Quantcast 'On File' in Resort Computers

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question 'On File' in Resort Computers

Does anyone know if the individual resorts keep a file of guests as to how many times visited and last visit?
    I just made a WL reservation and the CM said I see the last time you were here (WDW) was December 2006 (BWI) . Well that's not true, we stayed at WL in March 2007. I just wondered if the Resorts have a different electronic file on guests versus Central Reservations.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything in on file...

If they haven't linked your March trip, it's probably due to some change. Did you make the reservations, same phones number as usual? They are very good about linking reservations, it's their business to keep track of what you do, etc.

It could also be that the trip was so recent, it hasn't worked it's way through the system just yet.

Post Thanks / Like

1) Computers do not track your stays for easy retrieval.
    2) Stays DO NOT appear on Front Desk computers.
    3) The ressie person might have listed it in comments.
    4) Even ressie people have limited view of history.
    5) Most info was volunteered by you when you made the ressie.

NOTE: Past stays are in the computer for up to about 15 months, and easily retrievable for lost tickets with days remaining, etc. Previous trips ARE archived, but a real pain to retrieve. Thus, when on the phone or in person, remarks to past stays do not come from a computer base.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

well if these things arent accessible by front desk personnel then how do they know everytime we check in at different resorts that we've been there to disney so many times and make a big deal out of it??
    they issue us the gold room key that we've gotten for the last 9 or so trips, and then they wont let us leave until they shake my dad's hand everytime at check in (since he's the one who foots the bill).
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We have made every trip to WDW with my Dad (he usually makes the ressies) except one...

When DH and I booked our 10 year anniversary trip on-line and under our own names (I use my married name not my maiden name) and e-mail address a couple of years ago, my dad got copied on an e-mail regarding the trip
    Have a Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iceicebritney View Post
    they issue us the gold room key that we've gotten for the last 9 or so trips
    I remember the gold keys. They tried to make them standard at one time for the club level rooms, but now it seems that whichever pile the room key is pulled from, that's the color you get. On the Disney cruise line, they do use them for the suites. Maybe there's a field that identifies your dad as a frequent guest or as RustyScupper mentioned, it could be simply under your reservation notes. Rusty would know the "inside" scoop .
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by irish1967 View Post
    We have made every trip to WDW with my Dad (he usually makes the ressies) except one...

When DH and I booked our 10 year anniversary trip on-line and under our own names (I use my married name not my maiden name) and e-mail address a couple of years ago, my dad got copied on an e-mail regarding the trip
    That reminds me of when I was first in the planning stages of our Honeymoon. They asked me if I had ever stayed onsite before and I told them I had and where and they said they saw it and mentioned my dad's name and I was like, no, my dad is not coming, it's my Honeymoon! It was strange!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: