Quantcast Where would the characters fit in World Showcase?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where would the characters fit in World Showcase?

I've been thinking about this for a long time, and I made a list of what characters fit where-

Mexico: The Three Caballeros, Emperor's New Groove (It might be South America, I have no idea...)
    Norway: The Little Mermaid (I know it's in Denmark, but it is close)
    China: Mulan
    Germany: Snow White
    Italy: Pinnochio
    America: Well, there's plenty, like "Oliver and Company" (NY), "Ben and Me" (The colonies), "Sleepy Hollow" (New York State), "Lilo and Stitch" (Hawaii)...
    Japan: KINGDOM HEARTS!!! XD
    Morocco: Aladdin
    France: Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Ratatouille
    UK: Sleeping Beauty (Not sure if it's been proven yet...though Aurora has been spotted in the area between France and the UK), Alice in Wonderland, Mary Poppins, Winnie the Pooh, Robin Hood, The Great Mouse Detective...wow, they've drawn a lot of inspiration from the UK.
    Canada: Brother Bear

Can anyone think of more?
    Going back May '08.

My likes-POTC, Haunted Mansion, Muppets 3D

Looking forward to-Simpsons, Star Tours 2, Harry Potter, visiting Tokyo Disneyland and USJ!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaDracul View Post
    I've been thinking about this for a long time, and I made a list of what characters fit where-

Mexico: The Three Caballeros, Emperor's New Groove (It might be South America, I have no idea...)
    Norway: The Little Mermaid (I know it's in Denmark, but it is close)
    China: Mulan
    Germany: Snow White
    Italy: Pinnochio
    America: Well, there's plenty, like "Oliver and Company" (NY), "Ben and Me" (The colonies), "Sleepy Hollow" (New York State), "Lilo and Stitch" (Hawaii)...
    Japan: KINGDOM HEARTS!!! XD
    Morocco: Aladdin
    France: Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Ratatouille
    UK: Sleeping Beauty (Not sure if it's been proven yet...though Aurora has been spotted in the area between France and the UK), Alice in Wonderland, Mary Poppins, Winnie the Pooh, Robin Hood, The Great Mouse Detective...wow, they've drawn a lot of inspiration from the UK.
    Canada: Brother Bear

Can anyone think of more?
    UK- Peter Pan
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

DisneyNut2005 Guest

America: Pocahontas

Post Thanks / Like

If they had Australia in World Showcase, there'd be "Finding Nemo". Also, Pinocchio would also fit in Germany. Now for some originals:

America - Roger Rabbit, Kim Possible, PotC, Country Bears

UK - Gummi Bears

I also commend the reference to "Ben & Me", that poster must have a high knowledge of Disney obscurities.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, Pinnochio is set in Italy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinnochio
    Going back May '08.

Looking forward to-Simpsons, Star Tours 2, Harry Potter, visiting Tokyo Disneyland and USJ!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Idea

There aren't Black Cauldron Meets anymore but they''d fill Norway.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some more ideas for America:

-Herbie the Love Bug

-High School Musical

-Newsies(I'll personally thank anyone who knows this one)

-Tailspin(there aren't any jungle themed places in WS,so I'm guessing Baloo will just have to don his pilot uniform and head to America)
    Last edited by Brer Robert; 07-12-2007 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Someone already mentioned Sleepy Hollow.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay Here's My list because I'm a fairytale expert !

Mexico-Three Cabelleros
    Norway-Peter and the Wolf ( Alot of people don't know about that Disney short film!)
    Germany-Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
    Morocco-Aladdin, or Lion King characters (primarily Morocco is in Africa and the Aladdin Characters are middle eastern but whateve, lol
    Italy-Pinocchio
    France-Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast both written by Charles Perrault, as well as Cinderella. However Cinderella has many different versions all over the world and is believed to have begun in the Asian countries.Aristocats too.
    China-Mulan
    America-Pocahontas, Brer Rabbit and the gang, Country Bears
    UK-Alice in Wonderland, Mary Poppins and Winnie the Pooh(even though Winnie the Pooh was Canadian because the bear was brought to the UK from Winnepeg Manitoba, hence the name of the storybook character Winnie the Pooh) , there are no bears in the UK, also Winnie was a baby black bear cub(in real life) Peter Pan.
    Japan- Kingdom Hearts characters I guess! lol
    Canada-Brother Bear & Winnie the Pooh but the story was written in England, so I guess he's split up between the two countries!
    Disney Wilderness Campground 1989
    Disney's Polynesian Resort 1996
    Disney's Port Orlean's Riverside 2004
    Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort This September 2007 YAY!

Post Thanks / Like

Default My list

Mexico-Amigo Donald, Jose Carioca and of course Panchito.
    Norway-There aren´t any Black Cauldron meet and greets anymore but if they want they´ll fit perfectly in this one. Also we can meet Narnia´s Queen.
    UK-Alice, Mad Hatter, Queen of Hearts, Walrus, Twedledee & Twedledum, White Rabbit, Winnie Pooh, Rabbit, Eeyore, Piglet, Tigger, Peter Pan, Wendy, Hook, Mr. Smee, Mary Poppins, Bert, Penguins, Robin Hood, Little John, Friar Tuck, Prince John, Sheriff Of Nothingham.
    USA-Pocahontas, Meeko, Rattclife, Woody, Jessie, Bullseye, Mickey & Pals, Buzz Lightyear, Green Army Man, Lilo, Stitch, Brer Gang.
    France'Belle, Beast, Gaston, Hunchback Characters, Marie, Cinderelle cause it is set in Louxembourg or Belgium but theré´s a french affinity with those countries, and Sleepong Beauty Characters.
    Germany'Snow White Characters
    China-Mulan Characters
    Japan-Sora & Mike Wasowzki

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about "Black Cauldron" in Norway...or having Jadis there as "The Chronicles of Narnia" is set in the UK. "Peter and the Wolf", while set in Russia, is a better fit for Norway.

But how is Mike Wazowski fitting in Japan? Does he resemble a yokai? I can't think of one that he'd be like now...
    Going back May '08.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: