Quantcast Year of 100 Questions: #60

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Year of 100 Questions: #60

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Weeklong Disney Cruise

32 42.67%
  • Split Cruise/WDW Vacation

43 57.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Year of 100 Questions: #60

First of all, Happy Father's Day to all of you dads out there. I'll include myself in that group.

I want you to make a couple of assumptions for today's question: First, that you would like to do a Disney cruise in some form and second, I'm more interested in which of the two choices you'd enjoy more...don't factor in costs.

Your choices are:
    - A weeklong Disney cruise
    - A split stay cruise: Cruise (4/3 nights) and stay at WDW (3/4 nights)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Never been on a cruise (but would love to try one!) and DH really does not like the idea. Split stay would probably be the only way I could get him to go.

Post Thanks / Like

This is one that we've already talked about. We would love to do a week long Disney Cruise and have looked into it considerably. We thought it would be a good change to the parks and we could still get our Disney fix at the same time. But with the age of our boys, it makes it hard to take them out of school for a week and they don't have any week cruises scheduled that coincide with their time off so we have with-held that idea.

But if I understand the question correctly, what would we enjoy more...that would be the week long cruise. The 3/4, 4/3 split with parks would be nothing more than a tease of both to us. You're just starting to have fun when it's time to leave.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Voted for the split, but I suppose it would be more relaxing to just do the cruise. After all, how does the combo work? it must be a pain in the behind getting from the ship to Orlando. I assume they have a bus, but that's like having a lost day to travel. Still, I'd hate to miss WDW.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

I did the land and sea cruise and really didn't like it. They tried to fit to much into the few days you where on the cruise. Next time I will do just the cruise and hope for a better experience.

Post Thanks / Like

We decided on a split for this November. We originally started planning for just a 7 night cruise, but since we live in California, we didn't want to take the flight without making a trip to the parks as well (it has already been 5 years since we've been to WDW).

Now we are cruising for 4 nights and staying for 8 days to enjoy the parks. Can't wait.
    Karen
    California Dreamin' with "JustCallMePhil"

WDW - 2002 OFF SITE
    Disneyland - Many, Many times
    DCL & WDW at POP- Nov 2007!

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for the week long, because I don't like Disney's land/sea options. 3 nights on the cruise is way to short, but on the flip side, having only 3 days in Disney is definitely not enough time either.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I chose the split, we have friends who love to cruise, but one of them isn't a Disney Fan . We figure that this may be a way to get him to go along, if we split a cruise and stay to work him into the park gradually. Of course we would then add extra few days or so to our own time at the park at the end so we could get some "extra magic". But I guess that changes the rules of the question, Disney always said to dream big.

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for the week-long cruise... 3-4 days in either place just isn't long enough! My preferred option would be two vacations: a week-long cruise and then head back to Florida at some other time for a week at WDW.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

These polls are getting tougher to answer!

I voted for a weeklong cruise. I've never done a cruise (although I would like to, and a Disney cruise would be ideal), but I'm not a big fan of 3-4 day vacations. For me, personally, it needs to be at least 5-6 days to be considered a true vacation. And I think splitting up the time, while probably really nice, wouldn't give me enough time to fully enjoy either experience. But hey, that's just me...
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

In the spirit of answering the question the way it was asked I will say the weeklong cruise. I have no desire to pack everyone up (DH, 3 DDs, and myself) trek to WDW, stay 3 nights, pack everyone up, move to the ship, cruise another 3 nights, and then pack everyone up yet again!!!

(As a little observation, there are no packing smilies! A little surprizing for a vacation site. Okay back on track.)

DH and I were talking about doing the cruise with our girls (we've decided to wait until they are a little older 10, 2 1/2, & 7 months) but I really want to do WDW as well (I don't think that I could fly into Orlando Int'l and not go to WDW. Talk about torture!!!). The split options are too short on both ends in our opinion. We've decided that when we do cruise we'll do a week in WDW and then the cruise for a week. That way we can run ourselves ragged in WDW and then relax on the ship.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to do a Disney Cruise and if I'm going to do it, I'm going all the way!! We've been the The World so many times I don't think we would need to stay on land. I'd rather have as much time on the cruise ship to experience everything there is.

171 more days!!

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

Since we have not taken a cruise before, I believe the first one would have to be a split. If we enjoyed it and no one got terribly sick we would maybe try a weeklong cruise.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm taking my first ever Disney cruise (any cruise, for that matter) this November and we're booked on a 7-day. Normally, I would not have done this, but I found out that Margaret Kerry (AKA Tinkerbell) is on this cruise and there will be some special events - I couldn't pass that up! We are doing a week in WDW before though (can't imagine being so close and not going)! Going forward (and assuming I enjoyed a cruise) I'd do land/sea - though probably with a shorter cruise after a week or more at WDW.....
    All it takes is faith and trust and a little pixie dust!
    Poly 72-78 LBV Fairway Villas 79-84
    Palace 85
    ? - 86-89 Off Site 93
    CS 99 LBV Hilton 02
    DVC Vero Beach 03
    POR 10/04 & 12/04
    ASMu 5/05
    DL Hotel 8/05
    CBR Sept/Oct 05 Poly 12/05
    POR/WL/AKL 9/06
    BC 12/06
    POR 10/07&DCL 11/07

Post Thanks / Like

I have never done a cruise before and I'm really not sure if I'd like it, but I'd love to give it a try. So I went with the split stay. If I don't like the cruise, I won't be there for long, and if I do like it, I'll take a longer cruise another time. We've done Disney in 4 days and 3 nights before and had a great time.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not crazy about going on a cruise, but I take it no problem with a couple of days at WDW included

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

If I'm going to go on a cruise I want to have the whole affect and not everything jammed into a shorter amount of time so I went with the weeklong. It would be perfect to do like some others suggested and spend a week at WDW before the cruise. I totally agree that being so close and not visiting would be torture, but a week of both?

Post Thanks / Like

I picked the split because I can't imagine being the close to WDW and not going!!!
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

This past October, my wife and I took our first cruise (not just first Disney cruise, but any cruise at all). We opted for the 4 day Bahama cruise on the Wonder, flanked by a few days at WDW both before and after. We had such an amazing time that this time, we're skipping WDW entirely and going straight for the 7 day Western cruise on the Magic. Of course, timing it for New Year's Eve is just icing on the cake!
    Rob
    WDW Trips - Too many to list due to sig file character count limit! :(

Most Recent Cruise: DCL 7-day Western Caribbean Cruise - 12/29/07 - 01/05/08 - New Year's Eve at Sea! Woo Hoo!

Most Recent WDW Trip: 5-day stay at Old Key West 12/6/12 - 12/10/12

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to do the best of both. In February going to WDW for 4 nights and then a 7 night Western Cruise (our first!). From all I have read it did not seem like a 3 or 4 night cruise would be enough. Can't wait!
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: