to do so. Seriously, go and enjoy.
    74-79 poly w/parents
    99' WL - 00' WL- 01' WL - 02' WL - 03' WL
    04' WL - 04' AS Sports - FEB 05' WL - May 05' POR
    Sept 05' POR cancelled/Katrina
    Oct 05' BCV, Mardi Gras 06' WLV
    Labor day 06 SSR, November 06, Dec POR, Aug 07 BCV, Feb 08 WLV
    Easter 08 OKW, Labor Day 08CBR,Nov08 SSR, Next feb09?

Post Thanks / Like

Any thoughts on finding a place for Illuminations since it's so crowded during evenings and the food booths take up space? (during the F&WF)

Post Thanks / Like

We stand on the bridge by the old Odessey restaurant wich the first aid and baby station is. This way on the busy days you can go around and miss all the traffic commong out of the WS. You can see everything here and it is not busy. As for what what to miss are the food booths. You can graze around the world and there is so much to choose from. We have not done any special programs that we had to pay extra for so I can not answer that. But alot of the countries will have during certain times of the day things about their country. Wine tasting are good but do not miss the champagne booth. It is such a wonderful time to go and for DH and DW this "our thing" our most fav thing to do in all WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

We've been there 4 times during the food & wine festival, twice during the first weekend and twice in the middle of October. The first weekend isn't too crowded, we've been there the week before and it definitely picks up when the festival starts. The middle of October was quite a bit more crowded. We're not big wine drinkers but if you have the dining plan you can use a snack for most of the food at the stands. It started last year and on the big menu in front of the stand it'll have, the ddp next to whatever is eligible. Have fun, try not to drink too much.

Natazu Guest

Is it so crowded that you can't enjoy the park?
    not at all, Oct - early Nov is a relatively slow time. School is in session, ergo, a great time for an adult event

Are the crowds mostly in the World Showcase or in Future World also?World Showcase is definitely more crowded than FW but there's still plenty of wait time for Soarin', MS, & TT.

Are certain week/weekends more crowded than others?
    The end of Oct is a little busier. Friday, Saturday & Sunday are great times to enjoy the other parks. Lots of locals come out to F&W

What Food & Wine Festival attractions are not to be missed?
    One word: Party for the Senses
    Do not miss this. It's worth every penny.

Post Thanks / Like

We're going to be in the parks the first weekend of the the Food & Wine Festival & I am really looking forward to taking some of it in. Has Disney released a schedule of events yet and if not, when should I start looking? I remember reading somewhere that you can start making reservations for the special events as of 6 August.

Robyn
    I never look back, darling! It distracts from the now.

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I have done the F&W back in November in 2003. It shouldn't be too crowded unless if it's on a holiday or during the weekend when the locals come out.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

The weekends really pick up. We met a lot of AP holders that come up during the weekends to enjoy the specil events.
    It's like a giant party all around.
    We found a bench near China and sat down a half hour before Illuminations. We people watched until it was time for Illuminations at which time we turned around on the bench and enjoyed the show

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: