Quantcast Honeymoon Dinning Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Honeymoon Dinning Question

Hi all,
    We'll be at DLR for two days during our honeymooon in October and I really want it to be special, not only because it is our honeymoon, but also because it is my fiance's first time at Disneyland!

First, is Steakhouse 55 worth the money or should we go to another place (and if so, where?) And I know I'm getting my ADR days mixed up - it is 60 days out for ADRs at Disneyland, correct?

Thanks for the help!
    Adults are only kids grown up...

March 2013 - Beach Club
    October 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    September 2009 - Contemporary
    February 2009 - Yacht Club
    April 2008 - Contemporary/Grand Floridian
    October 2007 - DLR - GC -Honeymoon trip!
    March 2007 - Poly
    February 2006 - DLR - Grand Californian

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    BelleBeauty Guest

Blue Bayou is incredibly romantic. Club 33 is the ultimate dining experience in the park. It is a private club, so I'm not sure how you go about making an ADR. I would ask the CM you speak to about it, and see if you have to get in touch with someone else to get a reservation. Being that it is your honeymoon, I would think they would help you.

Post Thanks / Like

Priority Seating arrangements for dining at the Disneyland Resort may be made up to 60 days in advance. (714-781-3463).

Unless things have changed very recently the only restaurant not available for PS is Rainforest Café. You must call them directly. Club 33 is a members only establishment and not available to the general public.

I think Steakhouse 55 would be nice for a special honeymoon dinner. It is a very quiet, relaxing restaurant experience.

While Blue Bayou is also nice there is more of a hustle & bustle feeling to it, being as it is inside Disneyland with families using it as a meal between rides.

If you are more interested in a Japanese style dinner you might want to consider Yamabuki at the Paradise Pier Hotel. Never a crowd.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

YES! Setakhouse 55 IS worth the money!!! GREAT food and like tinkwest said, very quiet and relaxing.
    I was THERE on July 17, 2005!

Premium AP Holder at DLR
    Joined Intercot West - May 2002
    Good Bye Intercot West! You were a good friend!
    Nancy

Post Thanks / Like

Great - thank you all for the advice!
    Adults are only kids grown up...

March 2013 - Beach Club
    October 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    September 2009 - Contemporary
    February 2009 - Yacht Club
    April 2008 - Contemporary/Grand Floridian
    October 2007 - DLR - GC -Honeymoon trip!
    March 2007 - Poly
    February 2006 - DLR - Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Steakhouse 55 is my favorite restaurant. Wonderful elegant atmosphere and terrific food! Try them for breakfast too. (Reservations are recommended for dinner, but not necessarily for breakfast.)
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default my top three picks

My first choice based on atmosphere, romance, price and food would have to be the Balcony at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney. The food is great and reasonably priced, but if you get a reservation on the balcony during the fireworks... let me tell you it was the most romantic diner I have ever had in my life! The balcony is very small, I think there was only two tables and it was very private, and the view of the fireworks was great.

My second choice based on Food alone is Napa Rosa at the Grand Californian Hotel, it is a truly great dining experience, the food is so good and a nice romantic atmosphere. It is very pricey but worth every single penny.

If I was looking to eat in the Disneyland Park itself than I would say Blue Bayou, and in California Adventure the Wine Country Trattoria.

Post Thanks / Like

the vineyard room (upstairs, not on the ground level) at the golden vine winery is first class fabulous. we went there on our anniversary and had a four-course meal with wine pairings (there is also a five-course meal). it was unbelieveable. they even brought out a little something special that was compliments of the chef. quiet, gorgeous, and a sensual (as in involving all five senses) experience. my highest recommendations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjm12000 View Post
    My first choice based on atmosphere, romance, price and food would have to be the Balcony at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney. The food is great and reasonably priced, but if you get a reservation on the balcony during the fireworks... let me tell you it was the most romantic diner I have ever had in my life! The balcony is very small, I think there was only two tables and it was very private, and the view of the fireworks was great.

My second choice based on Food alone is Napa Rosa at the Grand Californian Hotel, it is a truly great dining experience, the food is so good and a nice romantic atmosphere. It is very pricey but worth every single penny.

If I was looking to eat in the Disneyland Park itself than I would say Blue Bayou, and in California Adventure the Wine Country Trattoria.
    I agree with you 100% couldn't have said it better my self!

Post Thanks / Like

I also say The Vinyard Room. I have dined at Club 33 (and yes - it is a members only place) and the food at the Vinyard Room blew Club 33's food away. It would be on my top 5 best meals of all time!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: